Rishii Daily: Trail of Light is NOT WORKING

Kalfear

OK I have done this quest before but today I goto 2nd steam in woods and no matter where I stand (in stream, outta stream, leave area return, change instances, what ever) I get interupted trying to see stream

ALSO there is a bug on this area when you click to use microbinaculars your hands go through the motion to lift to face and suddenly you reset and have to rehit the icon on hot bar to raise them up and use...very annoying

This quest has been boardline buggy since pre release but now it seems completely broken.

I just abandoned mission after 15 minutes of trying to see second stream

No matter where you see the beam or how clearly you can see the scanning target, you will be interrupted if you start to scan before you get a floaty text popup and yellow chatbox message "Datastream Detected". Seeing the stream, start/destination or scan target makes no difference in the interruption.

If you scan before getting that text popup or after getting it and then getting another saying "Datastream Not Detected" as you move out of the small scanning spot, it will be interrupted.

Use the marked map radar blip circles as guide to area to walk around until you get the text indicator.

• Thanks 2

No matter where you see the beam or how clearly you can see the scanning target, you will be interrupted if you start to scan before you get a floaty text popup and yellow chatbox message "Datastream Detected". Seeing the stream, start/destination or scan target makes no difference in the interruption.

If you scan before getting that text popup or after getting it and then getting another saying "Datastream Not Detected" as you move out of the small scanning spot, it will be interrupted.

Use the marked map radar blip circles as guide to area to walk around until you get the text indicator.

did as well and didnt work

was standing directly on the radius dot and getting Data Stream Detected message

Was still interupted

And lets be clear, this is a widely complained about bug so its not like Im only one to experience this

You cant enter Rishii with out hearing someone having same issue every 10-15 minutes

Edited by Kalfear

Try going into your quest items inventory and using the item directly from there instead of your quest log in the upper right of your screen. That resolved my problem today when I had a similar issue.

Thanks, had not thought of that so will give it a try

Still shouldn't have to imo.

Clicking the quest icon or hot bar icon (from microbinocular missions) should be enough

• 4 weeks later...

The issue seems to be a combat inprogress or near, activated by you or other players, in the case of the second datastream (the one that is a wampa sleeping at the zone) there are roaming wild orobird hatchlings that sometimes got hit and take partial damage , so the "combat" for that npc doesn't end. making that instance unscanneable.

So far pub side is more common.

• 1 year later...

So, it was bugged for me too. I tried everything suggested here. What work for me though was :

1. Go to the radar coordinates

2. Stand exactly at the located coordinates

3. Wait for pop up message

4. Use the binoculars

Hope this helps.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/17/2014 at 4:51 PM, docbenwayddo said:

This was helpful thanks!

• 4 months later...