Easter Egg: The implemented, but unobtainable color crystal

TriVenom

I have noticed something, and this something has been going on for a while. The dread guard dominator, and the cathar mini-boss and yavin both use this color crystal:

Click here to see for yourself

And this bothers me. Because that is NOT your average White-black color crystal that you see in the cartel market. The black is more clear and bold, something like the Red-Black and Purple-blacks that we see today have. The obtainable version of white-black can be seen here:

This is what a normal white-black crystal looks like

So, any theories or ideas on what this could be or mean? Because this has been out for a mighty long time and you would think they could do a classic white-black then a new white-black crystal but we are left with that not-so-black-ish crystal.

Finally, I mentioned that it was implemented in the title- and that is, in fact, true- The blade, animation, etc. have been used for enemies, but not players. All bio really has to do is make the item and make it equippable, and adjust some properties, and such- It would take a bit of work, but the graphic is already existing, so it wouldnt take too much to convert it to a usable player crystal.

you're an impatient one ey? :p no reply in half an hour and concluding no one cares...

I'm sure there's someone else out there that does, personally not so much since I think the crystals with a black outline are a bit too much of a stretch. At least a black core can somehow be explained, but black outlines... not so much...on top of that, as you said, it looks a bit meh...

thers so much more stuff wich NPCs or the Gameworld has wich isnt obtainable for us player.....

and there is much more important stuff to fix....

but yes you're right. items beeing NPC exclusive is so oldschool, re-coloring stuff is even worse.

I have noticed something, and this something has been going on for a while. The dread guard dominator, and the cathar mini-boss and yavin both use this color crystal:

Click here to see for yourself

And this bothers me. Because that is NOT your average White-black color crystal that you see in the cartel market. The black is more clear and bold, something like the Red-Black and Purple-blacks that we see today have. The obtainable version of white-black can be seen here:

This is what a normal white-black crystal looks like

So, any theories or ideas on what this could be or mean? Because this has been out for a mighty long time and you would think they could do a classic white-black then a new white-black crystal but we are left with that not-so-black-ish crystal.

Finally, I mentioned that it was implemented in the title- and that is, in fact, true- The blade, animation, etc. have been used for enemies, but not players. All bio really has to do is make the item and make it equippable, and adjust some properties, and such- It would take a bit of work, but the graphic is already existing, so it wouldnt take too much to convert it to a usable player crystal.

well you are looking at the player one in preview mode and not actually on a player... the crystals always look different when you are actually using them than they do in preview... at least for me that is. so it could be that. i actually have that crystal but not on a jedi so ill have to check and see what it actually looks like in a saber

1) Not everything that every enemy or npc has needs to be obtainable by the players. For example, I despise the fact that they made the Revan Reborn set, Satele's set, and others obtainable. I understand WHY they did, of course, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Some NPC's, especially the iconic ones like Satele, Revan, and Malgus should have unique looks that are not obtainable by the player.

2) There's a good chance this crystal will be implemented sooner or later, probably labelled "Black Outline" or something to that effect, if for no other reason than because with the amount of threads made about this specific color, BioWare Austin has to know that people will pay out the behind for it.

Edited by Andrellma

well you are looking at the player one in preview mode and not actually on a player... the crystals always look different when you are actually using them than they do in preview... at least for me that is. so it could be that. i actually have that crystal but not on a jedi so ill have to check and see what it actually looks like in a saber

sorry i was wrong.. i have the white one not the white black one B^( BUT when looking on Dulfy's site she shows it both ways depending on if you have bloom on or off so it looks like you could have that look.

sorry i was wrong.. i have the white one not the white black one B^( BUT when looking on Dulfy's site she shows it both ways depending on if you have bloom on or off so it looks like you could have that look.

There have been other threads about this that contained in-game screenshots, and the white-black available to players is definitely more gray and fuzzy than the one used on npcs.

There have been other threads about this that contained in-game screenshots, and the white-black available to players is definitely more gray and fuzzy than the one used on npcs.

The color is because of the saber type being used by the npc, not the crystal itself. The npc is using the normal white-black crystal. I have the crystal and there is a very wide range of appearances it gives through different hilts. Hilt types have always had impact on the blade. Everything from blade sharpness, color distinctiveness, blade length, blade width, blade sounds, and blade effects. Viewing a crystal in preview is a far cry from actual look in-game.

The color is because of the saber type being used by the npc, not the crystal itself. The npc is using the normal white-black crystal. I have the crystal and there is a very wide range of appearances it gives through different hilts. Hilt types have always had impact on the blade. Everything from blade sharpness, color distinctiveness, blade length, blade width, blade sounds, and blade effects. Viewing a crystal in preview is a far cry from actual look in-game.

So you are telling me there is actually a lightsaber hilt out there that makes a white-black blade look blacker?

1) Not everything that every enemy or npc has needs to be obtainable by the players. For example, I despise the fact that they made the Revan Reborn set, Satele's set, and others obtainable. I understand WHY they did, of course, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Some NPC's, especially the iconic ones like Satele, Revan, and Malgus should have unique looks that are not obtainable by the player.

I admit I do want Satele's outfit (alright, just the tunic, but I have to have the full set to unlock) in my collections, but I would prefer a dye on it. Same with many of the other NPCs' outfits and pieces.

But NPCs who don't have specific names, like Mandalorian Warrior or something? I would like those NPC outfits available to players for use.

Anyway, on the topic of the crystals: Might be, as said earlier that it could just a difference between Preview and In Game Actuality. Or maybe they're going to stealth change how the crystal looks?

taken from Dulfy's site:

"Bloom and No Bloom

Bloom, a graphic setting, plays a huge difference in how the color crystals look in game. With the bloom setting off (w/o Bloom), these color crystals look much like the preview colors. All of the crystals below are taken with Bloom setting on (w/ Bloom) and off (w/o Bloom) so you can see the difference. "

found here: http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/

and if you take a look at the one you are talking about it looks like the NPC pic you posted.

Only way to settle this is for someone to find out what saber those NPC's are using, get that same saber and equip it with a white/black crystal, THEN go to where those NPC's are, kill them and stand right next to them with their saber drawn and take a screenshot... and even then there might be differences in lighting.

Before actually calling the NPC saber "different", I'd double check with someone using that same color at the same place.

Shaders have been updated since then, and so far some colors of lightsabers seems to render differently from place to place.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.