What do you need to do when you die during an Op?

My character got killed during a boss fight and when it was teleported to the med centre it could not re-enter, so the whole thing has to be re-done. Do I need to chose the second option, being ported to the beginning of the area (i.e. not a med centre?)

Generally you do not want to revive until everybody else has died, as if the group kills the boss you won't get loot if you aren't there, and if a healer wants to revive you obviously you'll still need to be dead.

Choosing the second option will revive you inside the instance, though if you choose the first option you should still be able to reenter the instance after your group has finished with the boss fight.

I don't think I chose the option, once the count down was done, it teleported me to the medcentre by default. I thought if I stay dead, I would just stay dead until the fight s over.

When the boss fight stopped, I could re-enter the instance, it said my progress is saved, but it is different from the groups', and I have to re-do the thing again.

Edited by DomiSotto

Apparently there's a bug where some people can get sent to medcenter without doing anything... Can't say I've ever had that happen to me. You're suposed to stay dead until the fight is over, one way or another, and then accept revive or return to area start. There's no reason to ever pick medcenter in ops.

There is no countdown for reviving to medcenter. The countdown is for accepting a revive from another player. And generally, you want to stay dead untill either everyone else is dead, you are revived or you're told to go to medcenter (almost never). Edited by Darkelefantos

I swear there was a Count-down, but doesn't matter. I will hid my hands behind my back next time I catch the stupid in the face :) . I will try again! I guess the good part is that now I am committed to find a Terror from the Beyond group and tag along. :) Edited by DomiSotto

there are a few countdowns in the death screen and also a few options to pick in ops.

first: Med Center

absolutely never click that

the option may also have a countdown like 3 sec after which you will be able to click it. (so its more like a cooldown than a countdown)

Also be aware that the med center button have a much bigger pressable section than shown, so be careful.

it will port you out of the instance and you wont be able to rejoin your group during the fight, also you wont get loot/achievements/questprogress

2nd: Area start

this option is greyed out until everyone dies during a boss fight and the boss resets. If your group wipe you are free to press this button, because it will port you to the start of the instance but inside of it without the need of loading in.(there is also something to click or walk through which will get you near your next boss)

also wont have any countdown in it.

3rd: Accept Revive

this option suddenly becomes available if one of your teammates revives you. This will get you up at your Teammates position.

This will have a Countdown of 1 or 2 min (normally dont stare at that thing) after which the revive expires and you wont be able to click it anymore.

sry for bad english :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.