So Hatred assassins are supposed to be pretty OP now...

kaydash

Either there's something new/different in the discipline pathway that I haven't noticed yet, I'm picking the wrong utilities, or I'm the worst assassin in the game right now. Pre-3.0 I used to play all specs (including all kinds of hybrids) except full Darkness. Now, since hybrids are a thing of the past, I committed to Hatred, and with what little time to play I have, stuff that I could do with no problem before like running Oricon and CZ dailies has now become a struggle for survival.

I'm not even talking about the damage dealt. As far as I'm concerned that's about the same or better than it was. But damage taken on the other hand I find that it's been increased. I know sins/shadows have always been sort of squishy, but it just feels way more squishy than before. I haven't even dared to queue for PvP yet just thinking about the kind of beatings I'll get there if silver mobs are giving me problems.

Is this something anyone else has noticed? Or am I just terrible at this class?

Either there's something new/different in the discipline pathway that I haven't noticed yet, I'm picking the wrong utilities, or I'm the worst assassin in the game right now. Pre-3.0 I used to play all specs (including all kinds of hybrids) except full Darkness. Now, since hybrids are a thing of the past, I committed to Hatred, and with what little time to play I have, stuff that I could do with no problem before like running Oricon and CZ dailies has now become a struggle for survival.

I'm not even talking about the damage dealt. As far as I'm concerned that's about the same or better than it was. But damage taken on the other hand I find that it's been increased. I know sins/shadows have always been sort of squishy, but it just feels way more squishy than before. I haven't even dared to queue for PvP yet just thinking about the kind of beatings I'll get there if silver mobs are giving me problems.

Is this something anyone else has noticed? Or am I just terrible at this class?

Are you counting ur self healing? because is not negligible...

Are you counting ur self healing? because is not negligible...

I am. I try to hit Leeching Strike and Death Field on CD whenever possible for what little healing that nets me, which gets knocked right back down as I get attacked.

I noticed this too while levelling, even with the bonus armor perk. Asked a guildmate about it and he said he was seeing the same thing. I'm not sure if there was a hidden boost to npc damage or we're just taking more damage now but you're not the only one to notice

http://www.twitch.tv/exilove

Watch and learn.

As much as I really appreciate the gesture, I cannot for the life of me figure out what you're activating or attacking with for it to be helpful. Though I'm assuming it's basically dots > spread dots > melee, and spinning strike/vanquish on proc, it's really hard to tell.

Edited by kaydash
grammar

I noticed this too while levelling, even with the bonus armor perk. Asked a guildmate about it and he said he was seeing the same thing. I'm not sure if there was a hidden boost to npc damage or we're just taking more damage now but you're not the only one to notice

It's possible, but from what I understood in the patch notes for 3.0 mobs were supposed to be even easier to get through this time around, so.... *shrug*

As much as I really appreciate the gesture, I cannot for the life of me figure out what you're activating or attacking with for it to be helpful. Though I'm assuming it's basically dots > spread dots > melee, and spinning strike/vanquish on proc, it's really hard to tell.

Pretty much what it is. Nothing to it really tbh.

How can you tell?

The same way you can always tell bandwagoners.

Take Vigilance for example. Leap> MS is all they knew how to do. It was neither the most effective or the proper way to utilize Unremitting but it was the easiest. They also were unaware of how to use it's great single-target damage to it's potential. They had no idea about positioning or when to attack who or how far you could push it before you had to back out.

Speaking of backing out, they never used Guardian Leap.. never taunted.. never did anything. They were there for the root on MS and the guaranteed proc. The big damage numbers.. objectives and actually winning be damned.

Or PT 1.7 (and now).

Probably the easiest one was a smasher. They would stand around and wait for sweep to come off CD.

Simple things let you know that someone read a rotation somewhere and decided to let the spec carry them. That's exactly how Serenity/Hatred and TK/Lightning are now. Those players have no idea about class synergy and most probably don't even use their CDs properly.

EDIt: On a side note, I leveled assassin and shadow as madness/balance ~1.7

I simply refuse to touch the spec since the buffs. It's like playing Madden on rookie level with Tom Brady, Randy Moss AND Dez Bryant.. then claiming that you are the greatest of all time.

Edited by maverickmatt

The same way you can always tell bandwagoners.

Take Vigilance for example. Leap> MS is all they knew how to do. It was neither the most effective or the proper way to utilize Unremitting but it was the easiest. They also were unaware of how to use it's great single-target damage to it's potential. They had no idea about positioning or when to attack who or how far you could push it before you had to back out.

Speaking of backing out, they never used Guardian Leap.. never taunted.. never did anything. They were there for the root on MS and the guaranteed proc. The big damage numbers.. objectives and actually winning be damned.

Or PT 1.7 (and now).

Probably the easiest one was a smasher. They would stand around and wait for sweep to come off CD.

Simple things let you know that someone read a rotation somewhere and decided to let the spec carry them. That's exactly how Serenity/Hatred and TK/Lightning are now. Those players have no idea about class synergy and most probably don't even use their CDs properly.

EDIt: On a side note, I leveled assassin and shadow as madness/balance ~1.7

I simply refuse to touch the spec since the buffs. It's like playing Madden on rookie level with Tom Brady, Randy Moss AND Dez Bryant.. then claiming that you are the greatest of all time.

Or you could simply go back to the spec and enjoy it, and show the FotM players what someone skilled in the spec can do. Just sayin'.

I can't keep track of which class I'm allowed to play anymore...

I know right? That's why I just play em all and ignore what the haters say. God forbid a spec you like was buffed. Now I'm supposed to stop playing it because it overachieves? Sorry. Not going to happen. I have specs that I play regardless of whether it is the FOTM or not. I'm not going to quit playing a spec I like because EAware has no clue how to balance their game.

perhaps they won't nerf sin/shadow? My little sin is my baby, my first toon in this game... I actually used to get made fun of a year ago for playing madness spec, "hey, why come you don't play stealphy backstab backstab backstab dead?" Madness finally get's a little love and a brand new fancy ANGRY name and now everyone wants the nerfs? OK, so the proc on spinning strike is a little much, and the "you can't touch me for 12 seconds but I can kill you" thing hurts, but after a year of being madness mocked, now it's the fotm? Please be gentle with your big nerf BW, it's my first time.