For the love of the force, make the tiers 35- 54 and 55 - 60

mmmbuddah

Before 55-60, the matches should be heavily balanced and fair, as it stands right now, they are not, and if you are 55-59 you reign supreme over the mids, it will, and has, put a lot of people off of pvp. The goal should be to get as many people as possible to pvp, but as it stands right now, fat chance.

Do bring your stats to back up how many people have been put off PVP.

I could equally state that many are put off PVP by the idiots running ranked in sub optimal gear.

This is a bolster issue, not a bracket issue. Please take some time to bolsterize yourself and make yourself more effective rather than gimping your team with your lack of preparation.

Do bring your stats to back up how many people have been put off PVP.

I could equally state that many are put off PVP by the idiots running ranked in sub optimal gear.

This is a bolster issue, not a bracket issue. Please take some time to bolsterize yourself and make yourself more effective rather than gimping your team with your lack of preparation.

The two go hand in hand, the game is bolstering lvl 59 players much higher than under 55 players. It should be 55-60, not 35-59, any halfwit can see that.

Again, what you are saying is that existing 55 players should not be allowed to level via PVP, just so that you don't feel like cannon fodder.

Perhaps your time might be better spent maximising your gear at the lvl you are, to take FULL advantage of what bolster offers you.

Yes, it is currently broken, they will fix it eventually. Personally, I could not care less if they bolster you guys to L60 and leave the 55s unbolstered, anything to stop this ignorant belly aching. You will still be cannon fodder.

how nice of you to completely put words in my mouth that i clearly and obviously have not said.

What i was saying is have a 55-59 bracket. Problem solved, thank you very much. Right now what YOU are saying is **** the lower levels. they shouldnt pvp

maximize my gear? so that i can do it again 2 levels later? and again 2 levels after that? that would take a long time to level up then cause all im doing is trying to get the right mods for my current gear and not actually pvping

edit: oh and one of the previous posters was right, **** pvp right now, pre 30 i pvp'ed all day long, right now i do the daily and to hell with the rest, its not fun and its certainly not worth it.

Edited by Puraaj

The brackets are fine, they just need to fix bolster.

How do you bolster the additional abilities the classes have with higher levels? There is already a big difference between lv 50 and 51, now even bigger with 55, 56, 57 and 59. And the additional utilities, especially heroics.

It's not just the gear.

I would say 10-49 in one bracket, this is easy to bolster and the differences are not THAT high (4 brackets would make too long queues, but 10-25 26-49 50-59 would be the best theoretically).

My chars are all 55+ but one which was really great to play in an arena against 2 stealthers:-)

The two go hand in hand, the game is bolstering lvl 59 players much higher than under 55 players. It should be 55-60, not 35-59, any halfwit can see that.

No, the brackets are fine, bolster is the problem, fix it, indeed, make the lowbies super powered for all I care, but leave the pops the same.

Additionally, 55-60? That would lead to those very early days when we had all levels in the same warzones, amusing yes, good, no.

I really do dread to think how you guys would have coped in those days, or having to buy recruit armour at L50.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

how nice of you to completely put words in my mouth that i clearly and obviously have not said.

What i was saying is have a 55-59 bracket. Problem solved, thank you very much. Right now what YOU are saying is **** the lower levels. they shouldnt pvp

maximize my gear? so that i can do it again 2 levels later? and again 2 levels after that? that would take a long time to level up then cause all im doing is trying to get the right mods for my current gear and not actually pvping

edit: oh and one of the previous posters was right, **** pvp right now, pre 30 i pvp'ed all day long, right now i do the daily and to hell with the rest, its not fun and its certainly not worth it.

I do and have always done those things, if you choose not to, who is to blame?

A 55-59 bracket is the most stupid and utterly selfish idea ever, some days people will get zero pops.

Fix the core problem which is bolster.

Let the sub 55's have the best bolster stats imaginable and leave the 55-59s using only their natural stats, it would make the lowbies happy, and the 55s would not care, as they merely want to PVP to level to 60 to get their L60 gear.

How do you bolster the additional abilities the classes have with higher levels? There is already a big difference between lv 50 and 51, now even bigger with 55, 56, 57 and 59. And the additional utilities, especially heroics.

It's not just the gear.

I would say 10-49 in one bracket, this is easy to bolster and the differences are not THAT high (4 brackets would make too long queues, but 10-25 26-49 50-59 would be the best theoretically).

My chars are all 55+ but one which was really great to play in an arena against 2 stealthers:-)

Doesn't make as big of a differences as you'd like to think it does. Pre 3.0 I had no issues dealing with players 50+ when I was level 30+. When bolster works correctly your stats are actually higher at lower levels to compensate.

No, the brackets are fine, bolster is the problem, fix it, indeed, make the lowbies super powered for all I care, but leave the pops the same.

Additionally, 55-60? That would lead to those very early days when we had all levels in the same warzones, amusing yes, good, no.

I really do dread to think how you guys would have coped in those days, or having to buy recruit armour at L50.

Explain how 55-60 is EVERYONE in one bracket? You seem to be leaving out the other 44 levels that can play warzones. People, we ALREADY have 3 brackets, making it 55-60, instead of just 60 would not mess up pop times at all.

Explain how 55-60 is EVERYONE in one bracket? You seem to be leaving out the other 44 levels that can play warzones. People, we ALREADY have 3 brackets, making it 55-60, instead of just 60 would not mess up pop times at all.

If you have to ask, there really is no point continuing the discussion.

Something needs to be done. It is virtually impossible to PvP once you get into that higher bracket unless you get lucky and get a team of lower levels or get carried by your team out-leveling the opposition.

PvP pre-30 is fun, once you get into that upper tier you will can can get 2-3 shot by level 55+ fully PvP geared and augmented players. I took my level 32 vanguard into a voidstar and was camped at the spawn and repeatedly farmed by a level 58 Operative, who would kill me either within the duration of a stun or in 2-3 shots. The damage he was putting out was ridiculous, was just seeing 6k/7k/8k hits and just for good measure he was corpse jumping me and gloating about it in /say.

It is nowhere near balanced and I've stopped playing now, I multiple chars that are between lvl 30-40 that I would love to level in PvP but it's just not fun. I can't be the only one thinking this and not playing.

Someone posted a suggestion earlier on which would fix the problem. Bolster scaling needs to scale lower level players to a level where they can compete with the 55+ geared players. The higher tier players do not get bolstered if their gear put's them over a certain threshold, thus bringing some balance and allowing the lower level players to be more competitive.

I dont even level any of my lower level characters above 30 by now. I have 6 characters waiting in the high 20s for the bolster to get fixed, because there is no point playing 30+ pvp at this point. As much as I'd love to, there is no point in doing that. I hope it gets fixed soon... till then its time to make the next lvl 1 toon... sigh...

I hit level 30 today and played a few 30-59 warzone matches. The result? I will be creating a new character and staying in the under 30 bracket.

Putting level 30s with level 55+ is absolutely stupid. I had just over 30k health and was going up against healers and DPS (not tanks) with 43k+ health. I was constantly getting hit for 8k+ damage and didn't last more than 3 or 4 seconds in a fight.

I have a feeling level 30-59 PvP is going to die out fairly quick if most level 30s are seeing the same results I am.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

While I agree that it isn't "just bolster", a huge issue is the fact that lowbies don't always have every slot filled, which royally bends over bolster gains.

Two issues are really apparent and need to be addressed.

1. Relics: Getting relics between 30-40 is nie impossible since most are tied to dark side points, and if you are not diplomacy for a crew skill, good luck finding one that isn't tied to dark/light side points. They also need to put on use relics back in the *********** game.

2. Implants/Ears: I see lots of 30ish players not wearing these and get harsh bolster nerfs. Whatever reason it is, idc, but their EXP is close to -200 EA. when those aren't equipped.

A solution for those would help lowbies a lot.

Edited by L-RANDLE

2. Implants/Ears: I see lots of 30ish players not wearing these and get harsh bolster nerfs. Whatever reason it is, idc, but their EXP is close to -200 EA. when those aren't equipped.

Which adds to my theory that the devs prefer the Empire side.

I have a feeling level 30-59 PvP is going to die out fairly quick if most level 30s are seeing the same results I am.

I have completely stopped PvP in that bracket. I won't return to that in the foreseeable future.

If you have to ask, there really is no point continuing the discussion.

Which implies that they are only there to be farmed as cannon fodder for Commendations ?

This is an very pleasing point for those who are there - "at least we are food for someone bigger out there "

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Tried a wz again on my lvl 35 scoundrel. Worst SWTOR decision I made, its still aweful and it seems less and less people who are below 55, its obvious that you cant have fun in that bracket if you are lower than that. It needs to be fixed asap, a whole bracket is in ruin!!! Fix the bolster, it cant wait any longer!