Jagged Edges: Is there no Anti-Aliasing?

Gilbara

Hey all,

Does anyone know a way to eliminate the jagged edges i see in the game? When my character is running around they kind of move and snake on the edges of things. Not a "huge" game-breaker deal, but it is annoying none the less.

I have good gaming computer with good video card. I play other games and using a combination of in-game settings and forced settings through NVidia control panel, enables me to reduce and eliminate jagged edges.

But, in SWTOR, I cannot seem to get rid of them regardless of how I change settings.

Maybe I am forgetting something. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

I have a GTX580 and to be honest adding more than x4 AA on this game makes it feel "heavy" if you know what I mean. AA is not really optimized right now in this game. They really need to implement it though.

I have the same card as you and have x16 with no problems

I have a GTX580 and to be honest adding more than x4 AA on this game makes it feel "heavy" if you know what I mean. AA is not really optimized right now in this game. They really need to implement it though.

What do you mean it feels heavy? I'm forcing 8x AA and have no issues.

I tried forcing AA and it didn't change the jagged edges.

By the way, what happened to the posts by the kind person who let us know how to do it?

I was finally able to get somewhat of an answer from a mod as to why these types of posts get deleted.

"we ask that you not change .ini files or other game files as this can cause harm to your game client. Since it can cause harm to your client, we also ask that you not post about it on the forums or tell others how to alter game files."
Edited by Meluna
content

Hey all,

Does anyone know a way to eliminate the jagged edges i see in the game? When my character is running around they kind of move and snake on the edges of things. Not a "huge" game-breaker deal, but it is annoying none the less.

I have good gaming computer with good video card. I play other games and using a combination of in-game settings and forced settings through NVidia control panel, enables me to reduce and eliminate jagged edges.

But, in SWTOR, I cannot seem to get rid of them regardless of how I change settings.

Maybe I am forgetting something. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

AA is off right now and there working on it. I ween it in a Dev post the other day.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=696184#edit696184

There is a link.

Force it on ATI/AMD - from CCC.

Tune it on NVIDIA:

C:\Users\***YOUR NAME HERE****\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings.ini

add these lines:

[Renderer]

AntiAliasingLevel = 4

(or 2, 4, 8... 16! :D)

Edited by Glower