How do you play Sage?

The_Jedi_Nick

So I have been reading all this stuff about how SI/JCs are OP, and I was wondering what it is that makes them OP. I know that however I play must be wrong because I have trouble killing simple gold boss mobs when they are one of those talk and then fight guys. I can kill them, but I usually die 1-2 times before I finally do; especially the masters in the storyline, notably the one on Tatooine. I get murdered by DPS and pretty much anyone else in PvP, and I just have a really hard time playing this class. Qyzen Fees can take more damage and almost do more damage than my character. I know this could also go in new player help but it seems more of a Sage forum issue. I play healing spec because it seemed like more people need healers than another DPS class. I would appreciate some advice and suggestions about how to play better, as it's a fun class to play, but frankly I suck at it.

Theres a great sticky for sages way up there, i suggest you check it out. :)

For the most part just try to keep your distance, use your interrupts/slows

and let your companion do the tanking, while you keep healing.

Edited by Ommm

at level 25 i dont even use companions i find them annoying, stick with shielding yourself first, force lift the hardest to kill mob, burn the others down one at a time, using potency, stun, reshield, knockback. Melee is the easiest to kill, you can TT kite them with force speed.

The class IS harder to play than all others. Healing tree is more for PvE than PvP (gtaoe heal lol) and early on our damaging abilities are nothing compared to mobile ranged dps.

Suck it up or re-roll. You'll be spending a lot of time on your class so make sure you enjoy it.