Juggernaut? Not really anything...

Cynfox

So I reach 21 with my juggernaught and I'm not understanding its function. This is supposed to be the tank class of SWTOR?

I have less health then most other classes, and they have worse gear and arent stacking endurance.

I take the same amount of damage as other heavy/medium armor people. Really, there isn't that much of a difference. You could have a medium armor guy tank.

My damage is insanely bad. This class redefines 'meat shield'.

I have zero mobility, zero mitigation and my one saving grace is a damage reduction spell that is inferior to most other class spell damage mitigation's?

I know i'm only 21, but geez. Unless there's some amazing spells/skills in my future (and i don't see any on the talent tree), I see no point in keeping with this class.

To tank well, put stats into the Immortal tree. It has most of the defensive bonuses needed to survive tough battles as well as the Invincible CD. Soresu also increases your armor's quality and increase your threat generation.

Also, know that more health does not equate to better survivability. A Jugg has a shield generator and heavy armor, greatly increasing the damage reduction and chance to even negate damage.

As for DPS, know that the Jugg won't ever be close to other classes when it comes to that. Though, with the right combos and after building up rage, a tank can dish out tons of damage.

More health always equates to more survivability. Health ignores damage type. More health is always a good thing.

Health plus damage reduction from armor is even better.

Health, damage reduction and defense is king.

At 20 with almost full lvl 20 pvp gear on my immortal jugg I have 4200hp. In bolster'd pvp he has 16% defense so roughly 1 in 6 attacks completely miss, 34% shield chance and in the 30's shield absorb for even more damage reduction on top of the base armor.

I've paid attention to the statistical differences from upgrading my green armor from lvl 17 to mostly blue lvl 20 pvp armor and every thing has gone up several %.

Now compare that to the stat gain difference wearing maxed out level 50 gear with expertise and you can start to imagine just how tough an immortal tank will be.

Juggernauts have saber ward which 1v1 or 1v2 means you will take negligible damage from all their missed attacks for it's duration. You also get a 40% damage reduction talent from the tree that can be upgraded to 15 seconds. 40% reduction on top of your hp, armor, shield and defense is crazy good.

Then you have a 30% hp boost ability. As an example say you have 12k hp(way lower than max level 50 gear) with this ability you'll have like 15.5k hp and the boost becomes more significant the more base hp you have.

You can bet their will be +hp or +defense/+armor trinkets as well to consider.

How to make the Juggernaut better

by: Rigofwar aka Vastros aka lover of the tanking class

My assessment of the Jugg class so far is that it isn't complete. The ideas behind the class are great on paper but, when executed for real game scenarios are not enjoyable but, in a way frustrating.

I rolled a Juggernaut to be a tank. In my experience in MMOs when your a tank you can take a large amount of damage without relying on cooldowns until after a certain amount of time when rng just can't account for mitigation or avoidance anymore. As a Juggernaut I do not feel that I am that tank yet. My defensive abilities that are not rage dependant, aka shield generator, has a 20% chance to proc. When I am tanking a pull of 5 or 6 mobs of which some of those are ranged, that proc chance is under toned. The shield should either be increased in its proc rate to say 40% at lvl 50 or 20% with an additional ability such as revenge that instead of increasing your defense by 6% increasing your shield proc change by an additional 30% or more. Let me feel like I am a tank and not so concerned that I can't handle a 5 pull without dieing within two globals when my cooldowns are on cooldown.

What I see now is poor damage and poor survivability unless we have a particular minion out to help us while we quest. If Quinn is out i finally feel like a tank only because I have this occasional 300 heal and a 50 to 80hp heal over time. I can actually survive. When Vette is out I am on my toes trying to survive a four pull. I am sorry but, I shouldn't spend so much time strating who to take down first on trash quest mobs because my tanking spec is reliant on cooldowns to survive when I have my dps companion out. I should have to do that as a dps spec not as a tank. I am a tank, I can handle damage, but right now as a Jugg I feel like I am a squishy class with bulky armor.

A possible change would be to raise the damage coeficents on revenge and to add a bleed effect to smash. Revenge should also always be available rage free whenever your shield procs. If your a tank you should be able to do more damage if your being attacked. The more your being attacked the more revenge will proc. Remove the rage cost of revenge and lower the cooldown to a full global. The smash bleed effect would be a talent adding a Sonic Bleed effect, "your force smash causes all targets affected to bleed for x damage for 6 seconds due to mind trauma from the blast effect". Now we have increased aoe damage that isn't bursty and increased single target damage based on how often we are being attacked. I have so many other ideas to balance the Jugg class into a dream class that isn't overpowered but, actually feels like a true tank.

wall of bold text crits you for -500 gives-a-damn

if walls of text block ya mind why the hell ya trollin here ?

i keep gettin bored of this kind of stupid comments .. :eek::eek:

On topic: i am sure that would be a hell of a change for us Juggs :D:D

Edited by darkbeeboo

wall of bold text crits you for -500 gives-a-damn

I remember the days when a wall of text referred to an unformatted... wall of text. When did it turn into anything more than three sentences is a wall of text? If you can't be bothered to read it, then don't bother posting about it.

Granted, the bolding wasn't needed, but oh well.