So, whats the counter for Powertech/Vang?

NogueiraA

Used to be Balance/Madness, not anymore.

I think the only counter for a Powertech is another Powertech.

On a 1vs1? Just survive their initial burst (well timed rolls/dodges, bubbles, DCDs) and you are home-free. That is all they have: massive initial burst. If your class can self-heal, even better.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanguards seem to have lost something since they implemented the new system, especially if you are a Tank. It's either a nerf for I feel weaker since they decided to throw all the other levels in with level 60's with pvp gear to fight in warzones.

Tank is much better; even ST with dps gear. Battle focus gives def rating.

Edited by Aetideus

This QQ train about burst is funny. On TOFN in yolo I'm the first target as an AP PT, they usually take me out first in every game amongst my team. Frankly if you let an AP PT run around you deserve to die.

AP PTs have THE most predictable burst in the game. You have 2 *********** bombs ticking on you, if you stand like a melon taking this to the face then more fool you. Also, know that when I fire one rocket I sure as hell ain't sitting on the other 6.

Frankly a good concelment op laughs all over us and literally makes us look like fools. Sins who know when to use their two shrouds can cause trouble. Sage who knows about bubble is trouble. Snipers who roll at the right time and flash bang our explosive fuel or shield are trouble. Basically, any class in this game can be countered in one way or another to some extent. If what you see in that video happens to you, son you have some L2P issues.

Well, Pyro has a good counter compared to AP. Stun on fist. 1 vs 1 (and run) is ok.

He lost 60% in 2 sec.

Okay seriously, did you even read the thread? First off he said he was at 40%, not 60%. Secondly if he'd lost that much in 2s then a sin sure as hell didn't do it, cuz a global is 1.5s and we have no off-global damage other than surging charge procs (which hit for like 1.5-2k on a good crit, not 100% sure cuz I haven't been watching their damage since hitting 60).

I did a quick bit of math, 40% of what appears to be average level 60 health is roughtly 16,800. My sin is averaging ~8,500 on discharge and 7,500 on ball lightning. Those two hits total 16,000. So in that situation, given completely average damages he would still have 800 health left. A moot amount perhaps, but the point is that any burst spec is going to be able to kill someone quickly when they're only on a relatively small amount of health.

Okay seriously, did you even read the thread? First off he said he was at 40%, not 60%. Secondly if he'd lost that much in 2s then a sin sure as hell didn't do it, cuz a global is 1.5s and we have no off-global damage other than surging charge procs (which hit for like 1.5-2k on a good crit, not 100% sure cuz I haven't been watching their damage since hitting 60).

I did a quick bit of math, 40% of what appears to be average level 60 health is roughtly 16,800. My sin is averaging ~8,500 on discharge and 7,500 on ball lightning. Those two hits total 16,000. So in that situation, given completely average damages he would still have 800 health left. A moot amount perhaps, but the point is that any burst spec is going to be able to kill someone quickly when they're only on a relatively small amount of health.

You have lot of trouble reading, don't you? He said he LOST 60% of his HP in 2s.. He went from 100% to 40% in 2s. Just for you again.... He went from 100% to 40% in 2s..... Did you understand it??? He went from 100% to 40% in 2s.

I think he means he was brought to 40% in 2 seconds.

Which basically just means he's bad :confused:

Bad or in midbies while being under 55 ;)

Edited by Ryuku-sama

You have lot of trouble reading, don't you? He said he LOST 60% of his HP in 2s.. He went from 100% to 40% in 2s. Just for you again.... He went from 100% to 40% in 2s..... Did you understand it??? He went from 100% to 40% in 2s.

"At 40%" sure sounds like "at 40%" to me. But please continue sounding like an *ss. I'm sure it's making you sound more credible.

"At 40%" sure sounds like "at 40%" to me. But please continue sounding like an *ss. I'm sure it's making you sound more credible.

He said he was at 40% 2 seconds after the assassin opened on him, anyone with basic comprehension of English would interpret that to mean the assassin took 60% of his HP in two seconds.

He said he was at 40% 2 seconds after the assassin opened on him, anyone with basic comprehension of English would interpret that to mean the assassin took 60% of his HP in two seconds.

If he lost 60% in two moves from a sin then he's either in sh*t gear that gets a pathetic amount of expertise or he's flat out lying. 40% is doable against someone with full expertise, 60% isn't.

Edit: Let's just put this into perspective. Let's say the sin used his two biggest hitting moves, discharge and maul, and let's be generous and say that both of them had pretty high crits; 9,500 for discharge and 12,000 for maul. Even with that it's only 21,500 damage which is just over 50% of 42k health. Even if we go even more generous and throw in a 2k surging charge proc from maul it's still 23,500/42,000 which is around 55% of your health, but keep in mind that this situation is almost never going to happen.

Edited by Hei_Atzfel

If he lost 60% in two moves from a sin then he's either in sh*t gear that gets a pathetic amount of expertise or he's flat out lying. 40% is doable against someone with full expertise, 60% isn't.

Edit: Let's just put this into perspective. Let's say the sin used his two biggest hitting moves, discharge and maul, and let's be generous and say that both of them had pretty high crits; 9,500 for discharge and 12,000 for maul. Even with that it's only 21,500 damage which is just over 50% of 42k health. Even if we go even more generous and throw in a 2k surging charge proc from maul it's still 23,500/42,000 which is around 55% of your health, but keep in mind that this situation is almost never going to happen.

I never said he was correctly geared tho ;) It most likely happened in midbies where lvl55 and up are bolstered to 3k-4k main stat and 40k HP and lvl50 and under are bolstered to 2200-2800 main stat and 30k HP....

Oh, so when it's about your class you go on the defensive in an instant, trying to explain this and that, but when it comes to my class "IT'S OP, I TELL YA !!!!".

Also, my health is 37k (full 60 pvp, but I don't have the latest augments).

Edited by Derzelaz

Oh, so when it's about your class you go on the defensive in an instant, trying to explain this and that, but when it comes to my class "IT'S OP, I TELL YA !!!!".

Also, my health is 37k (full 60 pvp, but I don't have the latest augments).

Because AP is OP and deception isn't, perhaps? Unless you're going to try to tell me that this is perfectly fine.

I've been hit many times by sins while in full exp gear wherein I dropped to 50% hp. part of it might be lag, but the big part is you don't see them coming. they get a couple free shots on you before you even pop anything to mitigate. I've pulled them out of stealth and anticipated when I'd get hit and have mitigated it plenty of times too. but the burst is real. it used to be from a different spec, but it's real.

VG burst is all in the setup... any class with good defensive's can spoil the burst. Sins, Sorcs, Ops, Marauders, can all basically mitigate the entire burst rotation if they wait 2s after they hear the grenades land and bubble/Shroud/Dodge/ED.

Dude, we have been telling people that ever since thermal detonator came into existence (read: since launch) and yet people still seem surprised when that detonator goes off, as if it totally wasn't sitting there blinking at them for the past three seconds.

Used to be Balance/Madness, not anymore.

I think the only counter for a Powertech is another Powertech.

Interesting. My Serenity Shadow is tearing PT/VGs to pieces. Granted, that's in Lowbies. You have some screenies or data showing that PTs are unkillable in Ranked?

Are you seriously going to try to tell me that there's nothing wrong with THIS?

Bad player eats a full burst rotation...and it's the PT/VG's fault?

lawl

Edited by DarthOvertone