"Why so Serious" PvP, Possible hints to the devs

Azthraal

Hi everyone, especially devs.

Who i am (just to avoid the "OMG NOOB ****"):

I've tried many last gen MMOs, Aion, WAR, WoW, EvE. Mostly focused on WoW tho. Here i reached the Gladiator rank 2 times and i'm still playing on 2200 rated matches on rbgs. I play on a basis of 25+ keybinds, with a pc running the game at max graphics, cool mouse and all that s***.

I'M NOT a pro. I am medium skilled player (ME < 9000). Or at least i'm not backpedalling.

Now heres what i've found after doing 20+ levels on warzones as shadow (Yes, this might me a bit POV sided, i choose republic cos it it's less populated, idc about the lore):

1- Warzones not giving the right rewards to players who actually PLAY the WZ and not just zerg.

I.E. Voidstar: Hi, i'm a shadow i've planted three bombs successfully, got the datacore. I finish the round with ZERO medals. The random scrub who zerged mindlessy in the middle ignoring all type of objectives got already 5 medals. Why?

2-DoTs: Stopping anyone who wants to click or rec in peace.

I.E. I killed someone, it's time to get the turret/plant the bomb! NO! Dot ticks and you get interrupted, EVEN OUT OF COMBAT. Why?

2.5 Combat. Takes ages to get out of it (And Possibly rec). Sometimes i just prefer to suicide because it's much faster to run back to place with a brand new 100%hp new life.

3- Consular/Inquisitor animation unbalance.

Ok being a jedi is cool. Why being a sith must be cooler? Let me explain. Everyone knows what Project is (the random debris coming out of the ground and hitting your head). Also everyone knows the sith lightnings. Well, the lightning animation is faster than mine, and it lands it's damage earlier.

I.E 1v1 fight Shadow vs Assassin. Bla bla bla random fight. Both at 10% hp now. I cast Project. He casts Shock. I die istantly, while my debris is still being thrown at him. The debris hits him, he dies. On a mirror match (Assa vs Assa) he would have died before me, leaving me alive. Fair?

(I WANT BLUE LIGHTNINGS TROLOLO)

4- CCs, Resolve and all that stuff. Common discussion on these boards nowadays, i'll try to give my 2 cents as well. Well too much CC around, or too much duration on them. On a fight literally pass most time CCed, resolve does not charge up fast enough. It's just stupid.

4.5?- CCs and specific classes.

Stealth: Worthless if not talented, takes age to reastealth by going OOC (see point 2.5), often can be seen miles away. Sometimes OP: often i find myself succesfully defending a point 1v3 by casting Mind Maze (Sap) on target on a rotation while still being uncacthed- resolve full? i go out, aoe dmg and vanish- repeat til reinforcements come. (Problem resolve?).

Meleers: Lets discuss about the damn charge immobilizing you for 2(?) sec while you're chasing someone? Why? The range on that spell is ridicolously high, can go through floor level and i even have to get immobilized? Why not remove the root effect and buff the class with a passive/situational movement speed increase?

From my PoV i also find the dmg to be lackluster till 30+ (yep, you can whine about 3k+ backstab crits, but other than that its all <2000 crits.)

Ranged: Melee ranged classes to be precise. Smuggler/Agent to be even more precise. While i can be ok with the 4k aimed shot crits on my butt, I'm completely disappointed by the MELEE dmg of those classes. On range he detonates me. Ok then, let's go melee and here's what i get: streaks of 2k melee hits, stuns and roots. Thats even more of my normal crits. Why? Lower the damn melee damage of RANGED dps classes. (Also, the non-interuptable Aimed Shot while on cover range freaks me out.)

What do you think of my points?

Perfect post my friend.

May I add:

-Pick which WZ's to queue up for or at least which ones not to queue up for. Basically give us the option to not queue up for Sith vs Sith Huttball.

-Allow us to hold more than 1,000 commendations.

-Provide rewards for open world PvP.

-Fix the MVP system. It clearly is not working as intended.

-Make combat key clicks more responsive.

-Stop AFK Bott'ing.

-Increase the range for the "Target Nearest Enemy" command.

Hi everyone, especially devs.

Who i am (just to avoid the "OMG NOOB ****"):

I've tried many last gen MMOs, Aion, WAR, WoW, EvE. Mostly focused on WoW tho. Here i reached the Gladiator rank 2 times and i'm still playing on 2200 rated matches on rbgs. I play on a basis of 25+ keybinds, with a pc running the game at max graphics, cool mouse and all that s***.

I'M NOT a pro. I am medium skilled player (ME < 9000). Or at least i'm not backpedalling.

Now heres what i've found after doing 20+ levels on warzones as shadow (Yes, this might me a bit POV sided, i choose republic cos it it's less populated, idc about the lore):

1- Warzones not giving the right rewards to players who actually PLAY the WZ and not just zerg.

I.E. Voidstar: Hi, i'm a shadow i've planted three bombs successfully, got the datacore. I finish the round with ZERO medals. The random scrub who zerged mindlessy in the middle ignoring all type of objectives got already 5 medals. Why?

2-DoTs: Stopping anyone who wants to click or rec in peace.

I.E. I killed someone, it's time to get the turret/plant the bomb! NO! Dot ticks and you get interrupted, EVEN OUT OF COMBAT. Why?

2.5 Combat. Takes ages to get out of it (And Possibly rec). Sometimes i just prefer to suicide because it's much faster to run back to place with a brand new 100%hp new life.

3- Consular/Inquisitor animation unbalance.

Ok being a jedi is cool. Why being a sith must be cooler? Let me explain. Everyone knows what Project is (the random debris coming out of the ground and hitting your head). Also everyone knows the sith lightnings. Well, the lightning animation is faster than mine, and it lands it's damage earlier.

I.E 1v1 fight Shadow vs Assassin. Bla bla bla random fight. Both at 10% hp now. I cast Project. He casts Shock. I die istantly, while my debris is still being thrown at him. The debris hits him, he dies. On a mirror match (Assa vs Assa) he would have died before me, leaving me alive. Fair?

(I WANT BLUE LIGHTNINGS TROLOLO)

4- CCs, Resolve and all that stuff. Common discussion on these boards nowadays, i'll try to give my 2 cents as well. Well too much CC around, or too much duration on them. On a fight literally pass most time CCed, resolve does not charge up fast enough. It's just stupid.

4.5?- CCs and specific classes.

Stealth: Worthless if not talented, takes age to reastealth by going OOC (see point 2.5), often can be seen miles away. Sometimes OP: often i find myself succesfully defending a point 1v3 by casting Mind Maze (Sap) on target on a rotation while still being uncacthed- resolve full? i go out, aoe dmg and vanish- repeat til reinforcements come. (Problem resolve?).

Meleers: Lets discuss about the damn charge immobilizing you for 2(?) sec while you're chasing someone? Why? The range on that spell is ridicolously high, can go through floor level and i even have to get immobilized? Why not remove the root effect and buff the class with a passive/situational movement speed increase?

From my PoV i also find the dmg to be lackluster till 30+ (yep, you can whine about 3k+ backstab crits, but other than that its all <2000 crits.)

Ranged: Melee ranged classes to be precise. Smuggler/Agent to be even more precise. While i can be ok with the 4k aimed shot crits on my butt, I'm completely disappointed by the MELEE dmg of those classes. On range he detonates me. Ok then, let's go melee and here's what i get: streaks of 2k melee hits, stuns and roots. Thats even more of my normal crits. Why? Lower the damn melee damage of RANGED dps classes. (Also, the non-interuptable Aimed Shot while on cover range freaks me out.)

Good points. I support you

Perfect post my friend.

May I add:

-Pick which WZ's to queue up for or at least which ones not to queue up for. Basically give us the option to not queue up for Sith vs Sith Huttball.

-Allow us to hold more than 1,000 commendations.

-Provide rewards for open world PvP.

-Fix the MVP system. It clearly is not working as intended.

-Make combat key clicks more responsive.

-Stop AFK Bott'ing.

-Increase the range for the "Target Nearest Enemy" command.

ill agree with these. i hate hitting leg shot, and seeing the guy run like 8 more steps, THEN getting snared. or taking like a full 4 seconds to get into cover, and shoot off an instant snipe

Agree on most things. :jawa_cool:

Re medals, I think the issue is that the medals are all "mid effort" achievements. Zerg around a bit - wow, you got the kills achievement, wow you got the damage achievement, wow you got the quick kill achievement etc etc. Maybe there should be a "super medal" (triple value maybe) for specific things like you say. Planting 2 bombs, killing the ball carrier 10 times, something like that.

Re aimed shot, I am not sure how good this eventually becomes at high lv, but what you have to realise is that it's a 2.5 second channel after a 1-2 second cover that does about 1700-2000 damage. It's decent, but not gamebreaking. I have stopped using it almost completely just because it's not worth it.

Re project vs shock - ***? Is this the case? So much for rolling Cons to balance Inq ;) just want to say that IMO this would probably look better if the shock animation was slowed down than the project animation speeded up, or even just the damage impact delayed until the initial frying has been done.

Good points, especially the one about the animation difference. I'm an assassin and I can see this is a bit of an issue. I guess you could say it lets you do damage in sudden bursts, but still...They should just have the damage go off instantly, and let the thing go flying at its own speed. That's how they did it in City of heroes and it works well.

I do have to disagree a little about stealth being bad though. I think it's fine EXCEPT that going out of combat needs to happen much faster and not be based on what teammates are doing.

Stealth is extremely good dude, not sure where you got the idea that it's useless. It is especially good on voidstar. You can just camp a door and wait for them to stop paying attention, then boom.

Overall good points though, especially about warzone objectives. Sounds like they're on their way to changing that already though.