Why am I always too low a level?

MikeDestroyer

Hi Guys,

So throughout my career on SWTOR, I've had one annoying issue; my character is never a high enough levels for the mission he is on. For example, I'm a level 22 Bounty Hunter on Tatooine now, but the missions are all closer to level 25. On the other planets I've been to, I'm always sure to do every quest I can find to get extra XP, but I still can't seem to keep up with the mission level recomendations. Any tips on how to get my character's level up?

Thanks and happy holidays!

I find it just the opposite is true. I’m having trouble getting off a planet without having to drop quests because they’re too low a level before I can get them done. I generally have to abandon 4 to 7 quests, and I’m not taking every quest I’ve found either. Just left Nar Shaddaa and went to Tatooine, I was level 26.6, and dropped 8 quests when I left.

It really helps to do the side quests. I personally dont bother with the heroic but by the time I got to Alderan I was already level 30. If you just do your class quests you will be drasticlly underpowered later on. I did rush through my class quests on alderan because I wanted Jaesa but ended up having a very hard time taking on the Nomen Karr boss afterwards.

Do the sides, do the bonus and if you really want to be 100% sure you can handle everything do the heroics.

Not finding that at all, and im on a server with a very low population so i havent been able to do a single heroic or flashpoint(im level 30).

Do all the quests on each planet including the bonus quest line, pvp daily and space daily and you should be ok,

I've been running tons of side quests, I usually complete 2-3 side quests before every class quest I complete. I think I'll go back and hang out at Narshadaa for a bit and see if I can level up. And I'll check out space combat, do I need to buy parts for my ship before-hand or is it good to run stock?

Thanks folks!