Hard mode Revan

I believe it has to do with Hydraulic override, but I could be wrong.

As far as I can tell, it's to do with the phase on the second floor with the constant raid wide pulls and pushes. Hydraulics seem to have the best up time vs their cooldown of any class to deal with this, plus Aim classes in general are in an amazing spot so you're bringing solid tank, dps and heal classes to the fight as well.

No, no one has yet. We're going to try tonight though, should be fun.

Re: why 8bh is used, we've been trying to keep the reason why quiet to avoid both spoiling the "omgwtf" when you hit the mechanic and to keep from poisoning people against trying to find alternate ways to handle it. The mechanic becomes obvious on the third floor when you get there, and stacking bh is really not good to learn the first 2 floors (which lack this particular mechanic) unless they're already your main toons. Unfortunately people saw the zorz stack 8 bh strat and are wasting time figuring out how hydraulics makes the first 2 floors easier when that's not at all why we did it. If we could go back and hide that bit of information we probably would, I'm afraid it's been a bit of a block for people worrying about how bh is overpowered instead of worrying about learning fight mechanics.

Edited by namesaretough

No, no one has yet. We're going to try tonight though, should be fun.

Re: why 8bh is used, we've been trying to keep the reason why quiet to avoid both spoiling the "omgwtf" when you hit the mechanic and to keep from poisoning people against trying to find alternate ways to handle it. The mechanic becomes obvious on the third floor when you get there, and stacking bh is really not good to learn the first 2 floors (which lack this particular mechanic) unless they're already your main toons. Unfortunately people saw the zorz stack 8 bh strat and are wasting time figuring out how hydraulics makes the first 2 floors easier when that's not at all why we did it. If we could go back and hide that bit of information we probably would, I'm afraid it's been a bit of a block for people worrying about how bh is overpowered instead of worrying about learning fight mechanics.

I love the fight honestly its really good and i cant wait for the nim version. Really i think both of the ops are really good. I personally like ravagers more though.

I love the fight honestly its really good and i cant wait for the nim version. Really i think both of the ops are really good. I personally like ravagers more though.

This whole tier is my favorite the game has ever had. Aside from some annoying parts of both third bosses I really like and have fun with both ops

This whole tier is my favorite the game has ever had. Aside from some annoying parts of both third bosses I really like and have fun with both ops

I agree! Most fun I've had since TFB first came out.

I do have feedback on other items:

• Trash mobs - Does all the trash between the boss fights (ToS) need to take 2x longer than actual boss fights to kill? I mean it's just silly to sit there and spam AOE for several minutes waiting until the last one dies in each group. I feel this is the 2nd WORST part of the new OPS after the hosed loot system in 16m. Please tone down the HP or number of adds (Cut in half) as this is boring and annoying.
  • New 16m SM loot model is SCREWED UP BIG TIME!!! (Please FIX BW) not seeing 2 same Tokens in 4/5 fights. Drop this silly new "Bonus" model or fix it so we can get same loot as two 8 man get.
  • Running 16m PUG of either operation is just a bad PR move for BW (loss of players expected?) with the difficulty and timing of NIM mechanics required. Do we really need to down the walkers <10 seconds or get a hard enrage in an SM?) - I mean that's a NIM mechanic on TFB Operator IX, but has no place in a SM PUG's.
  • Lurker seems to have mood swings still with RNG and instant casting and I'm pretty sure 16m is still hosed with instant kill of 8 people each time like someone mentioned already.
  • Bulo Load Lifters need to be airlifted out of the operation or scaled properly for SM, HM and 16 man. Should NEVER have had 3 chasing a single person with 15k-20k per explosion.
  • Same for pirates focus fire one person in Bulo much like HM/NIM other fights (Healer agro = dead).
  • Explosions, missiles from above, red circles. While I love all the new graphical animations.. dropping a RED circle under us while smoke is still clearing from our screen from a large GRENADE explosion is just plain stupid. PLEASE correct that so we at least have 1-2 seconds of clear visual of ground before a new mechanic is thrown out.
  • Double Whammy RNG - seeing in Bulo folks get Barrel and Volley at the same time - mechanic should check against that. Same with walkers... getting gravity well and big grenade at same time. PLUS red circle in rare instances. Note: Last time gravity well just added the purple to that person as well with white grenade (No pull)

Edited by dscount

Best operations so far! 2nd bosses are quite nice. Wookie is just !¤?%!!! while I think Lurker is pretty okay and unique fight to this game (+DPS check is nice). As for Commanders, they are boring until the burn making the fight tedious at best. We've only spent couple of hours on Revan due to reasons but the fight seems pretty awesome! Oh right, Blaster & Master seems like wtb: hydraulics type of fight also. :> Edited by Ruskaeth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.