Why do you use....

ferrymiester

Shiv and Veiled Strike both cost 15 energy. Veiled Strike does more damage (and has a cooler animation, hands down). Veiled Strike should replace Shiv on your action bar - developer said so himself in the livestream.

Backstab costs 10 energy.

Veiled strike does significantly more damage. I've gotten a 9.5k veiled strike in pvp before (relic proc probably). They both cost the same energy. Like another poster stated, it also has one of the coolest animations in the game IMO. So yeah, once you get it at level 41 as concealment you should never again use shiv for any reason as concealment.

So it does for sure do more damage? Than that makes sense. The tooltip makes it seem as if their damage is on par.

Then your tooltip is wrong. At level 60 Veiled does some 30+ % more damage than shiv. And they do cost the same.

Veiled strike over shiv at 60? I'm currently leveling my op and was wondering the rationale behind this choice for most every op/scoundrel. I know they share a cd but vs is 15 energy whereas shiv is only 10?

You should be using Veiled Strike over Shiv literally as soon as you get it. Just replace Shiv on your bar with Veiled Strike. Similar to how Lethality replaces Backstab with Lethal Strike.

Does the same thing, but better.

This is a new thing with the Discipline system. The developers haven't figured out how to have a discipline outright replace one ability with another, so their placeholder is the shared cooldown. So anytime you have a discipline given ability that states it shares a cooldown with one of your existing abilities, you are meant to use the discipline power instead, because they are always a better version.

Does the set bonus give the VSubstance crit with Shiv too, or is it just VStrike? 'Cause that'd be a reason. But yeah, Shiv isn't used in Concealment.

It does not, but that set bonus was never very good, anyway. Shiv would only crit for like 4.5k tops in PVP, so not really much of a heavy hit, the backstab set bonus, however...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.