Congratulations Bioware

Reefguy

There is an awful lot of anger, frustration, and complaints floating around on these forums. I can't imagine being a Dev who is proud of this game and have to read all this negativity. It must be very frustrating.

Anyway I wanted to express my positive experience I have had thus far with this game. I am progressing through the story at a decent pace, and have had an overall great experience thus far. My class story is engaging and interesting. I have played quite a few MMO's in my day, and this is the very first leveling experience that I actually have thoroughly enjoyed. I wasn't sure if the voice acting immersion would be enough to cure my hatred for the leveling experience I have in MMO's, but it certainly has in most aspects.

The mechanics I have experienced in the flashpoints I have done have been entertaining and engaging. I did a world boss as well that seemed to have some fun and interesting mechanics. I was a little worried before this game came out, and in a sense still am, about how this games end game raiding scene would turn out. I must say though that if the raiding scene is anything like what I have seen so far, I dont doubt it will be a blast. Difficulties can be tuned if it ends up too easy or too hard, what I hope is that the mechanics are fun and engaging.

My experience with PvP has gone quite well. I understand a lot of people are having lag issues and yes there are a few problems with the system. That said, I think your PvP system is a blast. I love huttball. I get it a little too often in queue but I understand why that happens and ultimately I really dont mind too much. The PvP system has serious potential for expansion and I have no doubt you guys will do something great with it.

There are a few things I think this game does need. To list just a few:

Auction House - Rework the name search, so I don't have to narrow and search before doing a name search.

Macro's

Addons - I understand a lot of people don't want damage parser's however, Epeen strokers aside, a damage log/meter will help raiders theory craft and let us better understand our rotations/maximize dps. I actually don't really mind the ui we have currently in game, but addons would allow players that don't like it to change it. Those that dont mind, can leave it.

/Roll needs to be implimented. This is the one thing that really baffled me, when I realized it wasn't in game. I have no doubt you guys will get it in there at some point.

I'm sure there are a few more things I am forgetting and thats fine. The point of this thread wasnt for requests anyway.

I am having a lot of fun with this game, I think you guys did an excellent job. I can only hope there are enough people like me to make this MMO a healthy and active one.

I'm sure I will get flamed as a fanboy somewhere in this thread, but whatever, I like what you guys have done with this game. If end game turns out to be good and you can pump out a raid more often then once every 8 months, you guys will get my money.

Thank you Bioware!

Thanks, I guess I'm just annoyed at seeing the forums riddled with people raging about the smallest things. Some complaints are valid but 90% of the rage threads are just poorly done, with little thought behind them. I honestly feel like some people just complain because they can.

The macro i cannot speak on but I have been reading many interviews with James Ohlen, combat logs are on the way, a hot fix to GTN is on the way, and gamesradar asked Daniel Erikson about /roll, I guess that is on the way as well. Patience needs to be reminded to the gaming community, they all forget too quickly how WoW use to be and what it is now.

Nice to see this isn't a rage post. You had me worried during the first little introduction sentences though. I am loving the game. Is it perfect? Of course not, but thats part of the fun of playing since before launch, we get to experience all the changes and express our desires/feedback, and see the game grow from what it is (really fun and immersive) to what it will be (hopefully more fun and more immersive).

I can't find the source but I know I read that the Devs were in fact working on macro support. They said it wouldn't be ready at launch, and when they decided to do it, they wanted to make sure and do it right. So we will get them its just a matter of time.

I'm really glad to see other people that aren't hell bent on destroying this games credibility. I read these forums and just wonder, have people never experienced an MMO launch before or are they just inconsiderate and rude because they lack patience. This MMO launch is actually one of the better and smoother MMO launches I have been involved in.

Yes there are some things that should have made it into the game weeks before it launched. /roll for instance; however I look at this game as money well spent and as long as they are dedicated to providing new content and fixing the issues they have, there is no reason people shouldn't be happy. I guess people will always find something to complain about.