Is there an unwritten rule in SoR missions?

wilsonstone

It may be different on other servers, but I've noticed that in the SoR mission areas (Rishi/Yavin 4) opposing faction players don't attack each other, at least not as much as I expected.

I've been attacked, but only twice which isn't a lot considering how many times I've come across enemies. More often than not I've found myself facing two or more enemy players and being completely ignored. They set about their mission and left me to do mine in peace. I'm just wondering if its an unwritten rule or more likely they just don't want to be bothered with having to look over their shoulders every five seconds. (because you really never know who else may be in the area. Both times I was jumped other players dogpiled in and killed the attacker....which I chuckled at even though I got killed).

Just curious. (I'll still always be wary in those areas. I don't count on NOT being attacked, even though I won't go out of my way to jump someone.)

Are you on a PvE or PvP server?

Were those enemies you were facing flagged or not? Many unflagged players on PvE servers have no interest whatsoever in PvP. And flagged players in dailies areas often are flagged because they queue for their pvp dailies while doing the pve dailies. OW-PVP doesn't help them get either done.

If you aren't flagged - that's a big reason why. And as was just said - there is no benefit to it on Yavin - at this point.

Now, once people start maxxing out rep there - you might see a change - but I doubt it. Especially on a PVE server - and frankly even on Oricon and CZ-198 I can only remember a handful of times people have tried a go at me. Most that will casually attack you don't like to do it without 4 or 5 support people (See Tattooine)

Are you on a PvE or PvP server?

Were those enemies you were facing flagged or not? Many unflagged players on PvE servers have no interest whatsoever in PvP. And flagged players in dailies areas often are flagged because they queue for their pvp dailies while doing the pve dailies. OW-PVP doesn't help them get either done.

on Po5 it's the same, people seem more intent on doing the content than actually engaging in any pvp, ofc there are a few exceptions always, but for most part It's true what OP says on all 3 servers I regular on. It was like this in the"early access phase" And I assumed it would change once it went live, was surprised to see it didn't. We created an unspoken rule without creating one, whoda thunk? It's just probably all how it seems to us tho, relative to where we are, some poor guy in another timezone could have a whole different experience and I would never know

It's because there's no incentive. In fact, there's an incentive to not pvp because you'll get your commendations faster if you avoid unprovoked entanglements. Plus, rp minded people should be more passive because it's supposed to be a joint coalition.

If you aren't flagged - that's a big reason why. And as was just said - there is no benefit to it on Yavin - at this point.

Now, once people start maxxing out rep there - you might see a change - but I doubt it. Especially on a PVE server - and frankly even on Oricon and CZ-198 I can only remember a handful of times people have tried a go at me. Most that will casually attack you don't like to do it without 4 or 5 support people (See Tattooine)

I should have mentioned that, sorry...yes, I'm on a PVP server.

on Po5 it's the same, people seem more intent on doing the content than actually engaging in any pvp, ofc there are a few exceptions always, but for most part It's true what OP says on all 3 servers I regular on. It was like this in the"early access phase" And I assumed it would change once it went live, was surprised to see it didn't. We created an unspoken rule without creating one, whoda thunk? It's just probably all how it seems to us tho, relative to where we are, some poor guy in another timezone could have a whole different experience and I would never know

Timezones may have to do with it. I developed a habit of going to the joint faction mission zones on Tattooine either very late at night or very early in the morning to avoid being surprised by enemies. (I hate being jumped while fighting sand people...:) ). But my first time on Rishi I had several opposing faction players just pass me by even when I was at an obvious disadvantage, I even had one guy get caught in my AoE and he just rose away when he realized I wasn't attacking him. That's not saying some people won't attack. As I said in my OP one dude did jump me right after I finished a fight (and was down on health....grrr.) I was a bit irked only because I had passed him earlier and had an easy kill if I had chosen to attack him, but I didn't. Still he didn't walk away easy since another player immediately jumped on him, killed his companion and then murdered him as he tried to run away.

It's because there's no incentive. In fact, there's an incentive to not pvp because you'll get your commendations faster if you avoid unprovoked entanglements. Plus, rp minded people should be more passive because it's supposed to be a joint coalition.

That makes sense, but then you could RP the fact that you expect the other side to backstab you so why not backstab them first. Personally I don't RP the joint coalition thing, I just would rather not kill an enemy player in those locales knowing I'd have to spend the rest of the time worrying that he/she will probably come back for revenge....and probably with friends. Besides, how long do you think it would take a player to say in chat "This guy just ganked me! If you see him get him!" ? I'd imagine the entire area would turn into a war zone. (that would be interesting though)

Exactly!!! Good reply Dan!

Not only is there very little pvp - you'll see a lot of cooperative work, other players of other factions jumping in to help take down strong opponents. There may be some self-interest in it (soon the NPC dies, sooner it respawns) but I like to think we are all players and recognize that. That said, I have accidentally targetted an assisting friendly after the battle, and cheerfully accept being pounded into the ground after the NPC is dead. (Though again,the pounding happened after the NPC died and I got credited.)

I will sometimes consider faction in my thanks - "Thanks for the help, you spawn of evil". Usually gets a chuckle from the recipient.

It may be different on other servers, but I've noticed that in the SoR mission areas (Rishi/Yavin 4) opposing faction players don't attack each other, at least not as much as I expected.

The other day I saw a yellow and green player just standing next to each other waiting for one of the 4 "mini-bosses" to spawn in the temple approach ( I think it's called) area on Yavin.

I thought it was kinda odd.

Not only is there very little pvp - you'll see a lot of cooperative work, other players of other factions jumping in to help take down strong opponents. There may be some self-interest in it (soon the NPC dies, sooner it respawns) but I like to think we are all players and recognize that. That said, I have accidentally targetted an assisting friendly after the battle, and cheerfully accept being pounded into the ground after the NPC is dead. (Though again,the pounding happened after the NPC died and I got credited.)

I will sometimes consider faction in my thanks - "Thanks for the help, you spawn of evil". Usually gets a chuckle from the recipient.

Huh? Can pubs/imps communicate in those areas? I didn't know cross faction chat was allowed.

So your flagged character is level 40-something on Belsavis and you see a flagged player character from the other faction, level 60.

In that case, I guess "red is dead" refers to your character.

Comes with the territory (not like there's any 60's on that planet anyways). Don't like it? roll on a pve server.

what rule? on the Bastion on almost all cases I have been hunting down Pubs when I can, especially when questing. Why? Cause I am on my Sith! I am supposed to do that! ( I got an RP explanation too thats longer but thats the gist of it)

If I am on my Republic characters I am generally more merciful

Edited by Sangrar

etc.

So for fun bring a stealth char to the Yavin temple and start killing everyone. Also find red guildies grouped and kill them, or pick individuals off. Repeat as necessary.

It doesn't always work but sometimes you can get the daily runners and farmers to stop being boring and go ape **** on each other.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I should have mentioned that, sorry...yes, I'm on a PVP server.
Then you found some of the few people that actually care about PvP. Then too it seems most of the "PvP" kiddies had transferred to the PvE servers so they could use bugs to get non-PvP players force flagged so killing them was easy. It isn't PvP if they can fight back.

Don't like it? roll on a pve server.

I do. What's your point?

So "red is dead" if you think you can kill the other character, but not if you think your character has no chance. Got it.

Just want to be clear that "red does not necessarily mean it's dead, since it depends on my level of confidence regarding the confrontation."

Edited by branmakmuffin

Apparently you have no point. Well, you wouldn't be the first, and you won't be the last.

Keep up the good work.

:rolleyes:

Red is dead means exactly that. When leveling I generally come across people the same level as me. Rarely do I see a higher level player. If I did, well tough luck. Comes with the territory of rolling on a pvp server. I release and go back to leveling, big deal :rolleyes: I have killed plenty of people way higher level then me. 55 jumped me once and I was level 48. I won that fight.

You being in this thread is pretty pointless since you play on a pve server. Go back to your boring pve.

Edited by Raansu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.