Bring back Orbital Strike for the Opertive

puntingpassing

I'm still leveling my Concealment Operative, not even the right level to have the ability, but the whole reason I even chose the operative was simply because of Orbital Strike. I mainly just like the concept itself, being able to call down an air strike is just plain awesome on so any levels. Sure, it doesn't really make much sense in war zones like the Void Star, but that could easily be overlooked, because being able to stealth a door when attacking, and then being able to stop caps when defending is what made the operative useful. I literally bought subscription just so I could level up my Op and get Orb Strike. Then the patch came. And guess what I find out? The operative no longer has Orb Strike!

I feel like I've just wasted my time and money. I'm only a level 39 at the moment, but I can see my Operative being completely useless in warzones. With no major splash ability, I can really only focus on one or two targets. Sure, the frag grenade has some better splash now, but it can only be used once and then suffers a cooldown, and doesn't work well when targets are scattered. I can understand if you guys nerfed the ability a little, but now it seems like the class itself has been severely down graded. Now I'm going to have to delete my Operative to make room on my server.

Please bring back the Orbital Strike for Operatives.

I miss this ability more in pve than pvp. I feel there are too many people (those sorcs!) using aoe in pvp as it is, but for questing, I have had so many encounters where having that ability back would have been so much more helpful than focusing down targets one at a time in a big group of targets. I also use the frag grenade but like you said, it has a CD and it doesn't do what I would call "good" aoe dmg. I realize that the orbital strike ability also has a CD but at least it did good dmg. My concealment ops is lvl 30; I know sorcs/sages get their aoes early on. Why not give everyone their aoes at the same level? And of course, bring back OS for Ops. Certainly would make questing a lot easier.

I believe the class likely need a good aoe. Since its the class 'premier' ability and what is granted as a heroic moment attack, I think removing it from the ops/scoundrels was not really a good idea. (while it was not a scoundrel signature ability, as the classes are mirrored they feel its loss as well)

But the new spec lines were designed and balanced without the ability and so there may have to be some give in order to get the take back.

Certainly I feel Ops and Scoundrels need some sort of more effective AoE to deal with leveling and PvE soloing.

I don't know, off hand, what I would suggest to present it back and what would have to be changed on the existing spec, to ensure it was properly balanced. I think my initial starting point would be a ranged/targeted AoE skill that does enough damage to kill a large number of equal leveled 'trash' mobs, but which has a long cooldown and a very high energy pool cost. Perhaps some sort of negative in addition that puts an unpurgeable debuff that prevents any of your 'get away free' cards from being activated while the debuff is present, etc.

Something that returns the ability for use in PvE, and makes for dealing with crowds something more on par with prior experience, but would not overbalance the class and would not make the class overly powerful in PvP as Ops and Scoundrel healers already have significant advantages in pvp unless being swarmed by 3 or more other players.

It would be nice if BioWare had thought about splitting ability effects between pve and pvp so that all attacks etc could be balanced independently. Something rocking PvP too much, tone down its pvp attribute values in its flat file. Etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.