UI Mod / Addon Support

Aaryn

The swtor interface looks... like star wars. All fine but i think, Bioware should now add the pre release announced addon support or at least the option, to hide the whole blue/yellow default interface arts to replace them with simple windows, less memory faster loading.

I think, the current engine does no preload the whole interface arts so the game freezes for a short duration the whole time, kind of on demand loading.

Everytime i open Interface sections like my legacy or stronghold overview i get minifreezes. Not even a second but mostly iam auto run and looking while running or drivin'

What ever, the whole engine if swtor sucks but i think, the option to become simple ui arts like the good old Star Wars: Galaxies would be awesome.

mostly every part of the swtor interface is a graphic/texture file.

Streamlined UI with less impact on systems I'm for, alternative interface for those that dislike the current sure. However I never want to see addons/macros in this game like WoW. It leads to things that are borderline or over the border cheating under the protection of "anyone could download it" addons. For example addons that read out the opponent's GCDs and unique CDs, etc etc. Another example would be a macro that casts partial or full rotations for a player or a hybrid of addon/macro that reacts to a condition in game for the player. Things like this no player should have access to.

I can see it now.........use this addon or get kicked from raids......no thanks.....the UI as it is, is good enough for me.

You first think about dps meter and boss mods right?

Iam more interested about addons, that increases the quality of the gameplay. I would create some addons, rework the debuff and buff bar, let me show a small window/bar with seperate user defined procs that are important by my class.

Rework the blue unit frames to less blue looking one

Overall reduce the unecessary graphics used by the whole swtor game interface to reduce the used memory of the game and also reduce interface lags/freezes

There are much more other option than boss mods or dps meters 8)

• 3 months later...

I'm just always a little surprised that with the blue-v-red color scheme differences in a lot of Republic and Imperial graphics in the game, the whole UI doesn't come up as red when you're on an Imperial and just be blue for Republic.

Kinda silly, but I think it'd set the mood ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.