Half of All ACs are FotM!

waterboytkd

A lot of threads going around, complaining about Sins, Sorcs, PTs, and Juggs, many calling them the Feature of the Month, sometimes calling all of them the Feature of the Month in one thread or post.

When you call half of all classes the Feature of the Month, you're using the term wrong. Even calling them OP is weird, since power balance is a relative term--one could simply call the other 4 ACs underpowered.

Are there power-balance corrections that could be made? Sure. But hyperbole and rhetoric do not aid in that endeavor.

the correct term is "flavor of the month"... and no not half are part of it.

There are 2 that fall under this, Sorcs and Sins. PTs and Juggs are really no different than they ever were.

I mean no offense to those who have played them since day 1 or as a primary toon and do not count you in this reference.. in fact i would suggest you get on board and stop the fotm's as they are going to get you nerfed.

Edited by Floplag

There are 2 that fall under this, Sorcs and Sins. PTs and Juggs are really no different than they ever were.

I mean no offense to those who have played them since day 1 or as a primary toon and do not count you in this reference.. in fact i would suggest you get on board and stop the fotm's as they are going to get you nerfed.

cool avatar you got :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: pt's are DEFINITELY a FOTM along with sorcs and sins. You're either in denial or don't play enough.

cool avatar you got :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: pt's are DEFINITELY a FOTM along with sorcs and sins. You're either in denial or don't play enough.

I disagree, but thats fine...

Ask yourself this though... if you are on a sorc or sin are you scared of a PT?

Plus i see far far fewer new random PTs than i do the other 2. That isnt to say there arent some, but most of the melee fotms went Jugg

Bottom line we are splitting hairs now on what is or is not FOTM... there are the obvious ones, and the debatable ones, the obvious ones are what they are, and they are both Inquisitors/Sages

i only play smuggler/trooper and neither have been fotm in a long longgggg time. I HAVE to disagree, tactics vg's might have to be the most blatant fotm there is. I wouldn't even call it debatable the forums cry it, and the servers/warzones speak for themselves. Sorcs, specifically madness sorcs were already fotm before 3.0, so I haven't seen their numbers increase in the way vg's and pt's have.

And it is only one of the sin disciplines. Hatred is the only issue. Deception is fine, and may even need to be buffed if sin utilities are toned down.

i only play smuggler/trooper and neither have been fotm in a long longgggg time. I HAVE to disagree, tactics vg's might have to be the most blatant fotm there is. I wouldn't even call it debatable the forums cry it, and the servers/warzones speak for themselves. Sorcs, specifically madness sorcs were already fotm before 3.0, so I haven't seen their numbers increase in the way vg's and pt's have.
Your server is an outlier then, as new sorc's far outnumber new PT's on my server, with new sins still being a bit more numerous. Edited by Vodrin

Pt's have one overpowered ability in one discipline right now (shoulder cannons). If the internal cooldown of the cannons was doubled the spec would be fine.

i hate to point out what should be obvious, but Shoulder Cannon is not OP.

It is basically a weaker version of the jugg/guardian Focused Defense that has more restrictions and must be launched manually for each tick, and heals for less than the sorc emergency heal... the hoopla over this is unwarranted.

It is basically a weaker version of the jugg/guardian Focused Defense that has more restrictions and must be launched manually for each tick, and heals for less than the sorc emergency heal... the hoopla over this is unwarranted.

You missed the point. The burst is the problem.

not the heal is the problem but that ccing a pt doesn't stop the damage

You missed the point. The burst is the problem.

so you are more worried about back end burst when a person is near death but not about front end from sins? that about sum it up?

I mean lets be honest.. i cant even use shoulder cannon until im under 35%, plus it has a rather long cooldown, and is subject to whatever class im up against mitigation etc... so... again i ask... is this what you are so worried about?

not the heal is the problem but that ccing a pt doesn't stop the damage

as mentioned you assume this is always available.. its not, it has a rather long cooldown of 90 seconds compared to other "oh crap" buttons such as the soc self heal which is only 30 seconds... again, is this is your biggest issues with PTs, you are doing it wrong.

shoulder cannon is a problem, mainly the gcd, but i think this will get "fixed" 100%. hold the line is also pretty silly. maybe 30% from 45%. I'm not too sure about the length of it either. Energy burst is another thing, but I haven't played enough vg to comment on it yet..

....Except for Sents and Maras

and merc / commando dps.

Here's what I would do:

Sin / Shadow - slight nerf to self heals, 12s stun immunity

Sorc / Sage - slight nerf to AOE damage and possibly self heals.

PT / VG - Slight nerf to shoulder cannon damage or rate of fire

Jugg / Guard - nothing right now

Merc / Commando - some sort of boost to survivability

Mara / Sent - grant ability to negate some CC

Op / Scound - not sure, don't ask me

Snipe / GS - not sure, don't ask me

its funny to me, no not really, how these lists dont even mention Mercs anymore... lol

it is perhaps the most broken class in pvp and has become the forgotten class and/or a free kill that noone wants to play in ranked so they get completely overlooked.

A lot of threads going around, complaining about Sins, Sorcs, PTs, and Juggs, many calling them the Feature of the Month, sometimes calling all of them the Feature of the Month in one thread or post.

When you call half of all classes the Feature of the Month, you're using the term wrong. Even calling them OP is weird, since power balance is a relative term--one could simply call the other 4 ACs underpowered.

Are there power-balance corrections that could be made? Sure. But hyperbole and rhetoric do not aid in that endeavor.

Feature of them Mouth? None gamer alert.

Yeah yeah yeah. Biffed the F word. But the point remains. Threads crop up complaining about the 4 FFotM (Featured Flavors of the Month!), and list Sins, Sorcs, PTs, and Juggs. They don't denote specs, or problematic abilities. They just cry about the whole class. Well, classes. Four out of eight of them. It's nonsense.

Being able to unload 7 cannons off GCD while using other burst abilities is most definitely OP. It just has nothing to do with the healing. And if the internal cooldown of the ability were increased it would be fine.

its funny to me, no not really, how these lists dont even mention Mercs anymore... lol

it is perhaps the most broken class in pvp and has become the forgotten class and/or a free kill that noone wants to play in ranked so they get completely overlooked.

Uh, no. Mercs have been replaced by snipers in this regard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.