So how do you rank the new leadership of the empire?

adormitul

I rank them like this:

1.Marr >/= Darth Nox or whatever, heads of state the highest ranking leaders of the empire

2.The Dark Council

3.Lana Beniko> Chiper Nine but in truth Chiper Nine is the real leader as he has all the cards

4.Empires Wrath and the Champion they are both above the law and if of anyone that is not the above pisses them off nobody can get sanctuary from them. On short they can kill anyone besides the one mentioned and nobody can do anything legally to stop them.

What do you all think is this the ranking of the new leadership of the empire?

Edited by adormitul

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nominally, the Council is in charge, all Councilors are equal, and the Wrath sits as a sort of special case.

De facto, remember that influence is not the same thing as power. Marr is essentially the Emperor's ruler at this point. Nox Is influential, but doesn't have the kind of power to command fleets that Marr does. The Wrath has even less of both now; their source of authority has been removed, though they remain powerful individually.

Lana and Cipher 9 do not have much power yet; they lead the new Sith Intelligence, but it has no real infrastructure yet; II was gutted. Their power will likely grow quickly though.

Nominally, the Council is in charge, all Councilors are equal, and the Wrath sits as a sort of special case.

De facto, remember that influence is not the same thing as power. Marr is essentially the Emperor's ruler at this point. Nox Is influential, but doesn't have the kind of power to command fleets that Marr does. The Wrath has even less of both now; their source of authority has been removed, though they remain powerful individually.

Lana and Cipher 9 do not have much power yet; they lead the new Sith Intelligence, but it has no real infrastructure yet; II was gutted. Their power will likely grow quickly though.

What do you mean influence is not the same thing as power do they not overlap? Lets put it this way the Wrath kills a councilor that is not Marr or Darth Nox would he be made a enemy of the Empire?

Also where is BH in all this does his immunity from the law gives him any influence?

Also does Cipher 9 does not have a codex of sensitive information about everybody?

Edited by adormitul

Darth Marr has put himself as the new leader of the Empire, but it doesn't mean he has succeeded at doing so.

The emperor...well, he's not interested in leading the empire, hasn't done it for a long time. He just wants to burn the galaxy for his own glory and power. You want a boss that is planning to kill you, good luck with that. We'll have to see how this will play out with the emperor being around again, but he's way beyond leadership.

I don't think the Dark Council is very united really so Darth Marr may have a good chance, but who knows? He has stepped into a power vacuum but I'm not convinced he's completely filled it. Something is missing it seems. And Darth Nox...well, we'll see....

What do you mean influence is not the same thing as power do they not overlap? Lets put it this way the Wrath kills a councilor that is not Marr or Darth Nox would he be made a enemy of the Empire?

Well, political ideology can shift, but it's entirely possible. Wrath's biggest advantage in the political game is that he could act with Big Poppa's authority, while Big Poppa himself remained conveniently silent. Now that Big Poppa has given the Empire the finger, Wrath, who presumably has chosen to sever ties so as not to become a light after-dinner snack, doesn't really have the same powerful patron protecting him.

All that said, physical power commands respect in the Empire, and powerful allies will be needed for the upcoming battle, so if Wrath isn't just acting like a maniac for the sake of acting like a maniac, it can probably be assumed that Marr himself would probably be more than willing to act as a political patron of sorts, should such a thing be needed.

Well, political ideology can shift, but it's entirely possible. Wrath's biggest advantage in the political game is that he could act with Big Poppa's authority, while Big Poppa himself remained conveniently silent. Now that Big Poppa has given the Empire the finger, Wrath, who presumably has chosen to sever ties so as not to become a light after-dinner snack, doesn't really have the same powerful patron protecting him.

All that said, physical power commands respect in the Empire, and powerful allies will be needed for the upcoming battle, so if Wrath isn't just acting like a maniac for the sake of acting like a maniac, it can probably be assumed that Marr himself would probably be more than willing to act as a political patron of sorts, should such a thing be needed.

Is he not the empires executioners now like the one responsible with serving justice to the betrayers of the empire?

Also is he not above any other sith lord or at least outside their influence?

That being said I wonder if the Dark Council has any power left?

I just have one question. Who the heck is Chiper nine?

I know that there was an Imperial agent that was once known as Cipher nine. Though these days they don't have that designation.

Once that name enters in to legend you are that name no matter the fact that the designation changed. Like 007 even if that sort of designation changed we all know who he is.

Edited by adormitul

Is he not the empires executioners now like the one responsible with serving justice to the betrayers of the empire?

Also is he not above any other sith lord or at least outside their influence?

He is, on the authority of the Emperor. The Emperor has made it clear he no longer seeks to exert his authority on the Empire, though, at least, not in any sense outside of eating it, anyway. Hence, only the most diehard fanatics are going to respect the Wrath's "authority" at this point, and those fanatics do not likely hold the positions of real power since the "don't get eaten" political party has a significantly more traction among the non-psychological-vore community.

That being said I wonder if the Dark Council has any power left?

The Dark Council has really been running the Empire for quite some time at this point. They still have their respective spheres of influence. It's possible that with no Emperor uniting them, they could split off into something more along the lines of warring barbarian tribes in time, although at present, I suspect their respective desire to not be destroyed by the Emperor will likely keep them nominally working together at least as well as their loyalty to him did previously.

He is, on the authority of the Emperor. The Emperor has made it clear he no longer seeks to exert his authority on the Empire, though, at least, not in any sense outside of eating it, anyway. Hence, only the most diehard fanatics are going to respect the Wrath's "authority" at this point, and those fanatics do not likely hold the positions of real power since the "don't get eaten" political party has a significantly more traction among the non-psychological-vore community.

The Dark Council has really been running the Empire for quite some time at this point. They still have their respective spheres of influence. It's possible that with no Emperor uniting them, they could split off into something more along the lines of warring barbarian tribes in time, although at present, I suspect their respective desire to not be destroyed by the Emperor will likely keep them nominally working together at least as well as their loyalty to him did previously.

You do know that now he is the empires wrath so pretty much the same thing but now he serves the empire as a whole not the emperor.

I am surprised that the remaining Dark Council members do not try to curb Marr's power even if he is the oldest that is in the council.

That still leaves the BH in how he is ranked in the empire not technically but actually.

You do know that now he is the empires wrath so pretty much the same thing but now he serves the empire as a whole not the emperor.

No, I think you're the one who has it backwards. He's the Emperor's Wrath. The Empire doesn't have a Wrath. The closest thing the Empire did have to a "Wrath" was probably the Emperor himself.

I am surprised that the remaining Dark Council members do not try to curb Marr's power even if he is the oldest that is in the council.

Oh, they do. That's kind of the Sith way. But at the same time, even if they might chafe under him, they also don't want to die, so they'll probably at least work as uneasy allies for the time being. Of course, some may underestimate the threat and try to seize the opportunity, make no mistake. But that's business as usual for the Dark Council.

That still leaves the BH in how he is ranked in the empire not technically but actually.

The Hunter is a freelancer, and would act with the authority of whoever is his or her employer at any given time, at best. The Hunter holds exactly zero power within the Empire itself, and only nominal power within the Mandalorians (depending on choices made).

No, I think you're the one who has it backwards. He's the Emperor's Wrath. The Empire doesn't have a Wrath. The closest thing the Empire did have to a "Wrath" was probably the Emperor himself.

I am pretty sure he the empires wrath in the expansion. But then again maybe my choices got him the title other may be different.

Oh, they do. That's kind of the Sith way. But at the same time, even if they might chafe under him, they also don't want to die, so they'll probably at least work as uneasy allies for the time being. Of course, some may underestimate the threat and try to seize the opportunity, make no mistake. But that's business as usual for the Dark Council.

The Hunter is a freelancer, and would act with the authority of whoever is his or her employer at any given time, at best. The Hunter holds exactly zero power within the Empire itself, and only nominal power within the Mandalorians (depending on choices made).

at the end of the SOR story Marr tells the wraith that "as far as I am concerned, you are the EMPIRE'S Wraith, and that is indeed the title the SW gets. it suggests that Marr likely has co-opted the Wraith, likely as a symbol of unity etc. I expect to see Marr subtly invest a degree of power across all spheres in the wraith, as something of a check on dark council member ambition. it provides the empire a tool, while co-opting a symbol of imperial power into a symbol of Imperial unity

To a certain extent this is true. However, when on an Imperial contract, the hunter now operates with full Imperial Authority. On my hunter, I even told Marr that I wasn't going exclusive, and he said that my Hunter would retain his autonomy, however when not on an Imperial contract he would be on his own.

To a certain extent this is true. However, when on an Imperial contract, the hunter now operates with full Imperial Authority. On my hunter, I even told Marr that I wasn't going exclusive, and he said that my Hunter would retain his autonomy, however when not on an Imperial contract he would be on his own.

So he is not above the law as his title says? There was no discussion of him having a license to kill?

I am pretty sure he the empires wrath in the expansion. But then again maybe my choices got him the title other may be different.

I heard him say that, too, and I thought after the 'encounter' with the Emperor, this was Marr's way of giving "Lord Wrath" new legitimacy in basically the old job.

at the end of the SOR story Marr tells the wraith that "as far as I am concerned, you are the EMPIRE'S Wraith, and that is indeed the title the SW gets. it suggests that Marr likely has co-opted the Wraith, likely as a symbol of unity etc. I expect to see Marr subtly invest a degree of power across all spheres in the wraith, as something of a check on dark council member ambition. it provides the empire a tool, while co-opting a symbol of imperial power into a symbol of Imperial unity

Ah, fair enough, I haven't finished Yavin with my Juggernaut yet, so I didn't realize this was a new thing. In that case I would indeed revise my analysis somewhat.

So he is not above the law as his title says? There was no discussion of him having a license to kill?

Not in the dialogue choices I picked. I picked the "I'm no Imperial Puppet" choice (the bottom one).

My character commented on how he's not wearing an Imperial insignia, and not going exclusive, and mentioned that he already gets enough crap for all the work he does for the Empire (that last part may have been from another conversation, I can't remember 100%).

Marr replied with something along the lines of "You will keep your autonomy, just know that when you are not working with us, you are on your own," before continuing with his standard "The Empire is whole once again, etc etc"

Once that name enters in to legend you are that name no matter the fact that the designation changed. Like 007 even if that sort of designation changed we all know who he is.

I get that part. Though I would disagree since they don't use the term Cipher anymore, instead referring to the agent as his military rank of Commander, or in the codex entry as just a former member of Imperial Intelligence. They no longer call him Cipher.

My original comment was in regards to the odd mistype in the original post. Who the heck is Chiper nine

I get that part. Though I would disagree since they don't use the term Cipher anymore, instead referring to the agent as his military rank of Commander, or in the codex entry as just a former member of Imperial Intelligence. They no longer call him Cipher.

My original comment was in regards to the odd mistype in the original post. Who the heck is Chiper nine

Part of Darth Lumber's secret chipper droid project, one cog in his complicated plan to seize control of the Empire through manipulating its mulch supply.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Oh well I am very bad at subtelties. It sucks because there are hundreds of commanders and only one Cipher nine so why is he not called like that I can not understand.

Oh well I am very bad at subtelties. It sucks because there are hundreds of commanders and only one Cipher nine so why is he not called like that I can not understand.

Should be obvious really.

Imperial Intelligence was disbanded and as such, you'd be addressing the Imperial Agent by a station that has ZERO meaning or relevance within the Empire.

Hence, the usage of the "Commander" position. It is far more proper, all things considered.

Also, it's "subtleties".

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Should be obvious really.

Imperial Intelligence was disbanded and as such, you'd be addressing the Imperial Agent by a station that has ZERO meaning or relevance within the Empire.

Hence, the usage of the "Commander" position. It is far more proper, all things considered.

Also, it's "subtleties".

That is the issue every other hero has a unique nickname they are addressed, besides the trooper but he is the commander, you can not have 2 commanders, what does the agent not deserve his own nickname to separate him from the other heroes?

I just copy pasted it from google who corrected me when I butchered the word even worse, I just can not write the word correctly out of mind it just does not connect the spoken word with the written word in my mind.

Edited by adormitul

That is the issue every other hero has a unique nickname they are addressed, besides the trooper but he is the commander, you can not have 2 commanders, what does the agent not deserve his own nickname to separate him from the other heroes?

I just copy pasted it from google who corrected me when I butchered the word even worse, I just can not write the word correctly out of mind it just does not connect the spoken word with the written word in my mind.

Well, Agent has his own nickname, Legate, but most people do not use it ;)

Also, Trooper is not addressed as Commander, but Major most of the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.