I will not be post the dps leaderboard for about 2 weeks to give everyone time to lvl

dragonrand

I don't know what they're doing with the world leaderboards, but I dunno if we wanna use adrenals in our parses. The purple adrenals are not reusable and take mats that are a bit hard to find. It'd be a pain to have to burn those to get a great parse and I'd rather not have to use them.

Food for thought.

I don't know what they're doing with the world leaderboards, but I dunno if we wanna use adrenals in our parses. The purple adrenals are not reusable and take mats that are a bit hard to find. It'd be a pain to have to burn those to get a great parse and I'd rather not have to use them.

Food for thought.

The new adrenals are kinda hard to get mats for. My suggestion would be to only allow Nano Infused adrenals (and anything weaker) so that we don't have to spend mats getting the lvl 60 adrenals just for parses

I think if someone can find the new adrenals then they should be allowed to use them if they want. That is how it would work in a real raid scenario and if you want to have the top parse, you should be allowed to use something that anyone else can use if they applied enough time to.

But that's the thing. This isn't a real raid. No one in their right mind would use purple Anodyne adrenals on a dummy parse just to stroke their E-Peen. It's a waste of resources that are better used in the current content; where we need all the advantages we can get given the current gear situation. It's only a, what? 70 power difference anyway? I feel Nano infused would be just fine for this.

Stroking our "E-peens" with the leaderboards seems like their only real use anyway, so why not? If we wanna know the numbers that someone is pulling, we can have them parse and check ourselves on our own time.

Also, I'm not entirely sure on the raid buffs and their usage in the parses but i know slingers really dont have an offensive one, so, maybe we should throw those out too if were gonna get rid of something that anyone could get.

Stroking our "E-peens" with the leaderboards seems like their only real use anyway, so why not?

I'm not sure why you're pessimistic in this regard. I actually find (found rather, when torparse was still up) the dps leaderboards really helpful with rotations in general and finding out when people were activating abilities. Since torparse has been down I've PMd a few people for their combat logs to get a glance at them and that's been very helpful. A dps leaderboard actually promotes competition to refine and get better, if you want to label it an e-peen contest feel free to corrupt it however you wish.

The main reason I brought up the adrenal issue is that even pre 3.0 I saw some discussion initiated on the world leaderboards talking about not allowing adrenals. I wouldn't mind using blue adrenals on parses too much, but it seems easier to just simplify and not use them. Waiting for the world leaderboard rules seems fair enough to me too I suppose, although I expect they will be using the 1.5mil dummy now.

And for raid buffs, slingers are definitely not the only ones without offensive raid buffs. Juggs, powertechs, and sins don't have offensive raid buffs either.

Edited by bluecheesebandit

I'm not sure why you're pessimistic in this regard. I actually find (found rather, when torparse was still up) the dps leaderboards really helpful with rotations in general and finding out when people were activating abilities. Since torparse has been down I've PMd a few people for their combat logs to get a glance at them and that's been very helpful. A dps leaderboard actually promotes competition to refine and get better, if you want to label it an e-peen contest feel free to corrupt it however you wish.

The main reason I brought up the adrenal issue is that even pre 3.0 I saw some discussion initiated on the world leaderboards talking about not allowing adrenals. I wouldn't mind using blue adrenals on parses too much, but it seems easier to just simplify and not use them. Waiting for the world leaderboard rules seems fair enough to me too I suppose, although I expect they will be using the 1.5mil dummy now.

And for raid buffs, slingers are definitely not the only ones without offensive raid buffs. Juggs, powertechs, and sins don't have offensive raid buffs either.

If I may, I don't think he thinks the idea of parsing is for e-peen, just that the concept of having a leaderboard for it is.

If I may, I don't think he thinks the idea of parsing is for e-peen, just that the concept of having a leaderboard for it is.

Thanks Mev, that is pretty much what i think the leaderboard serves to at a certain point. If someone feels the need to use an adrenal, then why should anyone else care unless they want to be begeren colony famous?

Thanks Mev, that is pretty much what i think the leaderboard serves to at a certain point. If someone feels the need to use an adrenal, then why should anyone else care unless they want to be begeren colony famous?

Exactly, also, if the adrenal is only a seventy power difference, why shouldn't people be allowed to use the purple ones? No one complained about people using nano infused consumables even though they were a 50 power difference from reusables.

So i understand a part of what you're saying, that you can always measure personal success, but from a certain point of view you need a leaderboard to determine a relative best rotation I think. Individual improvement is a great thing, but it doesn't have to stop there.

An example might be yolo's lethality guide pre 3.0: he spent a lot of time parsing and finding out what gave him great results, but he also knew those results were great because he could compare it to other great players. From knowing he had great results he wrote a guide which a large amount of the community read and respected as a source of truth: he was getting the best results after all.

Its not about epeen, I'm quite confused at how packet injects such negativity into the discussion. If all you see through your wang shaped glasses is this sort of ultra competitive circle jerk I'm sorry dude, that's unfortunate. Maybe you should stop posting kills from your raid group as that would be adding to the problem you perceive. For me its about determining a relative best, and the only way to do that is to standardize a rule set for parsing.

Personally, I didn't post many parses pre 3.0 because mine weren't all that good, so I had nothing to add to the community in terms of showing a good way to play a particular class.

I'm not trying to be a bother or promote epeen, I'm trying to promote good players being proud of their own accomplishments and sharing those with the community and a way of standardizing those so it isn't a huge credit sink.

Edited by bluecheesebandit

So i understand a part of what you're saying, that you can always measure personal success, but from a certain point of view you need a leaderboard to determine a relative best rotation I think. Individual improvement is a great thing, but it doesn't have to stop there.

An example might be yolo's lethality guide pre 3.0: he spent a lot of time parsing and finding out what gave him great results, but he also knew those results were great because he could compare it to other great players. From knowing he had great results he wrote a guide which a large amount of the community read and respected as a source of truth: he was getting the best results after all.

Its not about epeen, I'm quite confused at how packet injects such negativity into the discussion. If all you see through your wang shaped glasses is this sort of ultra competitive circle jerk I'm sorry dude, that's unfortunate. Maybe you should stop posting kills from your raid group as that would be adding to the problem you perceive. For me its about determining a relative best, and the only way to do that is to standardize a rule set for parsing.

Personally, I didn't post many parses pre 3.0 because mine weren't all that good, so I had nothing to add to the community in terms of showing a good way to play a particular class.

I'm not trying to be a bother or promote epeen, I'm trying to promote good players being proud of their own accomplishments and sharing those with the community and a way of standardizing those so it isn't a huge credit sink.

You really think that people post on DPS leaderboards just to help the community? I can CERTAINLY assure you that 90% of the posts on ANY DPS leaderboard are solely for competition or attempting to prove you are the best at any given class. Yes, the competition helps the community, but indirectly. In the end, the dps leaderboards are just competitive circle jerks that help the community.

Edited by Mevarek

Knowing when to pop adrenals in a rotation is very important to achieve maximum DPS.

Using adrenals raises the skill cap and adds another variable to each dps rotation.

If you ban adrenals then what will you do when you are in an operation?

Just pop it whenever you feel like it?

Edited by rsuhandy

Knowing when to pop adrenals in a rotation is very important to achieve maximum DPS.

Using adrenals raises the skill cap and adds another variable to each dps rotation.

If you ban adrenals then what will you do when you are in an operation?

Just pop it whenever you feel like it?

Hes right. And if you have a problem with our group kills, then it sucks to suck bro. I wasn't being negative to begin with anyway, people can use what they want for the most part in a parse and if an adrenal comes into play, then so be it, being able to use it in your rotation to maximize dps is ideal to a rotation which you can learn from. :D:D

This is how i have the board set up so far:

It has the overall sections which is will be the highest parse per class. So for example one mando one sentinal one vanguard etc ranked 1 thru 8. And then in the class sections there is 5 spots per class and the Honorable mentions section will be the highest parse of each spec that did not make it onto the class leader board. So for example if all 5 commandos are Assault then the highest gunnery parse would be on the honorable list.

I'm still waiting on the World Board but if they don't put something up by the time tor parse relaunches( which it seems like should be soon) im gonna go ahead with it. Anyways check out my format and as always let me know what u think :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UwezU3xeQ0CGfhj4mTWNxfEkLCIGQnBh9_4aGQPWen4/pubhtml#