Remove Color Crystals (Grade 11) Gathering nodes

dscount

Cut the number of NODES found in HALF (Yavin 4 only) and remove all the color crystal nodes. Covert ALL the remaining nodes to Power Crystal and Archaeology Materials instead.

Lets face it - we barely use the colors and if we do then it's easy to just send out a mission to collect them.

Just an idea, but how lopsided the color crystals are compared to other gathering skills it seems appropriate.

Cut the number of NODES found in HALF (Yavin 4 only) and remove all the color crystal nodes. Covert ALL the remaining nodes to Power Crystal and Archaeology Materials instead.

Lets face it - we barely use the colors and if we do then it's easy to just send out a mission to collect them.

Let's face it, everyone does Artificing the way you do.

:rolleyes:

The only reason you're seeing so many color crystals is because nobody is harvesting them, so the nodes don't refresh. Eventually, the power crystals/artifact nodes also come up as color crystals, and stop being harvested.

The spawn rate for color crystals vs other nodes is no different than at grades 1-9, people just need to stop skipping the color crystals so they can refresh like the other nodes.

The only reason you're seeing so many color crystals is because nobody is harvesting them, so the nodes don't refresh. Eventually, the power crystals/artifact nodes also come up as color crystals, and stop being harvested.

The spawn rate for color crystals vs other nodes is no different than at grades 1-9, people just need to stop skipping the color crystals so they can refresh like the other nodes.

That is an interesting point. If everyone ignores the color crystals, that's what most of the archaeology nodes out there will be.

I can just imagine the public service announcement. "Be polite. Harvest color crystals on sight."

That is an interesting point. If everyone ignores the color crystals, that's what most of the archaeology nodes out there will be.

I can just imagine the public service announcement. "Be polite. Harvest color crystals on sight."

A similar thing happens in LotRO (possibly other games, too). Prospecting nodes, for example, spawn either as a "common" metal or a "precious" metal, with the spawn supposedly being 2/3 chance for common, 1/3 precious. So at, for example, tier 2, it's either silver or low-grade iron. People mostly want the silver, so people cherry pick the silver nodes. Many of the iron nodes go unharvested and then the harvested silver nodes have (assuming the rate is correct) a 2/3 chance of respawning as iron. Thus, lots of iron, not much silver.

Just an idea, but how lopsided the color crystals are compared to other gathering skills it seems appropriate.

When I gather those crystals about half the time those nodes come back as either Power Crystals or even Artifact nodes. I use those crystals to make dyes so yes they are used at least by me.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.