Plants without the huge planters?

JonnyRay

I had been thinking about making a garden room somewhere in my SH, but it seems like all of the plant decorations come in massive planters which would end up looking silly all stacked next to each other. Or have I missed something somewhere?

Try looking not just in the GTN but on all vendors. There are plants of all sizes to select from. Those utility decorations that you farm mats from can also be used as great decorations.

Try this website, it shows all kinds of plants and how to obtain them:

http://tor-decorating.com/environmental/

or

http://tor-decorating.com/utility/

or

http://tor-decorating.com/vendors/

Try looking not just in the GTN but on all vendors. There are plants of all sizes to select from. Those utility decorations that you farm mats from can also be used as great decorations.

Thanks Bantha. I forgot about a couple of the other options. In general, the complaint about the fact that EVERY plant seems to be in some sort of a pot still stands, but it's good to remember that there are multiple sources for things as well.

I've been using tor-decorating for ideas for a while. My main SH is a mess. I took the "nasty" route of filling it with cheap junk to get the conquest bonus raised up. But I'm trying to go back room-by-room and make it look like an actual residence. Just figuring out what I want each room to be is a struggle sometimes. :o

I struggle with the pots, too, not only because so many of them have huge pots, but they have different-looking pots that don't match. My Coruscant balcony I've done as a "park" design using the Weed Flowers from Synthetic MK-1 prefabs and the Autumn Trees from Cartel Certificates. Their pots are a reasonable size and pretty--I like the way it looks, but I wish I had more variety. There are a few other plants that have matching pots, but they didn't really fit the look (blood razor fern is a little scary looking, Sea Grass and Large Fern pots are just too big for what I was going for), and other plants that might have looked nice had different pots that I felt clashed. Another disappointment of mine is the beautiful Rishi plants have an ugly pot :(

Some recommendations: I really like the Yavin Tree Plot. It's a lot of greenery for not a lot of base. From there, there are a bunch of plants with gray pots that aren't too big that match. The glowing spores and glowing cave fern, the Yavin Jungle Fern, Large Mushroom, Rakata Palm, and a bunch of the bioanalysis utility decos (a few of which look nice, not just green lumps) have matching pots. If you don't mind the pots not matching perfectly, the brown shrub (synthetic prefabs) and green bush (Cartel Certificates) have small gray pots that are different but don't stand out too much.

If you can train yourself to ignore the pots and just see the greenery, you'll have a lot more options. But if the pots bother you then you have to play around with it.

Edited by Mireleni
added a link for reference

I wonder ... could you use one of those hook arrangements with the large hook with small ones inside it? Put say the Jedi fountain down and then place small plants on the other hooks and move them inside the fountain boundary?

I wonder ... could you use one of those hook arrangements with the large hook with small ones inside it? Put say the Jedi fountain down and then place small plants on the other hooks and move them inside the fountain boundary?

I used a fountain (the other one not the jedi one, and not the blood and fire either) on a large hook and placed some flowers on the small hook and moved some of the flowers actually inside the fountain.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.