Soresu Form reduces damage by 20% not 10%

KarathAnno

There is a big discrepancy between Soresu Form's the tool tip and what does.

At level 55 here are some number I get without a form and in Soresu.

Force Scream

No Form: 2286-2336

Soresu: 1835-1871

20% damage loss

Retaliation

No Form: 2175-2575

Soresu: 1736-2060

20% damage loss

Crushing Blow

No Form: 3641-4302

Soresu: 2902-3438

20% damage loss

Edited by KarathAnno

I just checked my assassin, haven't checked my vanguard yet, but it looks like ALL tank stances are bugged to lower damage by 20% instead of 10% right now. Wonderful. The least fun role to play for most people, and its even WORSE now. This is a pretty big bug to me, hope it gets fixed soon.

between Vig and Soresu there SHOULD be around 20% on a melee attack

(look at Shien form it add 6%, also the passive utility adds 5% to damage of all melee attacks along with the -10% from soresu in addition to these additions from the Damage form... that would be Working As Intended.

between Vig and Soresu there SHOULD be around 20% on a melee attack

(look at Shien form it add 6%, also the passive utility adds 5% to damage of all melee attacks along with the -10% from soresu in addition to these additions from the Damage form... that would be Working As Intended.

Did you read the thread? The difference is between no stance and Soresu, not respeccing from Vengeance to Immortal.

They need to nerf the damage MORE, not less. Tanks are doing insane Damage in PVP wearing DPS gear, as they A: can stack surge to full WHILE having full accuracy, and B: Generally have more control and survivability than DPS specs.

Guardian slash is hitting for 7-8k non crit a fairly decent portion of the time. Assassins are seeing similar results. I rest my case.

Lower DPS from Tanks by a **** ton and increase threat generation. It's idiotic how hard they can hit right now in PVP. Bioware has been vertically buffing damage from tanks this patch, and while it's wonderfully balanced while they are in TANK GEAR, in DPS gear? Whole. Nother. Story.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

They need to nerf the damage MORE, not less. Tanks are doing insane Damage in PVP wearing DPS gear, as they A: can stack surge to full WHILE having full accuracy, and B: Generally have more control and survivability than DPS specs.

These guys is not tanks, and you can easily burn them down and they have less dps than real damagers... But yeah better QQ on the forums than kill them.

These guys is not tanks, and you can easily burn them down and they have less dps than real damagers... But yeah better QQ on the forums than kill them.

While they most definitely are not tanks, they have advantages compared to DPS:

They have generally more survivability, and can offguard without losing DPS. They are effectively just as powerful as DPS, potentially more survivable, with better utility for protecting group members. They outclass DPS specs in almost every way.

While they most definitely are not tanks, they have advantages compared to DPS:

They have generally more survivability, and can offguard without losing DPS. They are effectively just as powerful as DPS, potentially more survivable, with better utility for protecting group members. They outclass DPS specs in almost every way.

Except for the small detail of tanks in dps gear still won't match properly played dps specs. And if they actively guard, they melt like butter with any decent amount of pressure.

I've already done 2k as focus, 2.5k as Vigilance, and I think I could push 3k with the right conditions. I haven't seen tanks get close to that.

Edited by Andrew_Past

7k-8k Gslash are crits for tanks. If they're using dps gear, they're not only missing def stats but are also not benefitting from ANY of the bonus sets, since they're tied to specific disciplines skills. Also, don't let reg WZs fool you, where you have a lot of people running in PVE lvling gear. While my tank was hitting for insane 9k Gslash on regs, during my first 10 ranked matches against properly geared players, the biggest hit wouldn't be higher than 6.5k.

Back to topic, the tooltips are indeed showing a 20% reduction, but the actual damage is correct. On dummies (where you don't benefit from Gather Strength utility), Gslash hits for 4.5k (no stance) and 4.1k in Soresu (both as defense discipline, just switching Soresu On/Off). All other skills show the same 10% damage loss, not 20% as the tooltip indicates.

Back to topic, the tooltips are indeed showing a 20% reduction, but the actual damage is correct. On dummies (where you don't benefit from Gather Strength utility), Gslash hits for 4.5k (no stance) and 4.1k in Soresu (both as defense discipline, just switching Soresu On/Off). All other skills show the same 10% damage loss, not 20% as the tooltip indicates.

The tooltips say 10%, they never said 20%. The people saying 20% are the ones who are measuring their damage output with and without Soresu. However, 4.1K is indeed around 90% of 4.5K (actually a bit better than that) which is what it should be. This is different from what was reported earlier in the thread.

So maybe between the original post and your testing the devs put in a mini hotfix to resolve things?

Edited by Atamasama

Guardian slash is hitting for 7-8k non crit a fairly decent portion of the time. Assassins are seeing similar results. I rest my case.

Lower DPS from Tanks by a **** ton and increase threat generation. It's idiotic how hard they can hit right now in PVP. Bioware has been vertically buffing damage from tanks this patch, and while it's wonderfully balanced while they are in TANK GEAR, in DPS gear? Whole. Nother. Story.

The people running Tank specs in DPS gear have more damage than if they were in tank gear sure, but they are in no way going to top any other skilled DPS in damage. They also have a little more survivability than a regular DPS, but they have no where near the same amount of survivability a true Tank does. Half the players that run these "Hybrid-Geared" Tanks are usually just trying to top the leaderboards and they contribute nothing more to the team but "big numbahs" at the end. They cant finish people quickly enough, or even at all if the enemy team has healers, and they cant survive as long as a tank does so they are pretty much there to just be there. Their objective points and protection is usually low as well. A warzone is not won by beating on a target that you cant kill just for big numbers sake, it is won by teamwork and playing the objectives.

I disagree with your assessment that tank damage needs to be lowered. Tanks need to be considered a threat just as much as anybody else is and its not like they are hitting that hard. Only people we hit hard on at the moment is people who don't have full expertise yet and the more people keep gearing you will see the shift in tank damage decline. Its already rare enough to find tanks in warzone and lowering damage wont help anything. Should a tank hit as hard as full DPS? No, but we should hit hard enough to harass the enemies and be a thorn in their side.

Biggest problem Ive noticed since 3.0 is healers are nearly impossible to kill, all 3: Commando, Sage, and Scoundrel. This could be because DPS classes aren't fully geared yet, but right now healers are just putting out so much healing, combined with longer cooldown interrupts its almost impossible to kill them unless your whole team focuses them. This may be intended but, Ive also found it hard to maintain new Trauma debuff on enemies that Tanks recently got because 6 seconds flies when you are trying to maintain mitigation while people are kiting. I know its a lot easier to maintain it with my Vanguard than my Shadow and Guardian. Shadow feels like they need Shadow Strike to also apply it then I could keep it up much easier cause it usually runs out during me using my Shadow Wrap proc to reset Project instead of using Double Strike or Whirling Blow. My Guardian needs Riposte back off-GCD because he just doesn't have the same flow that he used to and Riposte needs to apply the trauma debuff as well if its intended for tanks to maintain it 100% of the time, unless they want it to be a trade-off. Right now Im so busy trying to maintain my mitigation with my Guardian and Shadow that trauma falls off often.

TL;DR Players that are doing this need to choose what they want to do, Tank or DPS. Then they need to PTFO. Just cause you are a DPS doesn't mean you cant "protect" others, you can easily peel for healers and other teammates by putting pressure on the enemies hitting them, either by big burst or control.

Edited by KnightTyler

• 2 weeks later...
/bump.....can we get something solid as to a timeframe when this bug will be fixed? I dont know about you guys but I dont like doing close to 10 % less damage when I shouldnt be.

Based on BW's... "response" to the other major issues after SoR.. I'd say 2017.. if ever. I've seriously shelved my 2 mains, a Jugger and Guarduian because of this and BWs lack of caring about the issue.

Based on BW's... "response" to the other major issues after SoR.. I'd say 2017.. if ever. I've seriously shelved my 2 mains, a Jugger and Guarduian because of this and BWs lack of caring about the issue.

You gave up on your class because it deals 10% less damage than it should do? It's not like the class is unplayable, it's amazing, if this is the only thing stopping you then you're right to stop playing them. I could understand if we were as squishy as pre-buff Shadows or we lost a lot more than we gained but we're in a good spot right now and our threat generation is massive, regardless of the problem.

Still playable but I do agree with you that it needs to be fixed. In pvp having 10% less damage as a tank, that is a pretty big dip, when trying to hit dps who are attacking healers you are guarding it means they die 10% slower then they should. Also threat generation, damage does help with that.