PvE sever PvPs stupid tactics.

xTopher_x

So today was minding my own business doing dailies when a pub player decides to be a douche and follow me arround flag'd for PvP.. also decked out with 186's on him and comp. I know he wants me to attack so i am careful and dont, well he has the loot emote where his toon plays dead and sits on my loot drops, and so when i went to loot i attack and continues to keep ganking me. I am curious if i can report for harassment considering i did attack but it wasnt by my own doing.. I did report cause he was trolling me and following me to medstation. Edited by xTopher_x

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are supposedly limitations on how long you can go after a single player.

Following a guy for multiple days and ganking them is regarded as harassment. Shorter time frames it becomes more questionable what would be considered a violation.

You are allowed to kill a player multiple times, you're not supposed to be hunting down a particular person repeatedly over an extended period of time.

Take solace in the fact that he's so "skilled" at PvP that he had to move to a PvE server. What that means is that he got his *** handed to him so many times that he couldn't play the game, and decided to move.

There will, of course, be the flock of "elite PvPers" who will contest this post, there always are, with "but the populations are so low on the PvP servers". Hmm, I wonder why...:cool:

Source?

A dev or community team member said it back in like 2012. Not going to bother going back to try and find it since there's not much point to it.

Other forms of harassment include things like same-faction stalking.

Edited by Vandicus

I'm not surprised, but am still amazed if you know what I mean, that people invest their time being such flaming ***** on a PVE server. Public awareness message: Those aren't PVPers by classification, they're just flaming *****.

I'm also amazed that BW doesn't just make the toggle manual-only.

Edited by Joesixxpack

So no source at all...

It actually is considered harassment, specifically on PvE servers. Now I know incompetently bad PvPers will try to defend this but it is right there in the Terms of Service that no one evidently reads;

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

Since the obvious intent was to force a player that did not want to flag to flag, the end result is harassment.

follow me arround flag'd for PvP.. also decked out with 186's on him and comp.

well he has the loot emote where his toon plays dead and sits on my loot drops, and so when i went to loot i attack and continues to keep ganking me.

OK...highlighted 2 points for me there, first one.. you can't inspect a opposing faction player.. so how did you assume he was 186 geared?

Second point... 1, you can pick up loot from about 10 feet away from the loot drop area.. you don't have to be standing on top of them..also seeing the reticle of your mouse change from a target ie for enemy player or normal arrow for clicking on corse. 2, you cant attack anything on a mouse keypress when looting unless you have specifically keybound your mouse default general click button to attack people with...

OK...highlighted 2 points for me there, first one.. you can't inspect a opposing faction player.. so how did you assume he was 186 geared?

You realize that 186 gear is also visually distinct, or did you forget that small detail?

Second point... 1, you can pick up loot from about 10 feet away from the loot drop area.. you don't have to be standing on top of them..also seeing the reticle of your mouse change from a target ie for enemy player or normal arrow for clicking on corse. 2, you cant attack anything on a mouse keypress when looting unless you have specifically keybound your mouse default general click button to attack people with...

Quest objectives don't fall under loot rules.

2, you cant attack anything on a mouse keypress when looting unless you have specifically keybound your mouse default general click button to attack people with...

Actually, the default for right-click (looting, interacting with the world) is tied to whatever is bound to 1 on your toolbar. That's usually the default first attack skill that you get.

Actually, the default for right-click (looting, interacting with the world) is tied to whatever is bound to 1 on your toolbar. That's usually the default first attack skill that you get.

Shh, don't cloud his argument with details, especially not accurate ones. it'll make it look like he supports trying to force others to PvP.

Urm...no it's not

Um... yes it is. Are you sure you're playing the same game? The default behavior of the right mouse button is to interact with a selected object. If that object is an enemy target, whether that be mob or player, it will fire off the skill on Hot Bar Slot 1. If it's a corpse, or other useable item, it will use it.

So, there are 3 people in this thread who seem to be okay with the behaviour discussed here.

One hints at the OP not telling the truth. One questions that hunting down a particular person repeatedly over a certain amount of time is considered harrassment. And one simply likes the creativity of the bullying presented here.

I got a bad feeling about these three guys.

So today was minding my own business doing dailies when a pub player decides to be a douche and follow me arround flag'd for PvP.. also decked out with 186's on him and comp. I know he wants me to attack so i am careful and dont, well he has the loot emote where his toon plays dead and sits on my loot drops, and so when i went to loot i attack and continues to keep ganking me. I am curious if i can report for harassment considering i did attack but it wasnt by my own doing.. I did report cause he was trolling me and following me to medstation.

report him every time he does it. file a new report.

If he is wearing 186 stuff, go run a few warzones and get yourself some pvp gear (2018 expertise). Next, go hunt him and take him down repeatedly until he begs for mercy. PVP gear with 2018 expertise will shred 186 gear in open world. The 2018 expertise will grant you a 60% pvp damage boost and 37.5% pvp damage reduction.

If you don't want to hunt him, just do your dailies in the pvp gear. It's way more than sufficient. When he comes back, he's going to be in for a surprise! :D

Edited by teclado

While I do not support or condone the action done to you op, I must say that your title, implying stupid pvpers is going to do you more harm then good. As Joesixpac pointed out, these people are not pvpers, they are just lames. Also, I just wanted to point out to you, for future use if you find yourself in a sitiuation like this, call in chat about it, lots of folks are happy to come gank a greifer. Use the tools you got to turn it around on his sorry behind. Also, if no one is around maybe port to your stronghold and open the decorate window, five minutes should fly by, I know it can suck a whole hour before I even realize it. GTN shopping at Cz-198 could also work. Just ideas on what you could do for a quick five minutes to get your pvp flag gone. INB4 no he should not have to wait for five minutes just for some griefer but realisticly, thats the only way to make it stop for sure. Be well man.

While I do not support or condone the action done to you op, I must say that your title, implying stupid pvpers is going to do you more harm then good. As Joesixpac pointed out, these people are not pvpers, they are just lames. Also, I just wanted to point out to you, for future use if you find yourself in a sitiuation like this, call in chat about it, lots of folks are happy to come gank a greifer. Use the tools you got to turn it around on his sorry behind. Also, if no one is around maybe port to your stronghold and open the decorate window, five minutes should fly by, I know it can suck a whole hour before I even realize it. GTN shopping at Cz-198 could also work. Just ideas on what you could do for a quick five minutes to get your pvp flag gone. INB4 no he should not have to wait for five minutes just for some griefer but realisticly, thats the only way to make it stop for sure. Be well man.

you can always que for pvp and quit out once it pops. that gets rid of unwanted pvp flags

Get rid of expertise, and bolster all players to identical predetermined stats when in PVP mode, be it warzones or in open world, instantly people, even on PVE servers will have interest in open world PVP and likely que for warzones more frequently as well, if you're a good pvper you'll still win on skill alone but it can never be a rofl stomp that it is today.

you can always que for pvp and quit out once it pops. that gets rid of unwanted pvp flags

Instead of doing this, which will annoy people trying to get a warzone done, why not start up the GSF training level and exit as soon as you get in? Gets rid of the pvp flag and doesn't affect anyone else. As an added bonus it is even faster.

Instead of doing this, which will annoy people trying to get a warzone done, why not start up the GSF training level and exit as soon as you get in? Gets rid of the pvp flag and doesn't affect anyone else. As an added bonus it is even faster.

Why? In the OP's case, it's not like they deliberately flagged for PvP, so why not just use the PvP queue. It's not against the rules to do it after all, it's just a douche move, right? Kind of like what the player in question did to the OP. It's not against the rules, just a douche move. I say one good douche move deserves another.