When does ToR actually take place?

JebusJM

im wondering if its a date ingame for roleplay because saying its the year 3,643 Before Battle of Yavin wouldnt make sense for someone currently living 3000 years before that.

true, the current time is counted in years after the treaty of coruscant (ATC). I don´t remember but we are supposed to be around 10 ATC I think.

/former Captain Glom, not former historian Glom.

im wondering if its a date ingame for roleplay because saying its the year 3,643 Before Battle of Yavin wouldnt make sense for someone currently living 3000 years before that.

During the run-up to the game, BioWare created a dating system based on the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, so the game would be 10 ATC.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... If you had a time machine, and then traveled 3000+ years into the future and saw the battle of Yavin, it would make sense.

But seeing we don't have time machines then no, you're right that doesn't work.

:D

The problem with that is it lists the date in BBY, Before Battle of Yavin.

For the characters in TOR, they would have no way of knowing when the battle of Yavin would take place, so they'd never use that sort of dating system.

Who cares? You're not a character in ToR. The point of reference used doesn't matter. BBY or ATC, it all lines up the same on the timeline.

If it's that big a problem, then just do the math. Subtract 3,653 from whatever BBY year is giving you issues and call it BTC/ATC.

Edited by CharagonIGN

Who cares? You're not a character in ToR. The point of reference used doesn't matter. BBY or ATC, it all lines up the same on the timeline.

If it's that big a problem, then just do the math. Subtract 3,653 from whatever BBY year is giving you issues and call it BTC/ATC.

I suppose if you're a role player, it would matter.

Duh.

• 1 year later...
aproxamately 500 years after KOTOR, 3500 years before the movies, I beleive that was what had been said.

So in short this takes place well after the Madolorian wars and the Jedi Civil Wars? So Raven and Malak have came and went, and this is the rebuilding phase of the Jedi order?