Two Solutions for LFG dilemma

wutru

1. Let us summon people at the entrances.

2. LFG Channel

As it is now, everyone is spread out across zones. We will not wait at the entrance to the flashpoints. Why? Because it's a waste of time and inconvenient, when we could be doing other things in game.

Flagging for LFG is insufficient too. People flag themselves, then go do other things, but when it's time to do the flashpoint, the group is still waiting for them to hop through the countless zones, just to get to the flashpoint. (another complaint i'll avoid in this thread)

Bioware, please give us these tools, even if it's just a quick fix, until you improve it with some other superior design.

1. Let us summon people at the entrances.

2. LFG Channel

As it is now, everyone is spread out across zones. We will not wait at the entrance to the flashpoints. Why? Because it's a waste of time and inconvenient, when we could be doing other things in game..

Learn how the tool works before you complain.

I can easily check if people want to group with me, you dont need to sit at the fleet for this! Please learn how to use the tool!

Although this is a solution. It still doesn't address the problems associated with level disparity among guild members.

Not all members will be the same level or around at certain times.

The only problem I see here is that you're so impatient that you can't wait five minutes for someone to roll around to group up with. Every FP I've done, I've found someone to group up with easily. It just takes a little extra time.

The only problem I see here is that you're so impatient that you can't wait five minutes for someone to roll around to group up with. Every FP I've done, I've found someone to group up with easily. It just takes a little extra time.

Your experience is not the same as everyone else's. There a good number of people for whom the current system doesn't work for.

I agree with those.

Just no LFG random grouping system cross realm like WoW has. That completely kills the social aspect of the game and takes you from a system where you make friends and have fun playing together, to one where all you care about is the gear and everyone else is just a resourse to be used and abused to that end.

The good thing about this old school system is that you know if someone is very unpleasent to play with, they end up feeling that sting and having a harder time grouping. There is an actual consequence for your action and positive and negative reinforcement towards atitudes taken.

Edited by Nemmar

Learn how the tool works before you complain.

I can easily check if people want to group with me, you dont need to sit at the fleet for this! Please learn how to use the tool!

I'm just offering alternatives to make it more convenient. You seem to be against this though, for whatever reason. I hope it's not because you're defending the inadequacy of the current system.

Yes, it's possible to check. And i gave reasons why it doesn't work effectively. Yes, you are correct, we don't need to wait around on the fleet, but that's the problem. We are all spread out across planets. It's just wasting time waiting for everyone to meet up. People could be crafting, questing, doing class & heroic quests. And you should know, since you're an MMO vet, that people will use LFG tag even though they are not ready.

What is your solution or alternative to the current system that isn't working? And be honest, because it's not working for the majority of players.

Edit: addressed wrong person. sorry.

Edited by wutru

I agree with those.

Just no LFG random grouping system cross realm like WoW has. That completely kills the social aspect of the game and takes you from a system where you make friends and have fun playing together, to one where all you care about is the gear and everyone else is just a resourse to be used and abused to that end.

The good thing about this old school system is that you know if someone is very unpleasent to play with, they end up feeling that sting and having a harder time grouping. There is an actual consequence for your action and positive and negative reinforcement towards atitudes taken.

I'm not suggesting a LFG tool. Swtor doesn't need one right now. A simple group summon to the Fleet would be sufficient.

There are a few tweaks Bioware could stand to make so the LFG list is more visible, but the only real "LFG dilemma" is that people aren't using the tool they were given to begin with.

The LFG tool they've given us is exactly the one that WoW had before they introduced the dungeon finder. Nobody used it in WoW, either, because it's inconvenient and overall rather poor. If you can't get players to use your tool, then you should rethink your tool. It's that simple!

Before WoW had this LFG system, it had a global LFG channel. This system was far superior because it allowed players to quest, PvP, or whatever else while looking for a group. Further, it kept all the LFG spam out of General and Trade. Finally, it allowed groups to find replacement players without leaving the instances/raids. Switching to this system is the least they could do if they're not going to implement a real dungeon finder like they should.

Sitting on Fleet spamming General is not fun for anyone.

I do agree that there needs to be a universal LFG channel. This would eliminate a lot of general spam (as only people currently looking for a group would see it) as well as enable people to form groups faster. I see no reason why one shouldn't be implemented. I would much rather have a channel (as well as a slightly better interface) than an autogroup feature.

I don't however think you should get ported to the instance. Yes people might be at random different parts of the galaxy, but the flashpoints are all at pretty much one location. How hard is it for everyone to run to a flight path, get a taxi to the spaceport, get on their ships and instafly to the fleet? Getting ported everywhere takes away from the feel that the galaxy is a huge place. Not being ported also provides an opportunity for the group to socialize a bit and discuss strategies or whatever while in transit.

Edited by Jaliyah

I don't however think you should get ported to the instance. Yes people might be at random different parts of the galaxy, but the flashpoints are all at pretty much one location. How hard is it for everyone to run to a flight path, get a taxi to the spaceport, get on their ships and instafly to the spaceport? Getting ported everywhere takes away from the feel that the galaxy is a huge place. Not being ported also provides an opportunity for the group to socialize a bit and discuss strategies or whatever while in transit.

I would agree, but there's already too much zoning anyway. Here's how it is currently.

Fly/QuickTravel to spaceport.

Zone into ship.

Zone to planet.

Zone to fleet.

Zone to instance.

Why do all that when you can just get a summon?

I would agree, but there's already too much zoning anyway. Here's how it is currently.

Fly/QuickTravel to spaceport.

Zone into ship.

Zone to planet.

Zone to fleet.

Zone to instance.

Why do all that when you can just get a summon?

I guess I don't see the zoning as a big deal. It doesn't seem like enough of a nuisance for them to spent time/resources creating another travel method when they could be spending that time/resources on something else. They already made it easy enough for us by putting all the instances in the same place.