Cancel my subscription. What will happen to my unlocks?

bgstranger

Heya all.

I'm gonna cancel my sub for couple of months due to some money issues and my q is - will i lose all my unlocks like cooldown on Emergency Fleet Pass, and Quick travel, inventory and etc.

And, now i have 13 toons and i know that they will reduce to 6, but i have millions of credits on them and the cap will be 350. What you suggest for me to keep them and use them while I'm preferred? Can i send them on my mailbox? Cuz i don't want to buy unlocks since i'll sub again at some point.

Also, i have schematics for a lot of 186 stuff on my crew skills. I'm gonna keep them, right?

Sorry for the dump question, but I'm so used to be sub and now i don't know where i going as preferred :confused:

Unlocks you have paid CC for will remain, and any cartel unlocks bought via GTN will remain.

however if you are a crafter I would try really hard to find that 50c a day to keep subbed. the 350-credit cap will kill your crafting if you need to buy mats in bulk.

if you have the credits or CC you need to get the artifact unlock and a few others or you max-geared toons will be severely gimped.

someone on the forum has a list of things you need to go preferred in style... I could not find it with a cursory look ...

OP, as someone who was preferred status for half of 2014, here are the limitations:

1- Credits are capped at 350K. This is the single biggest issue you will run into. If you run ops or PvP I suggest you stack on the unlocks for whichever you play. I also used them to store credits. Whenever I am close to 350K I went and bought a WZ unlock. Not necessarily cuz I will use it. It is the equivalent of buying US treasury bills. You can store them and liquidate them for around the same value at any time, this way you avoid credits going to the useless escrow and at the same time you can sell them on GTN if you are low on cash and do not need the unlock. You can use this with any items that sell on GTN, but in my experience, WZ and ops unlocks retain value between 250K and 300K no matter how everything else on GTN is going and can be used for access if you need to.

2- Consider buying cosmetic unlocks you need before you become F2P. I can't remember what is a sub perk and what is preferred sub perk. Check SWTOR website. It has it somewhere easy to find.

3- What you defiantly need to buy if you will continue to playing as F2P is the artifact equipment authorization. It sells for 1,200 CC or 2 million credits (the credits tend to vary).

4- You will be capped at 6 toons by default. Depending on how many additional slots you purchased for additional toons, (I assume you did 1 because you have 13 toons) it will go to 6 + the number of unlocks. Determine how many toons you need and go from there. Again buy them now for credits if you have the credits. They sell around $600K.

5- Fleet transport can be dropped for a minimum of 3 hours as F2P (assuming you bought all the legacy unlocks). Subs have no limitation if all legacy unlocks are purchased. Planetary travel is 30 minutes for F2P (10 for subs). I do not think that can be changed. Generally, anything you bought for character and/or legacy unlock, wither its using CC or credits will stay as F2P. If it is a sub perk, you won't have it.

6- If you planning to keep playing as F2P and have the credits, aug your toons now, if you have not done so already. It is too expensive to do as F2P. The aug prices will go down, but between the kit, installation and purp augs, it will never go below 200K credits per piece. If you have leveling toons consider investing the credits in the augs now even if you cant install and use them.

That is the most important stuff I remember. Hopefully this is helpful. I will probably follow suit in a month :(

Edited by Ottoattack

however if you are a crafter I would try really hard to find that 50c a day to keep subbed. the 350-credit cap will kill your crafting if you need to buy mats in bulk.

A non-subscriber can send only 3 companions on 1 crafting job each, so there isn't really a need to buy mats in bulk.

A few more things that bothers me:

1. I will have 2 crew skills slot as a preferred and i have to buy the third. What will happen to my existing one? Stay grey until the unlock, or i'll loose the level and start from 1?

2. All my toons inventory is maxed and i bought all slots with credits, not with cartel unlock. Are they gonna stay and if they doesn't what will happen with my stuff?

3. If all my toons are level 60 and i have no plans to level another, shall i still need artifact equipment authorization or it's needed only for -51 level?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.