Assault on Tython HM killing PVE groupfinder.

TicTicTic

Bioware please make dailies enabled with Assault on Tython switched off. Make the rewards for it higher so people who like a challenge can still select it but too many heals drop as soon as they come in as it is a nightmare for them.

You are killing your sub numbers by leaving it as is. I have finished the flashpoint 4 times but so many people drop on it that I m starting to consider dropping pve content and just playing PvP as I see this flashpoint killing groupfinder unless something is done.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my healer Ive found 2nd Korriban boss extermination mode to be much harder than AoT first boss.

Its a simple mechanic of dropping the shields and killing adds, while 2nd Korriban boss is a huge heal check during extermination mode.

Edited by NecroMayre

IMO groupfinder will never create a situation where the lack of proper promotion of end game content will result in appreciable subscription loss.

Just my view, but I believe that end game participation is by a minority of the playerbase, and that minority will continue to shrink unless something is done to introduce more casuals into group play properly.

I do not mean to contend that it is not important to fix it, nor avoid providing difficult content to the playerbase. Only that indicating it is causing any appreciable subscription loss is absurd IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

I.........Just my view, but I believe that end game participation is by a minority of the playerbase, and that minority will continue to shrink unless something is done to introduce more casuals into group play properly.........

BINGO!....and there are very good reasons why casuals who venture into group play go BACK to being casuals ;)

Like I have said in post I have killed the boss 4 times it can be done. My problem is that qing you get a pop and people drop and a lot of heals struggle to dodge the aoe and heal, they get hit while cast healing.

So q times blow out and now why do I want to q for an 1 hour for a person to drop as soon as you tele in and wait another hour?

And about no 1 dropping because of end game well a week ago I was going to keep sub when it ran out in a month but I will let it go.

I have preordered Pillars of Eternity and was going to keep sub while playing it but now looks like I m taking a long break from Swtor.

I think that offering solo and tactical modes is one way to gently usher casuals into end game content.

yes it did!!...... and it was WONDERFUL to finally experience all of the stories :):):)

It sucks to only be able to experience FP up to (but not including) Collicoid Wargames solo.

There are very good reasons why this pop is disappearing ,at least from my perspective, but that would be an entirely different thread.

Groupfinder for me is important, I don't like joining guilds because of the fights that happen within them were people bag out others in guild and they have power plays.

I was a founder and I left because my server was merged and was sick of putting together a group on fleet for a flashpoint to have someone drop because of real life situations.

I came back 6 months ago and loved the changes and was ready for a long stay. But like I said I think even if they fix this I m out. Its been to long after launch and I m burnt out.

I m maxed geared pvp wise which I play the most but the pve keeps me subbed while I raid rarely. Usually I like to gear up as much as possible before raiding. So I posted this because I think people like me will also leave.

I ll come back in a year and hope things have been fixed.

On my healer Ive found 2nd Korriban boss extermination mode to be much harder than AoT first boss.

Its a simple mechanic of dropping the shields and killing adds, while 2nd Korriban boss is a huge heal check during extermination mode.

This is not a heal check but a DPS check. Extermination Mode is nothing but its enrage and if the DPS don't suck you can avoid it completely, though the best thing that you can do as a healer is standing close to the boss so that the adds converge on you —since the healer usually gets agro— this way the tank can easily AOE taunt and the DPS can AOE the adds with the boss at the same time.

Edited by demotivator

I think that offering solo and tactical modes is one way to gently usher casuals into end game content.

And yet the fact that there isn't a difficulty between solo/tactical and hard mode is not doing any favors to build up those players' group mindset. There's a huge jump in difficulty between "tactical" (in which you can just steamroll everything and tactics really don't matter) and hard mode (which is causing groups to disband because they keep bashing their heads against a brick wall on some bosses, and heaven forbid someone have to pay a repair bill).

I like the addition of tactical flashpoints. I don't like them as a replacement for normal flashpoints that need a group. There has to be some way to find the middle ground here.

Granted, lag may be a factor in the current difficulty of the hard modes.

Edited by JacenHallis

Groupfinder for me is important, I don't like joining guilds because of the fights that happen within them were people bag out others in guild and they have power plays.

I was a founder and I left because my server was merged and was sick of putting together a group on fleet for a flashpoint to have someone drop because of real life situations.

I came back 6 months ago and loved the changes and was ready for a long stay. But like I said I think even if they fix this I m out. Its been to long after launch and I m burnt out.

I m maxed geared pvp wise which I play the most but the pve keeps me subbed while I raid rarely. Usually I like to gear up as much as possible before raiding. So I posted this because I think people like me will also leave.

I ll come back in a year and hope things have been fixed.

Join a decent and established guild and usually drama won't happen. If you subscribe for the PvE content but then don't do the main PvE content (raids) what do you expect to do?

I tried some of the HM flashpoints out today for the first time and I'm a healer. I found them pretty easy overall but the rewards aren't good enough for me to queue for them every day. Raiding is more fun and more rewarding so i'll just do that instead.

Edited by MorgenBlue

This is not a heal check but a DPS check. Extermination Mode is nothing but its enrage and if the DPS don't suck you can avoid it completely, though the best thing that you can do as a healer is standing close to the boss so that the adds converge on you —since the healer usually gets agro— this way the tank can easily AOE taunt and the DPS can AOE the adds with the boss at the same time.

I thought so at first, but after having done Korriban a couple times the boss always enters extermination mode at around 25% hp, but it is true that it is a dps check as well since the faster it dies the less damage the group takes.

It seems to be a soft enrage according to guides I keep reading, isn't easy to beat either especially for pugs.

Edited by NecroMayre

tython hm is...easy.

when u q for gf there has always been a risk of getting stuck with terrible players.

if you don't want this to happen... make friends... join a guild.

I haven't made this post to call for a nerf, I have finished the flashpoint. My post is about the flashpoint making people drop so wasting peoples time qing for HM flashpoints.

The option I have asked for doesn't affect people in guilds or those who pregroup. I m just asking for this change so the 1 bugged HM flashpoint that they haven't fixed can be left out and people still get their dailies done and groupfinder doesn't become a tool that the community never uses.

People who have beaten that flashpoint can still select it and get extra comms for it. But people who hate it can avoid it and stop dropping and stop making people q for another hour just to finish daily.

By your post this doesn't bother you which is fine but to me it is enough to make me leave the game.

Edited by TicTicTic

what about it is bugged?

taking a FP out of rotation because some group of terribles can't do it is far worse for the game. this reminds me of the people whining about the archon fight. its easy...people need to get better.

I thought so at first, but after having done Korriban a couple times the boss always enters extermination mode at around 25% hp, but it is true that it is a dps check as well since the faster it dies the less damage the group takes.

It seems to be a soft enrage according to guides I keep reading, isn't easy to beat either especially for pugs.

I assure u I can DPS it down before the soft enrage. Edited by Pagy

the rewards aren't good enough for me to queue for them.

This, full stop.

I'm not bothering with HM flashpoints because the commendation rewards are so lacklustre, and the gear I can gain with those commendations has terrible stat balance. Zero point grinding for commendations, and I can earn more credits elsewhere.

:rolleyes:

Thats really it IMO. The rewards for group content are pretty dismal IMO. There is no incentive to greed, since the gear that drops is not necessary for casual play, not by a long shot.

So what would be the incentive for a casual to put up with group play, and the inevitable deaths that follow? Enough deaths and perhaps the coin will not even cover the repair costs....

...IMO it's a no brainer. The reward simply does not equal the effort for a casual player.

But that does not mean group play does not have it's merits....but those merits are lost on casual players unless they get to experience the group dynamic.

This is why the path to more group pops is to offer solo and tactical versions of all flashpoints. Once a casual player gets into the habit of using tactics when playing (solo), then group tactics (tactical) they would be much more likely to find appeal in SM.

Of course, it would help if all those players that decide to treat SM like HM would hit themselves in the head and pass out before they join the que....as those players tend to push away casuals from the content.

If casuals get good enough in SM, they may even move on HM or even Ops. The only way to solve the problems with the lack of players for group content is to stop being cookie monsters when you play.

Change how you treat people and you will likely find more folks will que.

what about it is bugged?

taking a FP out of rotation because some group of terribles can't do it is far worse for the game. this reminds me of the people whining about the archon fight. its easy...people need to get better.

The top right add and sometimes more don't lose their shields on aoe hit. People have posted that this doesn't happen on imp side its a pub side bug. Also the fight lags causing people to get hit while on their screen they are out of it.

And did you miss the bit about if people do it they get more comms? That's not taking it out of rotation, its giving the healers who drop ( not me I m dps.) the option of passing on it while rewarding the players who leave it in. Make it give top comms for finishing.

This is the only flashpoint that people drop before even starting. The people saying nothing to see here, no problem are prob in progression raiding guilds that have moved past the need for HM flashpoints because of the bad rewards.

I agree with the people saying that bioware made a mistake with the rewards.

tython hm is...easy.

when u q for gf there has always been a risk of getting stuck with terrible players.

if you don't want this to happen... make friends... join a guild.

Do some research before making blanket assumptions about people being bad. On republic side the first boss is bugged, the adds on the right side do not drop their shields. The only way to do this is to run around the outer edge and wait for the bosses shield to time out, which drops the non-timered ones on the adds. With all the random crap lying on the ground and the current lag-infested state of the game it's entirely possible to get stuck on terrain while doing this and get nailed by an orbital etc. Most sane people will drop rather than gamma-test content they paid for......

I don't even bother with HM FP's anymore...I mean seriously, they are rehashed FP's and the loot is terribad. There simply is no incentive for me to even bother with them to begin with.

16 man ops doesn't work right either. The GF is bugged as it is (it doesn't match the right people when looking for replacements) and the ops are actually tougher on 16 man because of the small boss rooms specifically and well some bosses are buggy.

All in all the GF is completely screwed atm.

My suggestions: Fix the bugged bosses, make loot from FP's useful and add 8 man groups for ops in the GF, at least for the new ops. Oh and fix the lag, definitely fix the lag.

But as far as the HM FP's are concerned...why even do them at the moment?

Do some research before making blanket assumptions about people being bad. On republic side the first boss is bugged, the adds on the right side do not drop their shields. The only way to do this is to run around the outer edge and wait for the bosses shield to time out, which drops the non-timered ones on the adds. With all the random crap lying on the ground and the current lag-infested state of the game it's entirely possible to get stuck on terrain while doing this and get nailed by an orbital etc. Most sane people will drop rather than gamma-test content they paid for......

Gamma test lol not sure how anyone missed that joke.

tython hm is...easy.

Everything is easy when you're bragging anonymously on the internet.

:rolleyes:

Gamma test lol not sure how anyone missed that joke.

So the joke is the content is further along than beta but not quite release quality?

Noel Coward has nothing to worry about.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I haven't made this post to call for a nerf, I have finished the flashpoint. My post is about the flashpoint making people drop so wasting peoples time qing for HM flashpoints.

The option I have asked for doesn't affect people in guilds or those who pregroup. I m just asking for this change so the 1 bugged HM flashpoint that they haven't fixed can be left out and people still get their dailies done and groupfinder doesn't become a tool that the community never uses.

People who have beaten that flashpoint can still select it and get extra comms for it. But people who hate it can avoid it and stop dropping and stop making people q for another hour just to finish daily.

By your post this doesn't bother you which is fine but to me it is enough to make me leave the game.

Your idea isn't viable. You might recall that Lost Island used to be a second tier of hard mode, and when ROTHC came out they nerfed it and mashed it into the rest, saying it wasn't possible for them to support that many tiers of content via Group Finder do to design limitations that Group Finder was built with. If they do anything it is likely to be a difficulty adjustment on that boss.

Breaking people down into more and more groups also makes for longer queues, this is why they don't let you deselect any FP, and they no longer let you chose what Operation to run within Group Finder. It's not very likely that they will be changing any of these proven design philosophies due to your post.

Since you said this will make you quit the game, let me wish you the best of luck on your next MMO that makes you run content you don't like to get the rewards you want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.