How To Make Crafting More Useful

Vanisher

Cartel packs are what killed crafting. Here is how Cartel Packs can help crafting.

All those old armour sets there are a lot of them and you can't place them all on those cartel certificate vendors so why not allow armour mech craft older gear sets. Have arms tech make the older weapon sets. Let biochem craft old vanity pets that are no longer being offered. Allow cyber tech to craft more of the older speeders not being offered anymore.

Make the schematics for these and the mats required harder to get make them rare drops in flashpoints or older ops to make that old content more relevant and repeatable. Also make the mats required more interesting like the stronghold prefab kits where you are using level 5 and level 6 mats for that one schematic this would help the older mats being more relevant as well.

These schematic and may drops to make those old items I think should be placed in say eternity vault and other older content to make more of a reason to play that content.

My background is in business and I get the idea that the people at Bioware ate programmers so designing a business model to keep players happy maybe something not in their skill set. But keeping players happy keeps subscribers. Using the old gear sets etc as mentioned is a good way to reward players for playing and also make all that work you have already done with the gear being created and the time that bioware took to create the old flashpoints and old ops that's already in place so the cost to implement shouldn't be great compared to the effort and cost it takes to make new content. So on a business point it makes sense to make old stuff relevant and re use what you have already made in a away that makes players feel appreciated more. I get the cartel market is needed to keep the game being in business I get that but by not allowing that older stuff to be crafted well that's just makes it look like you are milking the player base that they don't matter. Because you want to keep all those old gear to yourselves rather than to the players.

It's the players that keep you with a job. None of what I suggested would take a lot of effort and would make crafting a little bit more current and useful.

Edited by Vanisher

Now let's even say Bioware that you think that you still need to make more money then why not have schematics of the old armour sets drop in cartel packs. I Get new armour etc won't be craft able until say a year later so cartel packs still hold their worth. But the old stuff just sitting there if it's craftable its not gonna hurt new cartel packs. The schemes sure you can argue it will make some players richer than others it's the same as now the rare times get sold for high amounts so players still get rich. So make the schematic drops more common and bound so if you want to craft it you have to buy the packs.

Now let's even say Bioware that you think that you still need to make more money then why not have schematics of the old armour sets drop in cartel packs. I Get new armour etc won't be craft able until say a year later so cartel packs still hold their worth. But the old stuff just sitting there if it's craftable its not gonna hurt new cartel packs. The schemes sure you can argue it will make some players richer than others it's the same as now the rare times get sold for high amounts so players still get rich. So make the schematic drops more common and bound so if you want to craft it you have to buy the packs.

NO. Everything being tied to the damn cartel market is one of the major reasons I'm considering canceling all three of my subscriptions for my family and going back to another game. The original poster had the best idea.

I was the orginal poster. The second post I added after. But I really Beleive all that old cartel market stuff say after its been a year old place the schematics in game. Armour mech doesn't really craft many modable gear Items and that's why that crafting skill has nothing viable to craft. I have it but all I craft are items to RE to get mk-10 to make augment kits and that's it. So really armour mech shouldn't even be a crafting skill if there isn't anything worthwhile to craft it should be called augment crew skill to make just augments. Same with the arms tech. Cyber tech looked like it orginally had promise and with a few new speeders it looked like Bioware was gonna do something but it's just one speeder they gave us and different colours but no black or silver any really cool colours lol.

They do a poor excuse on making crafting viable.

NO. Everything being tied to the damn cartel market is one of the major reasons I'm considering canceling all three of my subscriptions for my family and going back to another game. The original poster had the best idea.

Truth is cartel market and crafting do not mix

They work at opposite agendas

To fix crafting you need to create a economy in game (which also does not exist in SW:TOR)

Armor and weapons need to degrade so there is a market of replaceing them, which means quality needs to play a roll

High end mats need to be limited (in world) so you dont have the mats flooding market like we currently do with Yavin and Rishii

Cartel needs to stick to none game equipment and leave all the patterns and designs and what not in the crafters hands

Special drops need to be ultra ultra rare but need to be moved OUT of just ops (and need to be sellable) so crafters can actually earn their own schematics

Crafted items need to be the cream of the crop, not bought com items

Right now crafting is about

1) Conquest points

2) Augments

3) Stims and med packs

4) And to MUCH MUCH MUCH lesser degree (almost non existant) armor plates, mods, enhancements, earpeices, implants, relics

I do not see crafting ever having any real importance in this game (which sucks as I have all crafts to 500)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.