I'll admit it...

Solzean

I'll admit, I am pretty excited after playing the SoR storyline. The overall length did feel underwhelming but I get the feeling that they hopefully have a pretty solid story telling experience planned for the following patches.

Has Bioware announced anything in terms of a roadmap for 2015? I'm assuming we won't be getting any new patches for at least another month due to the expansion being released along with the holiday season. I'm hoping that they can keep up with their 6-8 weeks cadence of patches, though overall I would like the story content to be a little more involved than the Forged Alliances storylines were.

I also found that the voice acting was pretty great for SoR. The companions really could have talked more (write a few lines for Bowdaar, you already had the other wookiee sound files!) But overall, it was pretty awesome. Having played through some of the parts on multiple characters I was impressed that even though we only have 1 storyline now, they have at least made it so that each characters lines were different to a degree, class specific, and each voice actor did a great job of bringing their own style to the quests. I know that some will say that all of the lines were still only leading to the same point with no actual variety of different actions, which in the future would be nice to see changed, but overall I really enjoyed how the did the single story line.

Class specific quests were pretty great! At least the two Ive done. One seemed to wrap it up saying that the story was over....while the other implied more class specific stuff in the future. This was very confusing to me so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

TL;DR: Overall i was surprised that the story was pretty solid and that the voice actors managed to do a really good job making different classes feel unique to a degree while going through the exact same content. I am curious if they have told us any of their plans on content releases after 3.0 and the amount of story content we will see since the SoR content seemed a little short.

I'm hoping that they can keep up with their 6-8 weeks cadence of patches, though overall I would like the story content to be a little more involved than the Forged Alliances storylines were.

Hmmmmm...

While this does mean we are moving to a 9 week cadence for the major content updates' date=' we feel the benefit of catching pesky bugs and improving quality is worth it and we remain committed to hitting our deadlines for all of our major content updates this year.[/quote']Hard to keep what is no longer a goal for a while now.
Edited by Darth_Wicked

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.