All hail Powertechs/Vanguards! Our New Supreme Overlords!

Lennm

there are still noobs who play pyrotech? maybe they didn't notice adv prototype is the new faceroll spec and pyrotech for anything else

where is this coming from? he was talking about AP.

although I still pyro...mostly cuz it's fun, and I'm still leveling. we'll see how things go at 60, but there's zero problem being competitive on pyro at 59. what I do notice, however, is that I cannot bring down a healer solo the way I could when it was the burst spec. I can pressure an op, but he can pretty easily keep himself up...which is demoralizing. :(

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda, unless the target is a heavy armor class then its kinda recommended that you run up and punch them for the armor debuff. Cuz they made all our stuffs K/E.

Armor is still relatively meaningless. I would only suggest it as a must do move against tanks.

I never say something like this and I even have vanguard and I love it, but yea the vanguard siply dleted my other classes in no sec till 3.0 coz he is ***** op now : P

And lets don't forget a nice bonus in there side: the stat after 3.0 what can be push till the sky in pvp is HP , )

What did any of that mean?

I geared up my BH with 172s to start the leveling to compare with my Operative. At the time when both were geared roughly the same I have to honest, I felt my Operative had more damage to call upon on demand. AP has burst but between burst the damage doesn't compare to the sustained of my Op. Perhaps that is where the balance lays.

I'll wait until everyone is used to all classes before final judgement.

Edited by Tamanous

Too much damage, yeah. And too much healing.

Also, what "PT Overlords"?

There is something to be said for the fact that your biggest hit in Serenity was 9k.

For a sustained spec to hit for that much is more than just a little unacceptable (who am I telling? You know it's ****ed up and broken.)

Edited by maverickmatt

There is something to be said for the fact that your biggest hit in Serenity was 9k.

For a sustained spec to hit for that much is more than just a little unacceptable (who am I telling? You know it's ****ed up and broken.)

That's the Execute. It's quite normal..

You do realize 9k isn't that big of a hit anymore? All of the burst specs are putting up biggest hits of over 11k pretty much every match, and once people get full new augs and gear that number will probably increase to 12+ with 15k+ not being unreasonable.

You do realize 9k isn't that big of a hit anymore? All of the burst specs are putting up biggest hits of over 11k pretty much every match, and once people get full new augs and gear that number will probably increase to 12+ with 15k+ not being unreasonable.

That was not my point.

By Exilove's own admission, Serenity is doing anywhere from 60 - 100% more DPS than Deception. It is better in every single facet, and perhaps I am in the minority but I fail to see how a sustained spec with an execute even remotely close to that of a burst spec (you would obviously expect to see that 9k rise with gear just the same as a burst spec) is okay or even in the realm of balance.

Edited by maverickmatt

Armor is still relatively meaningless. I would only suggest it as a must do move against tanks.

Armor was meaningless, back when our priority move had 60%*30% armor pen and most of the rest of our damage was Elemental.

Tactics right now has zero I/E damage outside of gut's miniscule dot, and only HiB has armor pen anymore, and HiB isn't the priority.

Cell Burst, Tactical Surge, Thermal Detonator, Stockstrike, Sticky, etc are all subject to the full amount of the target's armor.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Armor was meaningless, back when our priority move had 60%*30% armor pen and most of the rest of our damage was Elemental.

Tactics right now has zero I/E damage outside of gut's miniscule dot, and only HiB has armor pen anymore, and HiB isn't the priority.

Cell Burst, Tactical Surge, Thermal Detonator, Stockstrike, Sticky, etc are all subject to the full amount of the target's armor.

Lucky us, armor really saves me against AP powertechs *snortgdjg* sorry i choked on my own tounge while i was laughing at how witty i was :rolleyes:

I'd write something, but all I can think about is:

lololololololololol

I'd write something, but all I can think about is:

lololololololololol

God, why do I bother. To many posters are so ignorant of basic stat mechanics.

If you cannot understand why having all of your primary burst being mitigated by the full amount of the target's armor is meaningful then you should stop posting, and I don't know about you, but I prefer not having 25%+ of my cell burst being mitigated.

If you are blowing Cell Burst on a heavy armor target that does not already have a armor debuff, then you are doing it wrong. The only exception would be if the target is at low enough HP that the cell burst will kill them without the debuff.

The only effect that is more important than the armor debuff is the tech damage increase debuff from TD.

Edited by Zoom_VI

4 shadows say hi.

Can't speak for stealth battles but 4 Operatives against a non-stealth team would be interesting. Sleep all but healer with Sedatives, gank healer, roll to next. They would take next to no damage for the first 10 seconds and likely could global 2 enemy players during that time.

Can't speak for stealth battles but 4 Operatives against a non-stealth team would be interesting. Sleep all but healer with Sedatives, gank healer, roll to next. They would take next to no damage for the first 10 seconds and likely could global 2 enemy players during that time.

Yeah what is that? I haven't checked out my conceal/scrapper to know what's going on yet but what am I looking for that makes them not take any damage for these long extended periods of time? Is it evasion? What should my pt be doing when opened on, kite count to 10 then have a go at him?

Yeah what is that? I haven't checked out my conceal/scrapper to know what's going on yet but what am I looking for that makes them not take any damage for these long extended periods of time? Is it evasion? What should my pt be doing when opened on, kite count to 10 then have a go at him?

After sleep dart wears off the target's damage dealt is reduced by 50% for 10 seconds, and after the ten seconds the operative then hardstuns you for four seconds, and after the stun wears off they skank shot you so that you can't face them, and then finally 18 seconds into the fight the target gets there first opportunity to deal any significant amount of damage.

After sleep dart wears off the target's damage dealt is reduced by 50% for 10 seconds, and after the ten seconds the operative then hardstuns you for four seconds, and after the stun wears off they skank shot you so that you can't face them, and then finally 18 seconds into the fight the target gets there first opportunity to deal any significant amount of damage.

Or.. you can just carbonize as soon as they open, and then kite around with 15m flame pulse/magnetic blasts with speedhack-style hydraulics and lol until that debuff is over, in your case. Oh, and take the DR when stunned utility, also.

I personally think it would be better utilized mid-fight with a vanish, once your enemy has already blown most of their escapes and stuff, but I'd still open with it anyways just to be safe.

Also for the post above me, this isn't baseline operative, you need to invest in the T2 utility point for it. Definitely a powerful tool for 1v1's and maybe arenas but I don't expect many operatives would take it in regs.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

That's why I'm often getting my Gunslinger into cover : He is able to actually notice them when his "stealth detection" is up to the highest level.

I have already been asked "what do you do there ?" when I did that. People don't seem to know that Gunslingers can do that.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

After sleep dart wears off the target's damage dealt is reduced by 50% for 10 seconds,

I'm not sure anymore, but either Gunslingers or Sages ? have a similar thing. I have to re-read it again, because I don't remember anymore. It could have been Force Lift, but I'm not sure about that anymore.

You would have to spend a point to an additional ability for that, though (Masterful or Heroic, don't remember anymore).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer