I rarely, if ever, lag. What's with all the complaints of ability delay?

JidaiDerriphan

Maybe 5 times (for less than a 10 minutes) in the last 3 years, I have lagged or had connection issues. My set up isn't amazing, I got it in 2011 for SWTOR, 16gb ram i7 3.4ghz quad core. If anything I think my internet connection is what helps me avoid lag, 100mbs and I usually hover around 16ms lag when on SWTOR. I've also played jugg and mara A LOT and never once has the issue where my jump comes up short. (As I hear complained about a lot). Am I the only exception to the complaints?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well good for you. You belong to the 0,0001 % which doesn`t have any problem with the lag but guess what 99,9999% do have the problem with lag and ability delay, why do you think are there so many who have the same complaints in the forums.

People like to whine, it doesn't mean the problem is on Bioware's end. Upgrade your rig and connection and you'll be good to go.

You now some ppl have problem with ability delay and lag on planets. And yes the problem is on Bioware side.

I don't know maybe they get free CC for trying to say .. IT ISN'T them..

I always laugh at these responses .. because I am willing to admit NOT everyone is suffering from lag supposedly (although I bet it is more about how much lag they are willing to tolerate) THEY will never admit someone else has lag ..

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
Provocative part removed.

I always laugh at these responses .. because I am willing to admit NOT everyone is suffering from lag supposedly (although I bet it is more about how much lag they are willing to tolerate) THEY will never admit someone else has lag ..

I always laugh at people who have silly paranoia conspiracies and get all bent out of shape just because some users have great experiences and praise for SWTOR.

Maybe 5 times (for less than a 10 minutes) in the last 3 years, I have lagged or had connection issues. My set up isn't amazing, I got it in 2011 for SWTOR, 16gb ram i7 3.4ghz quad core. If anything I think my internet connection is what helps me avoid lag, 100mbs and I usually hover around 16ms lag when on SWTOR. I've also played jugg and mara A LOT and never once has the issue where my jump comes up short. (As I hear complained about a lot). Am I the only exception to the complaints?

Go to Belsavis.

Ability delay is the main complaint right now. And I am pretty sure every player comes across it during game play. Ability delay is not to be confused with connection lag or client lag. The Ability delay issues (which we have had off and on since launch with this game) appear very much to be a server side resource problem (being processor, memory, disk, instance arrays, or whatever).

Thing is.. some players simply ignore it (unless it is so bad they are virtually frozen from skill activations).. other players will go nutz with even minimal signs of it during game play. Most players see it, adapt to it, and play on (or avoid certain game play at peak server times).

Personally, I play the servers during non-prime time at the moment and the ability delay is still visible, but is minimal. On the other hand.. trying to play during prime time (especially on The Harbinger) is an exercise in frustration at the moment. It will get fixed... they always manage to fix it so that it is a minimal issue. But I doubt it is every completely gone.. as it seems to lurk under the radar waiting for some new patch to aggravate it back up into players in game experience.

People like to whine, it doesn't mean the problem is on Bioware's end. Upgrade your rig and connection and you'll be good to go.

Umm... no... that does not apply here.

While I agree that many connection performance issues, and frame rate issues do have some (if not all) causes on the players side of things... ability delay is server side, and is present. But again.. some players simply ignore it unless it is terribad... while others rage quit at the first signs of it... and most manage to cope somewhere in between these two extremes.

Stop whining because people are aware of ability lag and you are not. ;)

wait, people get CCs for supporting BioWare? I now demand yellow post to tell me where are my extra coins :i_mad:

The only places I've had with the issue are Nar Shaddaa and Makeb, so far. Every other planet's been clean for me.

The problem IS on Bioware's end, but I think having a good computer mitigates a lot of it. This computer was literally constructed last month.

Amusingly, someone had a theory that the Life Day droids are causing it somehow and that it's worse on planets with more of them, like Nar Shaddaa.

Edited by Djiini

Personally I get the ability delay (as in a few of my abilities fail to fire then they all go off in quick succession, but normally waaaaaaay too late to be of use) maybe once or twice every 3 or 4 hours of play and I have yet to suffer from the lag I see reported frequently on the forums. I also play on Ebon Hawk even though I am in the UK so my ping sits at about 80 ms on the best of days.

I am in no way trying to say that the lag and delay is not happening, just that it feels like a weird luck of the draw rather than something everyone suffers with. Perhaps it varies greatly from server to server.

it can't be on my end it stayed the same for the three years that i played swtor and i never had problems until 3.0 droped, thats when the problems started.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.