We finally getting a fix on Tython (dev answer)

There is an issue with the right hand side? Typically when I heal that fight I'm on the right side and haven't had an issue getting the shield down. Are you sure the two people over there are doing the right things?

Mallo

There is an issue with the right hand side? Typically when I heal that fight I'm on the right side and haven't had an issue getting the shield down. Are you sure the two people over there are doing the right things?

Mallo

It's not bugged for imps. For Pubs the right side shields don't go down and you usually have to burn through the shields to kill the mobs. Something most pugs or not well geared people can do easily... so group finder and you get tython you're usually screwed.

Mallo

Yup this is the second time the pub side of that FP has been bugged, before 3.0 the tactical was bugged, the shields wouldn't come down at all.

Ahh interesting I don't remember the issue on the tactical side coming up but again healing so not paying much attention and haven't done the "new" reskinned flash points on the pub side. Sorry to hear that.

I asked because I do have people dropping group on the empire side as well.

Mallo

Anyone home ? How long has SOR been out now again ? Throw us a freakin bone. Back to makeb weekly and killing the main man for 12 and 4 elite comms. Nope I'm not doing 8 Yavin 4 dailies for 4 elite comms that would be stupid.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It's not bugged for imps. For Pubs the right side shields don't go down and you usually have to burn through the shields to kill the mobs. Something most pugs or not well geared people can do easily... so group finder and you get tython you're usually screwed.

Or you just jump off the platform once the adds spawn and wait till the shields are gone. Very easy tactic and only braindead people will get killed by an orbitel when using that mechanic.

Or you just jump off the platform once the adds spawn and wait till the shields are gone. Very easy tactic and only braindead people will get killed by an orbitel when using that mechanic.

They fixed that part, or it broke, but jumping off the platform for some reason, resets the boss to full health, but keeps right adds still up.. and no, it isn't because we went to far on either side.

They fixed that part, or it broke, but jumping off the platform for some reason, resets the boss to full health, but keeps right adds still up.. and no, it isn't because we went to far on either side.

Tank keep taunt the boss bottom of the stairs, rest just LOS behind the turrets on either side, until the shields drop. Burn down adds when they do, and rinse, repeat. Easy going on the healer that.

Tank keep taunt the boss bottom of the stairs, rest just LOS behind the turrets on either side, until the shields drop. Burn down adds when they do, and rinse, repeat. Easy going on the healer that.

I said, that's how we did it before, now when we do it, boss resets to full health, keeping right adds still there as well.

Either way, its been addressed, and look forward to the patch. :)

Yes I have done this before and it has worked a few times but I normally get into groups with the walking brain dead.

This has worked for me once, but again, playing with window lickers.

If by some chance we find that the issue is not fixed on Tuesday, here is a detailed work around that has succeeded for me every time, no wipes or evades/resets.

1. Shields go up, everyone runs down the stairs all the way to the little clearing at the bottom.
  2. The group should stand in between (or just behind) the 2 small barriers that create an opening into the clearing. The boss WILL NOT use orbital strike there.
  3. The tank (or anyone) runs in and out of the clearing, triggering the boss' orbital strike and thus I believe inhibiting a reset/evade.
  4. The process lasts about a minute, the boss has an icon with a timer on it.
  5. At about 4 seconds left, the tank should run into the clearing, trigger the orbital strike, but then instead of running back OUT, he should run up the stairs onto the first landing (NOT all the way up to where the boss is).
  6. When the shields drop, if the tank is positioned properly on the first landing, the adds will kind of make their way towards the stairs, grouping nicely for the tank to get aggro on all of them.
  7. At this point, the dps can burn them down with AoE and re-engage the boss.

When running this with my guild or a well-equipped group-finder PuG, the shield phase pops 3 times, maybe 4 depending on dps. I have NEVER experienced a reset using this method.

Edited by Kurkina
format

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.