The Pre-Order Crystal Vendor

OrionLives

And this matters to you? Other players' light saber crystal colors do not even register with me. And I could not even tell you what color(s) you get from the pre-order vendor.

The only person you are impressing is yourself.

I actually do get pm's from players asking where they can get the crystal. And I checked, I didn't say anything about impressing anyone, you sound a little butthurt, jealous even. Also, I don't think anyone cares in the slightest what you personally register.

Zing!

Typical elitist thinking.

"Us" vs. "Them".

The fact that the pre-order crystal even exists is inherently segregating. It offers no other bonus that any other crystal doesn't have, so your post just comes off as whiny. I was the 6389th registered member on these forums out of ~12 million (you can check by hovering over your forum name lol), meaning I've been here since the announcement and opening of the forums.

That's a long time... I don't think there's anything at all wrong with having an item that anyone who didn't pre-order can't have. TBH, if the Cartel Market wasn't in place and we were still on a standard subscription-only model, I'd be trying to push for a Veteran Rewards system similar to what SWG had and many other games have. They could still do it obviously, but the Cartel Market items would kind of overshadow the meaningfulness of the actual Vet Rewards because so many new shiny things release all the time lol.

It's just a tiny bit of privilege for pre-ordering.

I also think most people are ok with the idea of a few items being no longer acquirable. It's nice to have that badge of 'I was there'. Aren't there also a few achievements? The Founder title is from pre-order, or the beta, or early access... I can't remember

It's just a tiny bit of privilege for pre-ordering.

I also think most people are ok with the idea of a few items being no longer acquirable. It's nice to have that badge of 'I was there'. Aren't there also a few achievements? The Founder title is from pre-order, or the beta, or early access... I can't remember

The Founder title was given to people who had subbed at least once or used a prepaid time card prior to March 18th, 2012.

Edited by Kadin

Yes I want this because it bothers me. I ordered SWTOR a week its release because I've never heard about it until it was released...

I'm OCD and I need access to all vendors... T_T

Comeon, pre-orderers. Be generous and support us. It means much to us.

I think it should stay exclusive personally. I mean I am not against similar looking crystals being released at all, there are a ton of black and other color combinations out there, some of which are very similar to the preorder crystal, so preorders only have that 1 exclusive crystal while there are a ton of similar variations on the market

it was always advertised as exclusive to preorder players too, not trying to be an elitist or whatever here, but that was how it was advertised to players at the time and helped give extra incentive to preorder.

again, releasing similar crystals, of course, go ahead, they have done that with a few early exclusive pets and it wasn't a big deal, but still, at least keep the original version exclusive.

Edited by Sangrar

I think it should stay exclusive personally. I mean I am not against similar looking crystals being released at all, there are a ton of black and other color combinations out there, some of which are very similar to the preorder crystal, so preorders only have that 1 exclusive crystal while there are a ton of similar variations on the market

it was always advertised as exclusive to preorder players too, not trying to be an elitist or whatever here, but that was how it was advertised to players at the time and helped give extra incentive to preorder.

again, releasing similar crystals, of course, go ahead, they have done that with a few early exclusive pets and it wasn't a big deal, but still, at least keep the original version exclusive.

I'm still a tad bitter about the Razer green-black crystal getting a damn near duplicate but whatever. I'd like 'exclusive' items to stay exclusive. I mean, why wouldn't anyone that bought/earned it?

Edited by Kadin

I'm still a tad bitter about the Razer green-black crystal getting a damn near duplicate but whatever. I'd like 'exclusive' items to stay exclusive. I mean, why wouldn't anyone that bought/earned it?

I've never bought anything because I hoped somebody else couldn't have it, that's why. That said, I don't have a problem with limited availability items that are tied in somehow with what was done to acquire the item. Generic things, however, should remain attainable to the entire playerbase. Not necessarily as easily available, or in identical forms, but in general, available to players by endgame.

Promises of perpetual exclusivity always sound nice in theory, as it "encourages" people to purchase "soon", but for a business which is designed to go on indefinitely, and which likely anticipates picking up new business, it doesn't seem to me like it's a good idea to permanently "sell off" the rights to certain assets, such as arbitrary color combinations.

For example, there are always going to be some people that complain that something made available to "nonexclusive" players is the same as (or just too close to) something they thought they had previously purchased as an exclusive item (like maybe arguing that one black-green crystal's green is "too close" to another's).

It seems to me that a *limited* exclusive access would be better. In the example of the pre-order color crystal, BW made the (imo) bad move of making higher-level versions available only to pre-order customers, instead of letting higher level chars buy the high-level versions. The level seven version should have remained exclusive, and pre-orders could have been allowed to buy higher level ones for a lower price (or free) -- this would maintain the pre-order advantage without alienating other players. FYI, I did pre-order, so I'm not saying this as somebody looking for access to the crystal.

Alternately, companies could limit access to certain things to the membership "tier", like the Electronic Edition (people could buy that after the initial purchase), or Artifact Gear (F2P has to buy, subs get for free), or the VIP level/Vendor (EE/CE got for free, other players could buy with in-game credits).

Edited by eartharioch

I pre-ordered the game and I've never used the crystal because:

A.) It looks terrible

and

B.) The stats are terrible

Given that, I couldn't care less if they make this terrible (but exclusive) item available to others.

You do know that there are other versions of the crystal from the pre-order crystal vendor on the fleet right? +41 to expertise, power, endurance, etc.

Because not all of us are so self-absorbed in our own e-peen that we need to have our self-worth validated by a few virtual pixels in a game. I take my pride in my accomplishments and earnings in real life. How someone else obtains a virtual item in a game is completely meaningless to me - regardless of how I obtained said item.

Pre-order items need to stay exclusive. Especially, the crystal. It is unfortunate if you didn't find the game before launch and can't pre-order, but that is the way of things. Also asking about getting a pre-order exclusive item now is like me going to the WoW forums and asking for a pre-order exclusive item because "I didn't know about this game until a couple years ago. Let me have a pre-order exclusive item so it can be fair." Sounds a bit like an over-sense of entitlement doesn't it?

I actually do get pm's from players asking where they can get the crystal.

Pic or did not happen

And I checked, I didn't say anything about impressing anyone, you sound a little butthurt, jealous even.

We see how you get your exercise: jumping to conclusions. But, hey, if being wrong helps you cope, don't let me stop you.