Enemy Within SOLO Fight Work Around *Requires other players* *SPOILERS****

JourrnoRush

Greetings,

It is very unfortunate that this bug is preventing a lot of players with completing their SOR finale. However, here is a workaround I have been doing with 100% success.

The bug I am talking about is the final fight with Revan.

Specifically in this fight, there is a part where he locks NPC's against a pillar and then goes on a rampage nearly one shotting you and your companion.

WORKAROUND

You will need a group of FOUR players or THREE players (depending on skill).

TWO HEALERS (one if you are amazing but this fight is dirty)

The other player/s dps or tank.

Bear in mind this fight will probably last 10 minutes because as your NPC's die you lose buffs for fighting Revan.

Now that you have your group and are inside:

1. "Tank" Revan behind a pillar. I always use the one near the entrance but thats me, I'm sure any pillar would work. This sometimes appears to prevent him from going into orb mode allowing you to finish the encounter or it is bugged anyways. I've heard of people not doing the pillar and he never goes into orb mode, which is probably still a bug.

2. Heals just do their magic.

3. IF Revan still goes into "Orb Mode" and then starts stomping the dps, heavy heals and kite.

4. Usually if Revan enters the bugged "Orb Mode" this is how you will fight him the rest of the fight which takes a while.

5. When Revan is near death (<5%) he will start this channel that stuns a player and quickly kills them (instant death if channel finishes). Should be common sense, but interrupt this ability (all his abilities are interruptible). That means you too healers.

6. Success.

DISCLAIMER

This is not a HACK or an EXPLOIT. This is a workaround so you can COMPLETE the instance. When this is fixed, it is unknown if this will still work. If you completed this without it bugging (full mechanics working) then you know it is not a hard fight at all.

-Gear I used, Dread Master/Dread Forged and the other healer/dps were in at least Rishi/Yavin quest gear.

Enjoy.

-Should not be hard to find other players since bugging is a widespread problem

Dunno if it works for everyone but this worked for me and enabled me to solo Revan (copy and paste from a post on the bugs forum)

Go in and get him down to 70%. All NPC's will go to pillars. Just Die. After you die you can use medical probe but dont. Wait till he kills off all the NPC at the poles. Once he kills them all he resets back to the center and all the NPC come back as if to start again. But the fight doesnt reset completely. Now use your the medical probe. Heal up and attack again. He will now be able to be DPS him past 70% all the way down to 30% where he will put everyone at the poles and kill you again. Wait till he kills everyone and resets him and the NPC's. Use medical probe again. attack again, this time he wont do that move at either 70% or 30% and you can DPS him all the way down to 0.

Takes forever but works.

Dunno if it works for everyone but this worked for me and enabled me to solo Revan (copy and paste from a post on the bugs forum)

Go in and get him down to 70%. All NPC's will go to pillars. Just Die. After you die you can use medical probe but dont. Wait till he kills off all the NPC at the poles. Once he kills them all he resets back to the center and all the NPC come back as if to start again. But the fight doesnt reset completely. Now use your the medical probe. Heal up and attack again. He will now be able to be DPS him past 70% all the way down to 30% where he will put everyone at the poles and kill you again. Wait till he kills everyone and resets him and the NPC's. Use medical probe again. attack again, this time he wont do that move at either 70% or 30% and you can DPS him all the way down to 0.

Takes forever but works.

I have duplicated this workaround multiple times. It feels like it takes extra time, but removes any question of "Will it work this time or not"... reliably you know when it will work.

The work around i used was to let him kill me when he disables my companions, wait until he kills them all off and resets, then revive in the instance. Attack again and he will miss putting them into stasis until he is around 30% Health. Rinse and repeat until he fights normally until defeat.

Takes forever but works.

This does not work for me. I die, and Revan and the companions reset back to their starting position.

Please, BioWare, just fix the mission already.

i did it today solo, died in first attempt due he force choked me to dead on burn phase , but after that i did kill him solo

but when i was in the yavin many people said it is bugged that the orb didnt spawn (blue and red) but on my instance the orb work fine maybe im lucky

Yes it sucks that either way you use it requires a LONG time to complete.

However, bear in mind A LOT of people are bugging in this.

I asked in general on yavin for the weekly and had instant replies.

Sucks that it is a workaround for a SOLO encounter, but eh what can ya do?

I have duplicated this workaround multiple times. It feels like it takes extra time, but removes any question of "Will it work this time or not"... reliably you know when it will work.

I did it this and when he re-set, Revan went into his mode where he stuns everyone else at 70% again. So it's not a guaranteed workaround.

Takes forever but works.

I can attest to this. I've killed Revan on solo mode twice now, and I did it exactly like this, just through sheer will and persistance, and discovered this is true. Third time, really is the charm folks.

I've just done it again today, that's 4 successes in a row.

The key for me is to make sure that when you die you don't use the medical probe until Revan has killed everyone and they have reset to their starting positions. Revan will then pass the 70% and 30% stage and you can finish him off.

I don't know if its a 100% work-around but its been 100% for me. Looks like we're getting a fix next week anyway hopefully that will make it soloable by everyone.

The work around i used was to let him kill me when he disables my companions, wait until he kills them all off and resets, then revive in the instance. Attack again and he will miss putting them into stasis until he is around 30% Health. Rinse and repeat until he fights normally until defeat.

This is how i do it. Ive had 2 successful runs so far doing it this way. The important thing to mention is DO NOT RELEASE TO THE MED STATION.

If you do then youll have to do the entire quest again which is a pain in the bullocks.

did this as well. Works great

This one always work all my friend i told to try this did kill it solo:

Every time its same I die 2-3 times before I kill him but always work.

On first try he will cc all companions at 65-75% when you die wait till all companions are death and they back in a room then revive there, do not go back to med centre.

Try again to kill him he will this time CC all at about 30-45% when you die again wait for all to die and revive in there ( do not go to med centre)

Now when you try you should kill him as he will not do his CC, only once he did this CC one more time at 50% but if it happen just remember to wait till all companion are death and back in the room then revive there.

I've just done it again today, that's 4 successes in a row.

The key for me is to make sure that when you die you don't use the medical probe until Revan has killed everyone and they have reset to their starting positions. Revan will then pass the 70% and 30% stage and you can finish him off.

I don't know if its a 100% work-around but its been 100% for me. Looks like we're getting a fix next week anyway hopefully that will make it soloable by everyone.

Another "This works for me" post. I had wasted about 100k in repairs trying to get this done in various ways, usually by resetting the mission or the instance, when I found a reference to this method. Sure, it costs me roughly 18k credits in repairs, and about half an hour, but I had already wasted over 2 hours and the repair costs before that point. (Done on storyline and for the weekly).

Takes forever but works.

This worked on my Marauder, but only required one wipe at 70%. On the 2nd round, I was able to DPS him past 70% with no NPC stuns, then at 30% the Orbs appeared so I could actually finish the mechanic and the fight.

Thanks for the TIp MaxJam