Juggernaut End Game Tank Stats

SQUIDWARF

Different tanking stats are more useful for different bosses, this is because the types of damage being dealt by the boss change, depending on the boss.

If you have a boss with heavy melee/ranged (eg Nefra in DF), Defense Chance is your preferred stat. For a boss with mostly Force/Tech attacks (eg Bestia in DP), Shield Chance and Shield Absorption are much more important.

When gearing my Immortal Juggernaut, I focus on balancing the stats as much as possible, and swap out a couple of modifications, if i feel my mitigation stat distribution is a bit off for the fight.

I should also mention that Defense Chance only works on Melee/Ranged attacks (ie you can't defend against Force/Tech attacks), whereas Shield Absorption works on ALL damage types. Many of the tanks I've had the pleasure of raiding with have often told me that Shield Absorption and Shield Change are much more useful than Defense.

Hope I didn't confuse you and happy tanking :)

Edited by Horano_Heresy

I should also mention that Defense Chance only works on Melee/Ranged attacks (ie you can't defend against Force/Tech attacks), whereas Shield Absorption works on ALL damage types. Many of the tanks I've had the pleasure of raiding with have often told me that Shield Absorption and Shield Change are much more useful than Defense.

Sorry to pick apart your reply, but just to clarify, shield will work on any attack type that deals energy/kinetic damage. It doesn't work on attacks that deal internal/elemental damage.

If you want to change your stat spread to match the boss (which isn't required), you will end up swapping out defence for more absorption on a per boss basis. In extreme cases like Brontes you could augment for shield, but other than a few exceptions you don't want to augment shield on a juggernaut tank.

Sorry to pick apart your reply, but just to clarify, shield will work on any attack type that deals energy/kinetic damage. It doesn't work on attacks that deal internal/elemental damage.

Thanks for the correction. Wasn't aware of that ;)

Edited by Horano_Heresy