Per server population = 2000?

Lasica

As an experiment this morning I used the in game search function to search for player by level 1-50. This is on my server, Ajunta Pall which has a queue to enter when I logged on.

On the Sith side, which was more populated than the Republic side, I counted a total of 1093 players.

This seems very low, but I also checked the republic side and while I didn't take the time to add up all the numbers a second time, the total I'm seeing very similar number per level (lower in most cases).

Which suggests to me that the total concurrent players per server is approximately 2000 people which helps explains why there are so few players on some worlds and why it is so difficult to find a group.

Thoughts/comments (happy to be proven wrong).

On US TZ on EU Server iv been playing on you barely see 30 players per planet / imperial fleet/ zone etc.

In EU TZ and remember it is christmas time its roughly 75-150 players per planet / imperial fleet / zone.

Plus these are rough numbers.

So I would say your numbers are just about right. They do seem pretty low and I did hear an interview from bioware saying that alot of the pre order numbers that were thrown around in beta were all lies and over the top rumour as they never actually released any numbers.

Edited by TRONEON

As an experiment this morning I used the in game search function to search for player by level 1-50. This is on my server, Ajunta Pall which has a queue to enter when I logged on.

On the Sith side, which was more populated than the Republic side, I counted a total of 1093 players.

This seems very low, but I also checked the republic side and while I didn't take the time to add up all the numbers a second time, the total I'm seeing very similar number per level (lower in most cases).

Which suggests to me that the total concurrent players per server is approximately 2000 people which helps explains why there are so few players on some worlds and why it is so difficult to find a group.

Thoughts/comments (happy to be proven wrong).

each area is also broken down into zones, so drommund kass could have 2 instances running.

as to the population, did you also check all the names that logged in and cross check those at all times of the day the server was up? could also be that you know it's christmas and some may not even be logging in. traveling....or frankly have better things to do during the holiday period.

i sat in a que on one of the servers i play on i was 2790th in the que on an already full server so cap must be higher or needs to be adjusted.

pure guess work based on expected figures/server numbers with a fairly large margin.

how many servers are there? 160..something or close to it, break that down between current subs say 1.5-2 million and what do you end up with?

so 2 mil guessed ofc divided by 170...estimate 11764 per server, no accurate figures there but top end thats what you'd be looking at per server with 2 million and 170 servers break that down and thats 5832 per faction.

even were there to be less than 2 mill and less than 170 servers thats still more than 2000 per server by quite a large number.

you'd have to do a full on seed of all logins for all levels in all zones and instances to get even close to an accurate answer hence why i put pure conjecture above.

each area is also broken down into zones, so drommund kass could have 2 instances running.

Yes I'm aware of this, that is why I counted by player level. That shows players no matter where they are or what instance they may be in. For example, level 45 at the moment has 4 players, 1 at the Imperial Fleet, 1 in a flashpoint and 2 playing Huttball.

I'll also point out that the server had a queue to enter when I logged on. That would suggest it was already at it's max population so the time of day wouldn't matter if it was at max when I did the count.

i sat in a que on one of the servers i play on i was 2790th in the que on an already full server so cap must be higher or needs to be adjusted.

It is possible that the player cap on some servers has been increased to handle the queues. The largest queue I've had on Ajunta Pall was 150 and that took me around 15-20 mins before I could log in.

This is current players on the server, the actual server population might be 10,000 but not every one of those players is online right now. So there might be 2 million players in total, but not all of them are going to be online at once.

I guess it won't matter once more people hit max level and when you get say 200-300 people at level 50 online at once instead of 10.

as to the population, did you also check all the names that logged in and cross check those at all times of the day the server was up? could also be that you know it's christmas and some may not even be logging in. traveling....or frankly have better things to do during the holiday period.

pure guess work based on expected figures/server numbers with a fairly large margin.

how many servers are there? 160..something or close to it, break that down between current subs say 1.5-2 million and what do you end up with?

so 2 mil guessed ofc divided by 170...estimate 11764 per server, no accurate figures there but top end thats what you'd be looking at per server with 2 million and 170 servers break that down and thats 5832 per faction.

even were there to be less than 2 mill and less than 170 servers thats still more than 2000 per server by quite a large number.

you'd have to do a full on seed of all logins for all levels in all zones and instances to get even close to an accurate answer hence why i put pure conjecture above.

nothing that you said has any relevance to the original post

I play on Dark Reaper and did this very experience, as the server has a queue of about an hour and is labeled "Full". I even went to planets and looked at population and asked others what their population in their instance was. At the end of it I found that the cap appears to be somewhere around 2,000 players.