Deployed Soldier trying to play from overseas.

Roszilla

I am currently deployed to Kosovo. I have purchased the game and am trying to patch from Kosovo, which has a Serbian IP address. From what I am hearing from other people is that you only need a proxy server to patch, but without the proxy server, you can still play the game. I know that the EULA says that using a proxy server to play is unauthorized, but I don't believe this should apply to Deployed U.S. Soldiers. I am a resident of the United States, living on United States soil in another country. My mailing address (an APO) is considered a mailing address that is in the UNITED STATES. If i were to use the proxy server to patch, would I be flagged or banned, etc?

Alright so i just got off the phone with the Customer Support, and they say it's good to go to patch the game with a proxy, but not play with a proxy. Any suggestions on good FREE proxy server programs to use? Edited by Roszilla

You can set up the proxy without any special software-its all there under internet properties. A google search should produce a list of viable addresses you can use. If you continue having issues, post it up and I will try to help.

Thank You!!!!!!

I am currently deployed to Kosovo. I have purchased the game and am trying to patch from Kosovo, which has a Serbian IP address. From what I am hearing from other people is that you only need a proxy server to patch, but without the proxy server, you can still play the game. I know that the EULA says that using a proxy server to play is unauthorized, but I don't believe this should apply to Deployed U.S. Soldiers. I am a resident of the United States, living on United States soil in another country. My mailing address (an APO) is considered a mailing address that is in the UNITED STATES. If i were to use the proxy server to patch, would I be flagged or banned, etc?

Why don't you talk to your S6 and see if they can give you NIPR access for a few

I am commo lol. The NIPR Group Policies here are rather strict. It's handled by civilians, my G6 would never approve it, etc etc. I wish that were a possibility. Any good proxy servers that anyone knows about i can connect to through my browser?

Chrome rocks :)

Click on the wrench in the upper right corner, and go to options. this'll open a new browser tab...click on the link on the left that reads 'under the hood'. From there you will see a button that reads change proxy settings. This will bring up the internet options window (the same one in control panel in fact). Click on the connections tab and then click on the LAN settings button. This will open another config window, there is a check box that reads "Use a proxy server...." check that box and then enter the proxy address in the address field, make sure to enter the port number if it listed. Click ok and you are gtg. To disable just uncheck the "use a proxy" box, you can leave the address in the field.

Hi Deployed Soldier,

My guess you are sitting in Camp Bondsteel Coffee shop with a Makiato in one hand and a mouse in the other trying to do this. Been there myself with WoW. While I was deployed to Kosovo at the time lots of us were playing WoW on our downtime, but my point is even with the crappy net service the locals provide you should be able to download the game and patch fine. This might take longer than normal but you shouldn't have any issues doing it normally. We never had an issue with WoW other than the repeated disconnects from the network nor did we have to use a proxy server that I'am aware of. I don't understand why this would be different with SWTOR.

A good tip is move as close as possible to the wireless tower that sends your signal because I know some of those huts/bunkers get poor signal up on the hill further out from the main chowhall.

Good luck to you and sorry if I wasn't much help, but all these tips helped me when I was trying to do the gaming thing while keeping in touch with the family. Last resort we had some soldiers have their family express mail them the game downloaded to a drive of some sort fully patched and ready to go.

P.S. If you have family, have the local in the PX that does the hand chalk drawings do something for you; you won't regret it. My wife loved it so much she framed it and it still hangs on our wall almost 5 years later. Take care, be safe.