Why No color crystal in PVP main hand and offhand?

Prodiigy

All highend weapons had them removed... Best guess was to make you buy them... Ie, so they sell more cartel packs.. Up till now, expertise crystals from packs have been cheap on the GTN... Pretty much throw aways from your packs...

I have noticed most expertise crystal prices increasing signicantly since 3.0... So more cartel packs are being purchased... Seeing as artifice doesn't make expertise crystals as far as I know... The only other source of them is from the pvp vendors...

Anyway the removal of highend crystals means you have to get them somewhere... Cartel packs - extra revenue for Bio (GTN), vendors (uses comms) or artifice crafters (only power, Crit, end)...

Some have suggested they may make them vanity objects in the future with no stats... But that would lose them revenue from the cartel market... So I think this unlikely

I do think though that they should explain that pvp weapons need to have expertise in them... I see so many people Equiping non pvp crystals

Maybe that is just a stupid bug, like the game trying to generate items that are only filled with 168+ rating mods but since crystal of such rating do not exist...

No, it isn't a bug... It was done on purpose... But bio should acknowledge this so people aren't confused

No, it isn't a bug... It was done on purpose... But bio should acknowledge this so people aren't confused
Maybe... Maybe not.

You know, we probably had a guy who forgot to make an exclusion for ship gear when adding the augment bolster mechanism...

Personally, I have no problem imagining the same guy forgetting that crystal are stuck at rating 136 when trying to put "adequate" mods into weapons.

I believe artifice can get schematic for standard crystal from pvp vendors, not a fancy colour, i think it's yellow.

I think the idea is to reuse crystals because most people reuse anyway, I have had the black and purple crystal for over a year now and it costs 3000 ranked comms so I won't be changing pvp crystal anytime soon =]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.