SoR: Different Rishi Intro for the SAME Class?

Darth_Wicked

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully this bug is limited to just IA. gonna start my Sorc now and see what happens. i'm not getting by that stupid SoR last boss bug on my sniper anyways atm. :mad:

From experience, assuming you finished the class stories for the Inquisitor, Warrior and Bounty Hunter, all appears to be fine.

From experience, assuming you finished the class stories for the Inquisitor, Warrior and Bounty Hunter, all appears to be fine.

yep. all of those work for me.

you know for all the reasons to switch healing mains at least temporarily.. the one reason I haven't considered is bugged cutscene :/

Tait, is it possible to ask the others if those of us who already did the intro for our agent will have an opportunity to view the PROPER version even if we already did the intro with the improper one? I'm serious about this. I don't like not getting what I should have because of a bug. Maybe just a one time 'here you go, sorry' via the new mission terminal on our ship?

Alot of us agents who actually care about cutscenes and RPing, would greatly appreciate it. And I'm sure it can be done.

Thanks for checking!!

Had a nice scene with 2 of my companions on my Sorc, with voiceovers and all. wasn't much, but better than nothing.

Voiceovers for companions in this expansion are baffling. Absolutely baffling.

I know I've gone through this quite a few times -- and I will yet again, later on -- but consider the following examples:

• Troy Baker voices both Zenith and Theron Shan, yet for reasons no one can understand, Zenith talks during the intro for the JC and goes silent for the rest of the expansion -- as far as I'm aware anyway.

• Talos Drellik, healer companion for the Inquisitor, offers advice during the Inquisitor class story yet he also goes silent throughout the rest of the expansion.

• Daran Norris voiced Colonel Darok during the Forged Alliances story arc yet Gault Rennow, another character he voices and a companion for the BH, is also silent.

Though budget issues are to be considered, how the hell does it even make any sense whatsoever to have those VA's voicing certain characters in specific scenarios ONLY? :rolleyes:

Talos Drellik is just beyond puzzling. This is the same guy who wept on Belsavis before the might of the Rakata and their Infinite Empire.

Can only imagine his wonder upon walking around on Yavin 4, marveling at the wonders of the ancient Sith, the Massassi temples and Naga Sadow. Ohhh well, the key word is exactly that:

Imagine.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Does Ilum count in? I did not do it on any of the toons, just Makeb.

In theory...

You would only need to finish the final mission for chapter three. Ilum would have no influence in it.

Sadly, I think you'll end up being right. If I had known this would happen ahead of time, I never would've started the SoR storyline on my Agent. :(

Time to reroll a new Agent. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Nah. I'll just spam Customer Support tickets and emails until they get their act together and reset the SoR storyline so I can see the cutscene (once they've fixed it).

They'll respond by saying that if you're referring to a billing issue, you must call them or use Skype. :D

They'll respond by saying that if you're referring to a billing issue, you must call them or use Skype. :D

or without even reading a single word - will reply to whatever currently hot topic is on the forums (which when I opened a ticket, apparently was cost of retraining abilities. even though my ticket wasn't about that at all. like... not even remotely O_O)

or without even reading a single word - will reply to whatever currently hot topic is on the forums (which when I opened a ticket, apparently was cost of retraining abilities. even though my ticket wasn't about that at all. like... not even remotely O_O)

Every single ticket must have ten words at most. If not, might as well not submit them.

An exaggeration for sure. I for one have no complains of the CS. Always did good by me 99% of the times. :D

The intro dialogues swap based on how much story has been completed. For Imperial classes, the last Mission prior to Shadow of Revan is the cutoff. For Republic classes, it's having acquired your last companion. If you have achieved this, you will get the "companion" intro. If you haven't, you get the "non-companion" intro.

If you're seeing that you have met the prerequisite and are getting the "non-companion" intro, let me know so that we can investigate!

I completed Chapter 3, then Interlude / Chapter 4 (Makeb), and did all Forged Alliances quests in order -- the first two a few months after release, and then Manaan and Rakata Prime each within a week of release. I've completed all companion missions and had them at 10K affection well before Forged Alliances started.

So there was no reason I should have got the cut scene I did, making me rate this as the worst [bioware] story I've ever played.

FYI, I know it's early Access, and that I'm officially a semi-official Beta Tester, so as long as this is acknowledged as a bug AND FIXED SOON (along with the Regal Miniskirt bug) so that all of my other characters don't have to deal with it, I'm ok. I just feel kind of bad for the writers who get blamed for the WiS experience.

Edited by eartharioch

bumping it up, since AI cutscene issue is not on a list of bug fixes OR known bugs in bug reports forum

this is a bit frustrating. I'd love to level my agents, but I'd rather not do so via running old content for xp. and missing a proper cutscene is not appealing.

My Operative has gone through Class story, Ilum, Makeb, and Forged Alliance before 3.0 and I received the companionless version of the intro. Very disappointed as she is my co-main and I love watching the cut scenes the first time I do content, so much that is a bit of a joke in my guild. I have a mute key for mumble just for this this purpose. I would love the ability to watch the cut scene featuring my character. I don't feel entitled to it, would just be much appreciated!

I know I've gone through this quite a few times -- and I will yet again, later on -- but consider the following examples:

• Troy Baker voices both Zenith and Theron Shan, yet for reasons no one can understand, Zenith talks during the intro for the JC and goes silent for the rest of the expansion -- as far as I'm aware anyway.

• Talos Drellik, healer companion for the Inquisitor, offers advice during the Inquisitor class story yet he also goes silent throughout the rest of the expansion.

• Daran Norris voiced Colonel Darok during the Forged Alliances story arc yet Gault Rennow, another character he voices and a companion for the BH, is also silent.

Though budget issues are to be considered, how the hell does it even make any sense whatsoever to have those VA's voicing certain characters in specific scenarios ONLY? :rolleyes:

Talos Drellik is just beyond puzzling. This is the same guy who wept on Belsavis before the might of the Rakata and their Infinite Empire.

Can only imagine his wonder upon walking around on Yavin 4, marveling at the wonders of the ancient Sith, the Massassi temples and Naga Sadow. Ohhh well, the key word is exactly that:

Imagine.

+1 great post

Imagine.

This!!!!