gtx 460

TmPw

I have to get a new video card. I'm thinking of the gtx 460. Is anyone else using that card? Does it work well with this game?

No real reason to go back a generation, get a 560 TI.

460 was a great card mind you, but honestly the price difference is not worth getting the older card to me. If it's worth it to you (looks to be about $50 from a quick browse) then go for the 460.

I'm running 2 x 1gb Gtx 460s in SLI . Runs every current gen game on ultra . BF3 maxed (with a decent overclock ) .

But best of all i have never encountered any stability or video errors when the cards are standard . No video card based issues with any games over the 18 months that i have had them in .

Great card if you just want to play tor now . If your interested in other games being released in 1 - 2 years . Spend the money and get something decent . 1 gig GTX 560 would be a barebones starting point , a 580 would be desirable for longevity .

The 460 was discontinued earlier this year and like someone said not worth it. It was a good card in its time but go for the 560 ti. It will serve you better and is the bang for the buck in the current generation.

only the GTX 460 FTW (superclocked version) was discontinued... not all of them... at least not yet

Edited by Liquidacid