Comms and Companion Gear

ballmatt

Multiple questions here:

1.What comms can be changed in other comms? ie basic comms to elite or ultimate comms. All I've been able to figure out is WZ comms to basic comms.

2.How do you transfer comms to an alt? Mainly basic, elite and ultimate comms

3.Once at level 60, how do you gear up your companions? The vendors only let you buy gear that is specific to your class.

4.Random question... are there augments for level 60? Or are the purple level 58 augements the highest?

Thanks.

Edited by ballmatt

Multiple questions here:

1.What comms can be changed in other comms? ie basic comms to elite or ultimate comms. All I've been able to figure out is WZ comms to basic comms.

2.How do you transfer comms to an alt? Mainly basic, elite and ultimate comms

3.Once at level 60, how do you gear up your companions? The vendors only let you buy gear that is specific to your class.

4.Random question... are there augments for level 60? Or are the purple level 58 augements the highest?

Thanks.

Well, to answer your questions:

1. You can exchange WZ Comms for either Basic Comms at a 40:1 ratio, or for Ranked WZ Comms at a 30:10 ratio. For Ranked WZ Comms you need Valor 40, though. Elite and Ultimate need to be obtained as they are.

2. You normally don't, there's no legit way to do so. But you can buy the piece of gear you need, place the mods into a legacy bound shell and give it to the char that needs it. ;)

3. Well, I personally just outfit them into moddable gear and either craft the stuff myself or buy pieces from the Rishi vendor. :rolleyes:

4. If they follow the same logic as last time, 186 rating should be the highest augments atm. :o

This is what I know, free to correct me if I'm wrong, guys. :D

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Thanks.

3. Buy the equipment from the vendor. If the stuff actually is class specific (says something like "requires Sith Warrior"), pull out the mods and put them into some custom armor your companion is wearing.

4. Yes, MK-10 is the highest.

3. Buy the equipment from the vendor. If the stuff actually is class specific (says something like "requires Sith Warrior"), pull out the mods and put them into some custom armor your companion is wearing.

But unless I'm using a companion with the same priority stats as myself that would be useless.

Is there no way to get rating 198 gear for companions? or is 178 the highest they can have?...Unless I have an alt with the same priority stats as my current companion, buy the Ultimate gear on my alt, rip out the mods and put them in a piece of Legacy gear, mail that to my main, and equip my comp with the legacy gear(or rip out mods again and put in other modable gear)??

But unless I'm using a companion with the same priority stats as myself that would be useless.

Are you for real??????????

Why don't you just go and buy from another class vendor that has gear with the same primary stat as your companion?

And more over...

Practically none of the level 60 gear is class specific, that is none of it requires a specific class, and hence all of it can be used by companions without any mod removing what so ever.

The only reason one might want to rip something out of the gear is if they want to min/max for example by buying the same chest armor 5 times just to get the accuracy/power enhancement to put it in your other items.

Edited by Eternalnight

Are you for real??????????

Why don't you just go and buy from another class vendor that has gear with the same primary stat as your companion?

If I'm playing an assassin I can't go to the BH vendor or equipment comm vendor and buy Heavy armor. I can buy the corresponding mods (whatever they are called for priority aim) from the mod comm vendor, but that only gets me up to rating 178...as previously stated, Rishi mods.

Practically none of the level 60 gear is class specific, that is none of it requires a specific class, and hence all of it can be used by companions without any mod removing what so ever.

Again, if I'm playing an Assassin, I can go to the BH Ultimate Gear vendor and buy heavy armor Ultimate gear??

Edited by ballmatt

You can buy it even if the vendor's not for your class. Also, it's all adaptive now, none of it is heavy/medium/light.

While true, this is almost misleading.

It almost looks like as if it is implying that it being adaptive now allows you to buy it.

That is not the case.

Armor type does not have and never did have any effect on what you can or can't buy.

1. I don't know

2. You can't directly transfer comms to an alt, however, you can buy relevant pieces of gear, rip the mods out, put the mods into a piece of Legacy gear, send the legacy gear to the alt, and then have the alt wear the legacy gear or strip the mods out and put them on the alt's gear.

3. I'm not sure what you mean here. You can buy pieces of gear that are not for your class from the vendors - they will appear "greyed out", but you can still buy them. Also, if you buy a piece of gear and strip the mods off it, for your own use, you can then use that piece of gear on an alt by adding the appropriate mods to it. (Providing they can use the gear type - light, medium, or heavy.)

4. All I can say is that there appears to be newer augments that require a MK-10 slot, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Wow, well I feel pretty stupid. Apologies to all. Just played this morning and checked it out. The items were greyed out so I just ASSumed I couldn't purchase them... never actually tried.

Thanks for the answers on the other questions as well.

You can't directly transfer comms to an alt

You can actually transfer commendations. Although as of now, this is only possible with Basic commendations, not elite or ultimate.

What you do is that you go and find any commendations vendor that sells mods (not items but just individual mods) and buy as many of them as you can.

These are refundable for 2 hours.

You will then go to stronghold/ guild ship and place this mods into a legacy storage hold.

You will then log to your alt and pick them up and go back to the vendor and have them returned for refunds and get the commendations returned to that alt instead of the one that bought them.

The advantages to doing it this way include:

1. The alt can then use those commendations to buy items that you could not transfer in other means such as non-moddable items like earpiece or implant

2. There is no credit cost of removing mods from gear involved

Whatever gave you that idea?

Here's a picture of my Assassin, at the BH vendor, just having purchased some armor 2 minutes ago:

http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/2476784/pics/original/3050781.jpg

You should not buy heavy armor for the Assassin, though, that's pointless. :D

But for your Companions it's okay, of course ( depending on who needs it ).

You should not buy heavy armor for the Assassin, though, that's pointless. :D

But for your Companions it's okay, of course ( depending on who needs it ).

Now look at the picture he posted, open your eyes and realise it's adaptive armor so he could actually wear it if he so desired.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.