Equiping Ship Droids as healers...

Rschwartz

I wouldn't suggest using a ship droid for anything but crafting and as a "greeter". Maybe you "can" use one as a healer, but other companions would be much better. (Since you can't equip one with a weapon, they'll automatically have lower stats overall, regardless of whether or not they "use" a weapon) Edited by JediQuaker

I've read a few reports of people who really tried to outfit the droid. It seems to have worked for them.

The main problem appears to me as if everybody thinks that the ship droid is more or less wortless, so no-one actively tries to outfit the droid and test how the droid really works.

The droid needs everything with "aim" as the main stat. He can't use any kind of weapon, but an generator in the second slot.

Droid parts are rare, but appear sometimes as quest rewards. You can also buy "shells" ( items with an red-orange border ) from Vendors - often Commendation Vendors as well ( you just need to check the different kinds of vendors there are ) and put Modifications into them, appropriate to the level.

Personally, I'd outfit other healer companions first as well ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Droids use droid parts, and the ship's droid uses aim as their prime stat.

So first you need to find droid parts. If you want moddable droid parts (same as moddable gear for your character) then you can get those, too. Cybertechs can make moddable droid parts that are green-bordered, but otherwise you will be looking for orange or purple parts.

I believe that droid armor is a searchable category on the GTN. Start there unless you are a cybertech. If you are a cybertech, just work on the skill and train up the moddable droid parts if nothing else.

All healing companions have their heals on cooldowns. When all the heals are on cooldown, these companions use basic weapon attacks or other attacks enabled from their abilities. Since the ship droid doesn't have a mainhand weapon and no other attack moves, he will run up to a selected target and slap them. This of course does little damage, but it also makes him the only companion to run into harms way on purpose.

You "can" make the droid a healer, but any of the other companions will do a better job.

he has a mean jab!

People always say they want the game to be tougher yet they forget to use what they have to create the challenge they seek.

Roll with your Ship droid! HE now gets a 192 rating off hand :D

If you unlock HK , you get a free set of moddable parts. I think the ship droid can use those ( I didn't check) and they are level 50.

I'm reminded of the first April Fools Day after the game went live and they did a practical joke movie that a new ship droid mini-game was coming. You could clean the ship, wash windows, and stuff, I will have to try and find it again...

Here it is, enjoy! http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120401

Edited by AttonStarkiller
Found link

Yesterday I bought 2 moddable droid "shells" ( = moddable armor) from Coruscant sellers; both are located at the often overlooked "Old Galactic Market". I believe people don't even know anymore that one can buy stuff there ! And that there is a bank, too !

Now, I'm buying more of these shells nd then I'll bgin outfitting the droid ... with my Sage being halfway to level 55 where he'll get new Commendations from the "Prequel" of the Shadow Of Revan story line ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.