Ranting Thread! People that make you wonder?

SkyCakeLight

Heya! *I do enjoy the company of most people in this game! And, have had a lot of positive and friendly experiences!*

So, I know I probably shouldn't create a negative thread, and it's out of my normal character. But, there's just some.. "thought" processes that I don't understand!!

Why do people cry and complain in PvP? It doesn't change anything, it only brings the team down. And, usually the people crying in PvP are the people with like 5 medals at the end of the match... but! It "wasn't their fault" we lost. Because you know... they provided so much for the team with 5 medals, no heals, low DPS, low kills.... I don't get how they think they can complain? How do they not comprehend that they're not helping?

Why do people that are DPS use tanking forms? A few days ago, I decided to tank on my Juggernaut. I was leveling, and it was Hammer Station... so, should be easy regardless! I load in, "Who is tank?" I notice that there's two Juggernauts, but I have the tanking symbol. And, I queue'd for tank, not DPS. Since the other Juggernaut queue'd for both DPS and tank, he got the short end of the stick since he left his options open. I explain that to him. "wutevr, just tank" Alright, whatever. We go along. I notice he doesn't get out of tanking stance. No big deal, it's just Hammer Station. But, the healer gets confused/mad. He ask why the DPS Juggernaut is in a tanking stance. The Jugg's response... "im lvling my tanking frm" So, we stop. Leveling up a form? How does someone think that's a thing? Well, the healer stops healing him. I just continue, shaking my head.. DPS/TankForm Pro Juggs gets angry and wonders why he isn't being healed, but blames me and not the healer... So, we kicked him. I don't get how someone could make Hammer Station so difficult! If you're just running class missions, fine. If you want to take a tanking stance for extra survivability, fine. Don't bring it to the FP when doing more DPS is more important since we have a assigned tank, and aggro is a thing in FPs.

People that don't understand that Mara/Sent and Sniper/Gunslinger are NOT the only DPS classes. On my Jugg and PT while leveling, sometimes when I load into a FP I'll see, "Who is tank?" What do you mean? The person with the tanking symbol under their portrait is tank. Either I'll say it, or usually someone else "There's only one tank here, what do you mean?" ... "nope, there 2 juggs, who tank?" Really? How do people not understand that every class can DPS? And, every class can DPS, well. I find that Pyro PT DPS is especially high, and Vengeance Juggernauts single target DPS to be excellent. Then, these people crying are people that pull mobs, stand in red circles, die by fire, ect. One time, I even had a Mara duel me. Normally, I refuse duels because they're random people on the planets dueling everyone, and I'd rather level and not waste time. But, I accepted on my PT. After I won, the Mara rage quit the group...

People that queue for the role they're not, on purpose. On lower FPs, it barely makes a difference (which I think is a problem). But, it doesn't take long for it to become a problem. I cannot stand when a DPS queue's as a healer. Once, I've had someone load in and apologize for being a DPS that queue'd for heals. She said she forgot to uncheck the box. But, since she didn't want to leave us without a healer, she re specc'd into one. Everything was fine. But, when we're fighting mobs, and I see Death Field when the only Sorc is the healer.... So annoying. I won't say anything unless we wipe on mobs when we shouldn't have. "Wow, nice madness healing sorc we have! Haha" .. "***, im heals" ... "Why can you cast Death Field? And, have unlimited lightning?" ... "just go!!11!" We go... we wipe. People that do this get to skip queue times, but if you can't complete the FP because you suck at heals, why bother?

People that ninja loot. I can't stand when someone needs something they can't/don't use. It's fine if the reason they can't use it is only level. Then, it's whatever. But, seeing something like a Sniper roll on Heavy Armor when there's another BH rolling for it... "its 4 my companin" You DON'T need gear for a companion! Especially if there's someone that can use the armor. If you ask before rolling if you can need for a companion and everyone says it's okay, then sure. I hate getting excited "Yay! My jacket finally dropped!!" the I get ninja'd.... I especially hate it if they were it. "Really? You ninja her loot, then wear it? You're a Marauder, you don't need a cunning jacket." ... "looks gud" ... Ugh! Then, you inspect them, and they have random stats on their random gear that they ninja'd from other players. Kicked! Ignored!

People that get upset about using the ignore feature. The game provides us with a tool to help create a gaming environment we want. If someone doesn't like seeing your racist slurs in general chat, be prepared to be ignored. I don't agree with people stating they ignored someone in chat, but seeing someone get upset about is worse, in my opinion. While on the Fleet (ugh), I was at the GTN looking for a Mystic chest. I get a whisper, "Hey bae" I instantly get frustrated because I HATE when guys call me "bae". It's a stupid word. But, I don't say anything, just keep shopping. "*** b**** (he used the stars, too. Thinking it somehow made it okay), y u ignore me?" I sigh and reply, "Because I'm not interested, thanks." A few moments of silence.. "u stupid c***, you cant resist my d. die" So, I report him for harassment and ignore him. then get a whisper, "y u ignore me? stupid b****" I really want an ignore account function. Or, maybe it was one of his friends or something. Ignore is made for people like that guy! Also, I hate the whole "get thick skin" It's not a matter of thick skin or not. There's nothing anyone could say that would offend me or something like that. It's that I don't want to see it. I don't want to see what someone like that has to say, and I certainly don't want to be in a group with them since I like to have fun in my groups.

Well!! It was fun writing this. I actually do feel better! Haha. I also want to say, not everyone in this game is bad! I've made a lot of friends and met a lot of nice players. And, I enjoy those meetings! Just some people... I don't understand. Meh, oh well!

Any annoying things you don't understand about people? Please, share!

Ouch, feel bad about the whisper creep. If that happens, I just keep ignoring manually and then finish the /ignore function. If the person follows on his/her alt, I go "What? When?" Pretend to look and go "oh, sorry, must have you/your buddy on ignore. Have a nice day." /ignore that person too.

And ninja looters, I feel your pain. And wrong rollers too.

Hopefully Discipline will help cut down on the wrong-rollers who just want the pop, as well as getting those lower leveled FPs properly grouped since healers would have decent heals and tanks could actually tank at the lower levels.

Agree with all of these.

Also agree with an above posters comment that as much as people complain about disciplines (I'm not one of them) hopefully they will deal with the que cheaters problem.

The pvp whiners can only make me shake my head. Deal with the fact you suck, and either learn to play correctly, or stay away from it. B*t©hing and moaning about it in chat just makes people write you off as an idiot and ignore you. (There's a player on jung ma that immedately starts screaming that whoever opposing them is hackers when they lose, has been going this for at least a YEAR, and goes on for HOURS if not days about it... yeah I'm talking about you HH :p )

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Agree with all of these.

Also agree with an above posters comment that as much as people complain about disciplines (I'm not one of them) hopefully they will deal with the que cheaters problem.

The pvp whiners can only make me shake my head. Deal with the fact you suck, and either learn to play correctly, or stay away from it. B*t©hing and moaning about it in chat just makes people write you off as an idiot and ignore you. (There's a player on jung ma that immedately starts screaming that whoever opposing them is hackers when they lose, has been going this for at least a YEAR, and goes on for HOURS if not days about it... yeah I'm talking about you HH :p )

I noticed that the ones that cry about the team sucks are on the low end of the score board.

People that ninja loot don't always do it on purpose. I remember when I first started playing, I had a really hard time figuring out which stats I need to bolster, and what gear I should be using, etc. So yeah, occasionally I was wearing cunning gear when I was an assassin tank, and didn't need it, but I simply didn't know what the stats were that I needed. I always just want for whatever upgrades my endurance, strength, etc or whatever. Sometimes just politely explaining these things and calmly asking for them to trade is better than freaking out and yelling at someone for not knowing how to play.

There is a guy like that on The Bastion server. I was doing an arena and he was on the other team which we easily defeated. The guy then went on a big rant in general chat about how we were a whole bunch of f****** hackers and stuff like that. Can you guess who we killed first?

I recently had to explain a fresh player what "Need" and what "Greed" are. It was during or after Esseles.

One point I had never recognized is - the dice !

Actually, the "Need" symbol shows dice !

THEREFORE he was constantly thinking that he did it right when he clicked on the "rolling the dice [for an item]" symbol !

He thought that this was fair to let everyone roll dice for that item !

Nowhere within the game there is actually explained that this "rolling the dice" symbol actually means "Need" !

This is a point I had never thought of before - because I'm already too deep within "the system".

Mostly true words here... although I will admit that sometimes, I will queue as a tank in DPS gear/spec for tacticals or level 50 flashpoints (particularly on vanguard/PT). I'll do it for HM 55 if our group is super geared, but if we have trouble, I have no problem regearing and respeccing to tank.

But, the situations you described can definitely be frustrating... madness heals?! =|