why do we go left in hypergate

nitroyoshi

i know in rated it was like 2 battles on each side

but in regular pug its 1 person goes nodeguard maybe 1 stealth goes to theirs and the rest is a giant cluster**** at mid

the distance is equal on both sides so why left?

It just kinda happened. When the map first came out people went everywhere, but people just started naturally floating to the left side probably due to how CW and NC are setup so it was probably just more natural to do that.

tbh i kinda think that ruined hypergate

i dont think the devs had in mind a giant teamfight

and i also dont think for rated the devs wanted us to ignore the orbs (even though there is no 8v8 rated) but thats their fault

ah is definitely my least favorite warzone

i know in rated it was like 2 battles on each side

but in regular pug its 1 person goes nodeguard maybe 1 stealth goes to theirs and the rest is a giant cluster**** at mid

the distance is equal on both sides so why left?

Its because of the Alderaan Civil War map in which left is your native node. It became the

standard for both factions to just head left in all warzones (except for maybe voidstar and

huttball of course).

Because we got used to going left to go to our "home"node In ACW

This.

Left node is a shorter distance on civil war. No real reason for it in hypergate, but it is where the trend comes from. Start telling your team to go right and have some fun.

Also, 5-3 splits work wonders at the start of any round ;)

But I was in a creative take on the AHG where the team split down the middle and took the two nodes. And tried to hold 'em. It was a disaster. But creative.
In the legendary days of 8v8 ranked, Hypergate matches would stalemate forever because both teams would split and neither could ever cap. Not always, but way too often.

The one imps usually go to is the more valuable one to hold, though, because of bad map design. You can jump up on a ledge by the wall, height difference, so basically you can just run straight forward from mid with orbs. So much harder to accomplish on the other side with the rocky wall. Edited by AdamLKvist

we go to mid cuz in like every mmo everyone goes mid in pug
Not exactly.

Orbs and kills increase the amount of points you get per node cap, with one orb worth two kills (one of the kills immediately adding to current energy pool). You need to go to the place where the orbs are, if there are no easily farmed players around. But the orbs are in the middle, so you want to control middle to be ready for when the orbs spawn.

Obviously, it's assumed you were able to cap here.

Its because of the Alderaan Civil War map in which left is your native node. It became the

standard for both factions to just head left in all warzones (except for maybe voidstar and

huttball of course).

This, It is habit

When you go left (Right for the Pubs),

Wondering how this guy had only 1 subscriber.......

Edited by Kooziejr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.