The Final Act/Paladius

Shotgun_fu

What is the secret to beating Paladius in The Final Act? The force drain doesn't seem to be removable and Khem Val doesn't seem to be able to do enough damage to kill Paladius before I run out of force to keep him alive. I feel like I'm missing something obvious since I've found no other mentions of this quest here...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Turned this up in a google search, so I apologize for bumping an old thread. I guess I just suck for not being able to do this fight on my own. I don't know...this just seems a difficult fight for sorcerers. My character does jack squat for damage with Saber Strike and I never built up enough Force to cast a single ability after blowing what I had on static barrier and a couple of heals for Khem.

Weird fight. I interrupted his lightning attacks as often as I could and tried to avoid his melee attacks, but I couldn't out DPS him. Only way I beat him was using the medprobe, which brought me back to the fight without the debuff. I'd have to assume that the only reason this bug hasn't been fixed yet is because it's how a lot of people manage to win.

Sometimes Khem Val isnt the companion to use. Talos drelik (sp) is VERY useful. As he heals you, you can use the ability which takes your hp and converts it to Force. It's won me a few difficult fights as a sorc. Also, like the guy above said, keep moving. Moving is key

x

Sometimes Khem Val isnt the companion to use. Talos drelik (sp) is VERY useful. As he heals you, you can use the ability which takes your hp and converts it to Force. It's won me a few difficult fights as a sorc. Also, like the guy above said, keep moving. Moving is key

x

Khem is actually your ONLY companion at this point.

Wish I'd thought to use the health to force ability, though. Totally forgot about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Acutally, I have the solution- confirmed to the point of just doing it in point of fact.

Step 1) Shield Khem (to buy yourself some time to move) and send him on the attack.

Step 2) RUN AWAY!!!!

NOTE:

DO NOT run up the ramp/stairs/whatever though! Just run to the edge of the room away from the desk.

Step 3) Watch Khem die. (Sucks I know- but the next step is going to hurt even worse...)

Step 4) Once Khem's down, Paladius will come come across the room after you- LET HIM! Let him also KILL YOU!

NOTE:

The REASON is that, once he kills you, he will go BACK across the room to the desk and kneel down to "meditate" or whatever. This means that you can summon the droid to revive you without aggroing him AND seethe up WITHOUT THE DEBUFFS THAT WERE CRIPPLING YOU BEFORE!!!!!

Step 5) "Respawn" in the same place, heal and buff up because you finally CAN.

NOTE:

It's confirmed that you actually leave the debuffs behind after your death but ONLY if you don't leave the area by going to the medbay!

Step 6) KICK HIS SORRY *****!!!!!

Edited by anackerc

Yeah, that's actually how I beat him. And when my next Inq comes around... that's how I'll beat him again :D

Acutally, I have the solution- confirmed to the point of just doing it in point of fact.

Step 1) Shield Khem (to buy yourself some time to move) and send him on the attack.

Step 2) RUN AWAY!!!!

NOTE:

DO NOT run up the ramp/stairs/whatever though! Just run to the edge of the room away from the desk.

Step 3) Watch Khem die. (Sucks I know- but the next step is going to hurt even worse...)

Step 4) Once Khem's down, Paladius will come come across the room after you- LET HIM! Let him also KILL YOU!

NOTE:

The REASON is that, once he kills you, he will go BACK across the room to the desk and kneel down to "meditate" or whatever. This means that you can summon the droid to revive you without aggroing him AND seethe up WITHOUT THE DEBUFFS THAT WERE CRIPPLING YOU BEFORE!!!!!

Step 5) "Respawn" in the same place, heal and buff up because you finally CAN.

NOTE:

It's confirmed that you actually leave the debuffs behind after your death but ONLY if you don't leave the area by going to the medbay!

Step 6) KICK HIS SORRY *****!!!!!

• 2 years later...

I found another solution . . .

The debuff lasts just 20 minutes. Simply wait until it's over, then go back and kick his butt.

Post-debuff I died, but then tried shielding and healing Khem to keep him alive, and that worked much better. Both times I hung back at maximum range.

I was level 21 with pretty good gear on myself and Khem. Now I wonder if I could have run out of the instance area (without dying), waited for the debuff to end, then run back in and kicked butt.