Why do I have stealth as a shadow/sin if I don't have backstab for 16 levels?

calypsissmexy

Yes, I can skip mobs. And at some point I get a passive that boosts force regen after stealth, but tactically it's pretty damn sparse as to why I have stealth as a sin/shadow from levels 10-26.

Am I missing something (real question, not rhetorical)?

edit: dear god do not post just to tell me the name of the backstab skill...it's a backstab, that's what it does. maul or shadow strike or whatever it's called

Edited by calypsissmexy

Yes, I can skip mobs. And at some point I get a passive that boosts force regen after stealth, but tactically it's pretty damn sparse as to why I have stealth as a sin/shadow from levels 10-26.

Am I missing something (real question, not rhetorical)?

edit: dear god do not post just to tell me the name of the backstab skill...it's a backstab, that's what it does. maul or shadow strike or whatever it's called

Am confused.

Looking at an infiltration discipline calculator, you get clairvoyant strike at 26. Don't you get shadow strike at level 10? Or did they change that? And you get Shadow's Respite at 20 and Masked Assault at 24.

Also, Mind Maze.

So I'm not entirely sure what you're concerned about. It lets you start the fight on your terms. At any level.

Am confused.

Looking at an infiltration discipline calculator, you get clairvoyant strike at 26. Don't you get shadow strike at level 10? Or did they change that? And you get Shadow's Respite at 20 and Masked Assault at 24.

Also, Mind Maze.

So I'm not entirely sure what you're concerned about. It lets you start the fight on your terms. At any level.

I haven't seen shadow strike yet. It's either gone or flung into the future.

And the idea that stealth gives you an inherent advantage in an mmo style of combat seems incorrect. I can "fight on my own terms" with any class as long as I avoid aggro range til I'm ready.

My issue is there's no skill that benefits from stealth, so I generally don't use it. I just send my tank in the start attacking.

Edited by calypsissmexy

helpful :rolleyes:

No one is forcing you to use stealth. In fact no one is forcing you to use any abilities you get, if you don't want to use stealth before you get Maul then don't use it.

Further more I take it you don't even know what maul is. You don't need stealth for maul ("backstab" * ). It's only requirement is that you're behind an opponent not "only usable from stealth".

*Perhaps your attitude towards proper names caused you some major confusion? Backstab, the ability in game that you seem to think are all the same, does have a "from stealth" component. That must be what you're thinking of?

Edited by Ridickilis

Well the first two planets on either faction are beyond "easy mode". You can literally level to 20 easily without ever touching gear once, just equipping what's given to you, which is very little. You don't really need stealth or any relative skill with it till much later. In other words we are making a death star out of a mouse droid

My issue is there's no skill that benefits from stealth, so I generally don't use it. I just send my tank in the start attacking.

Only offensive ability I can think of is Spike/Spinning Kick. Maul/Shadow Strike doesn't require stealth. You just have to be behind the enemy unless you're tank.

Mind Trap/Mind Maze isn't worth using? Maybe you don't know how to play Assassin/Shadow?

Edited by Halinalle

Stabbing people with a lightsaber from stealh is *********** fun.... double striking them is inane. That's my problem. The sin/shadow class lost a key flavor by just giving you stealth. Apparently there was a coin toss whether agents or sins would get backstab at 10 and we lost.

And the idea that stealth gives you an inherent advantage in an mmo style of combat seems incorrect. I can "fight on my own terms" with any class as long as I avoid aggro range til I'm ready.

Go into your abilities page.....Shadow strike is given at level 10. That is your "backstab" for shadows.

Only offensive ability I can think of is Spike/Spinning Kick. Maul/Shadow Strike doesn't require stealth. You just have to be behind the enemy unless you're tank.

Mind Trap/Mind Maze isn't worth using? Maybe you don't know how to play Assassin/Shadow?

Mind trap/mind maze is not a level 10 ability. It's not a AC introduction ability. There is no AC introduction ability except helicopter spin which has zip to do with being in stealth and every saber based class seems to get a AOE saber attack early now, so not even "iconic" for sins/shadows.

Have you even leveled a sin/shadow in this brave new world of 3.0?

For people leveling sins/shadows it's a totally changed landscape, that is just kinda flavorless and disjointed because they took away things but left other things and none of it cohesively gels together. You just have random abilities and end up helicoptering your way through fights instead of being a decisive weapon like old school sins were. Now for 16 levels you're a proc slave with some egg breaker ability that doesn't speak to sin/shadow-ness at all.

Iconic class abilities...hah.

I've even started leveling a sorc and she is insanely sorcerific. She can call the fire down from level 12 and on and it just doesn't stop. She's mad sorceryee.

My sin on the other hand looks like an egg breaking tornado, it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

(fyi: I am using a rhetorical technique called hyperbole)

p.s. I'm off to bed so feel free to ignore or punching bag me for the next 8 hours. Lol, yer so dumb. Do you even?

Edited by calypsissmexy

I play rogue in every game, and stealth is the reason. Stupid positional moves that I have to worry about in order to do my damage are obnoxious but part of the deal.

So I think of it as over a dozen glorious levels without the burden of being balanced around sneaking to someone's butt and attacking.

Ambush simply is super annoyface. You roll a stealther to stealth.

As someone has mentioned, only spike and mind maze are tied to stealth, backstab is quite irrelevant.

Also, only 1 of the 3 specs actually backstab, shadow/sin tank just 'backstab' you from the front lol.

The name of shadow/assassin gave you a false impression of what the class actually is I'm afraid.

I'm really confused. Maul/Shadow Strike while having a positional requirement do not require stealth and never have. What's the problem?

EDIT: As the poster above notes, there are only two powers that require stealth and neither are core attacks.

Edited by Master-Nala

I play rogue in every game, and stealth is the reason. Stupid positional moves that I have to worry about in order to do my damage are obnoxious but part of the deal.

So I think of it as over a dozen glorious levels without the burden of being balanced around sneaking to someone's butt and attacking.

Ambush simply is super annoyface. You roll a stealther to stealth.

Out of curiosity, do you consider the sin or op to be more rogue-like? Obviously they both play like one, but I would think the tech-and-knife would be more roguish than the swordmage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.