So about those SOLO versions of the Flashpoints, and the GSI bot

Xsorus

By that logic, many people miss the RP part of MMORPG as well. Unless you assume everyone actually role plays.

Massively Multiplayer simply means people play in the same world together. It does not mean they necessarily have to play together as a group, although that is obviously one of the options and one of the draws to the model. I'm hoping one day this tired argument is put to rest, but my guess is that won't happen.

Yea, I don't mind running the dungeons, But for the one time solo flash points, or story mode things, I think instead of summoning the Terminator we should use our Companions instead.

Edited by Xsorus

By that logic, many people miss the RP part of MMORPG as well. Unless you assume everyone actually role plays.

Massively Multiplayer simply means people play in the same world together. It does not mean they necessarily have to play together as a group, although that is obviously one of the options and one of the draws to the model. I'm hoping one day this tired argument is put to rest, but my guess is that won't happen.

Not as many as miss the "RP" part.

Yet somehow Bioware hasn't banned us all for being so naughty.

The minute you log onto the game, you're role playing. The extent of that role playing varies from player to player, obviously, but you're still role playing. You can't play this game as Jeff from Milwaukee, or Dillon from Denver, you're playing it as your character's name, who is a Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunter/Trooper, etc., and every time you complete a quest and make a decision that affects your character's story line (light side vs dark side choices, etc.) you're role playing that character.

The minute you log onto the game, you're role playing. The extent of that role playing varies from player to player, obviously, but you're still role playing. You can't play this game as Jeff from Milwaukee, or Dillon from Denver, you're playing it as your character's name, who is a Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunter/Trooper, etc., and every time you complete a quest and make a decision that affects your character's story line (light side vs dark side choices, etc.) you're role playing that character.

Preaching to the choir, mate.

Just saying, "MMO" is defined just as broadly. Just because you don't do ops doesn't mean you aren't selling things to each other, talking in chat, competing for spawns and on leaderboards, inspecting gear, doing massively-multiplayer things.

So anybody who whines that "soloers" are ignoring the "MMO" part better be spending all day in cantinas talking about their Jedi robe and hat, because it's an "RPG" too. They'd still be wrong, but at least they wouldn't be hypocrites.

Edited by Candor

SM FPs and OPs with a party of companions would be awesome. I'm "pretty sure" I played other BW games (and games based off of their Infinity Engine) that let you do that. A lot of us didn't come to swtor because we wanted an MMO per-se, we came because we like playing BW games, and running the whole party was a definite part of that.

Also, if it was SM (maybe with Bind-to-companion equipment/mods, like some of the SoR quests give), it would let people who want to play the "single-player way" and slowly explore the environment (some FPs/OPs actually have Lore items and stuff) get some practice/familiarity with the basics of the FP/OP without feeling they have to get spoiled by reading/watching an online guide and worrying about space-barring first.

Good rewards (comms, token drops, exotic mounts/gear, titles, etc.) should still be reserved for HM and NiMs, which would not need to support multi-companion mode.

BTW, has anybody ever died in those FPs using the god-mode droid? I mean, is it even possible?

Yeah. One of those gold mass-spawns on Rakata. They totally wrecked the droid, and then I (my main is a Lightning sorc) couldn't keep healing Ashara enough to negate the damage she was tanking.

BTW, has anybody ever died in those FPs using the god-mode droid? I mean, is it even possible?

I have on my Sin, in Blood Hunt because it knock my droid off the ledge with a knockback. Outside of that you can't die with GSI droid I pulled the whole 1st part of KI and only my companion died. The droid HP would drop to almost dead and than he would full heal.

Yea, I don't mind running the dungeons, But for the one time solo flash points, or story mode things, I think instead of summoning the Terminator we should use our Companions instead.

at LEAST they could make that terminator HK-51 :D

I don't like the droid, would prefer more companions instead.

Actually Battle of Rishi can be soloed without the droid. I switched it of (as it breaks my immersion) and soloed it just my Powertech and Gault (level 58). Kolto stations (which finally can be used in solo mode) help a lot.

Couldn't do it with Blood Hunt, but maybe didn't try hard enough.

I don't get it. Why are people complaining about SOLO mode FPs? It is for people who want to experience the story without having to depend on other players to do so. If players go in there and keep dying then the forums would be flooded with complaints.

If you watch the Droid's HP and your comp's HP, the NPCs killed them most of the time but the Droid just regen back to 100 %. The point of the solo mode is to experience the story, not to test your prowess in your respective class.

If it's too easy, then do the freaking OPs option and don't try to chuck it up for everyone else. YOU HAVE A CHOICE! JEEZE

I hope Bioware do not listen to people who can't seem to decide what they want.

I don't get it. Why are people complaining about SOLO mode FPs? It is for people who want to experience the story without having to depend on other players to do so. If players go in there and keep dying then the forums would be flooded with complaints.

If you watch the Droid's HP and your comp's HP, the NPCs killed them most of the time but the Droid just regen back to 100 %. The point of the solo mode is to experience the story, not to test your prowess in your respective class.

If it's too easy, then do the freaking OPs option and don't try to chuck it up for everyone else. YOU HAVE A CHOICE! JEEZE

I hope Bioware do not listen to people who can't seem to decide what they want.

not sure you understand the topic. BTW 4 people flashpoints are too easy for me. Hard Mode Flashpoints -did it once and it was boring. Just much more hitting and running. As boring as killing World Bosses.

People seem to be missing the MM part of MMORPG.

Real life is massively multiplayer. That doesn't mean I always go get 3-4 friends every time I do anything. Sometimes people enjoy doing things by themselves. That doesn't moot the point of playing MMO. For some reason, some people think playing an MMO means that you should always be in a group. Why? Sometimes it's just fun to be in a persistent environment with hundreds or thousands of other players - it doesn't necessarily mean you want to always have to group up to do things.

Edited by Mavajo

Preaching to the choir, mate.

Just saying, "MMO" is defined just as broadly. Just because you don't do ops doesn't mean you aren't selling things to each other, talking in chat, competing for spawns and on leaderboards, inspecting gear, doing massively-multiplayer things.

So anybody who whines that "soloers" are ignoring the "MMO" part better be spending all day in cantinas talking about their Jedi robe and hat, because it's an "RPG" too. They'd still be wrong, but at least they wouldn't be hypocrites.

Except that flashpoints are designed for 4 people, and to be a multiplayer experience. The Solo mode FPs are only solo because they give you a buff and a God Mode droid to kill everything for you and keep you alive at the same time, that's not how they were designed to be experienced if for no other reason that they are supposed to be practice for ops, at least with regard to boss fights.

Real life is massively multiplayer. That doesn't mean I always go get 3-4 friends every time I do anything. Sometimes people enjoy doing things by themselves. That doesn't moot the point of playing MMO. For some reason, some people think playing an MMO means that you should always be in a group. Why? Sometimes it's just fun to be in a persistent environment with hundreds or thousands of other players - it doesn't necessarily mean you want to always have to group up to do things.

Go play a pickup game of basketball at your local park, just you against a full team of guys and let me know how well you do.

I'm not saying you have to get a group of friends together every time you do a daily, or visit the GTN. What I'm saying is that content that I designed to be a multiplayer experience should be a multiplayer experience. I don't have a problem with solo mode as a one time thing, but there shouldn't be continually accessible solo mode FPs after you've beaten them (per character, obviously).

Edited by sloasdaylight