Remove the "screen-shake" from Force Quake

Soltis

(It's been a while since I've been on the forums, and I couldn't find the old Feedback section, so I figured I'd post here and maybe get moved by a mod to the appropriate forum.)

My request is to please remove or significantly reduce the "Screen Shake" effect of the Jedi Consular/Sage's "Force Quake" ability **OR** improve the damage of the ability and just give it a reasonable cooldown so it can't be spammed on every pull.

I have nothing against the mechanics of Force Quake. It's probably really powerful and important to AoE DPS for that class, and the sound and visual 'ground-cracking' effects are pretty cool. HOWEVER, the screen shaking from that spell is extremely excessive for tanks trying to hold packs of mobs in the middle of it.

I just ran my friends through Taral V and Maelstrom, and the Sage in our group would not stop spamming Force Quake on every pull, so I hope you can see where I'm coming from...

It wouldn't bother me if it was used every once in a while, but after an hour of fighting in Force Quake in pull after pull after pull, it gets ridiculous. I couldn't enjoy playing the game, and I had to take a break in the middle of our flashpoint to get medicine for the headache that Force Quake gave me... I'm not going to lie to you, devs, I really freaking hate that spell lol.

So unless there's an option I'm missing in Preferences where I can turn down its effects, I'm personally just going to BAN the spamming of that spell in my groups until it's hopefully changed... I don't play this game to get a headache whenever I'm chain-pulling AoE packs with a Consular/Sage. :( But rather than ban Force Quake in my groups, I'd like to see an option in Preferences or a code deleted in the game to remove the screen shake of Force Quake :) Thanks for reading. :)

It's a balancing factor. The Sith version completely covers your screen in hideous purple lightning that obscures absolutely everything and makes targeting a nightmare and causes small children to have seizures, so as to not give Republic players an unfair advantage in being able to tell what the hell they're doing when their version of the Sorcerer is in group, Force Quake got a screen shake.

S'ok.

• 4 weeks later...
You can disable screen shake in the options. I dont see the need to remove the effect from the ability, especially given what it is.

Erm, where the hell is that option? I must have been blinded by all the shakes to not be able to locate it:(

Did they fix it? Since I still get mad screen shakes each time I run near some Sages killing stuff. It's beyond annoying.

It isn't fixed. My camera is still shaking anytime I'm in the same general area as a consular casting force quake. Those of us who get simulation sickness, have migraines, or epilepsy are boned. While it is of short duration, even one makes me feel sick. And to see that all the time, as a migraineur, this causes me a lot of pain. There really should be an option to disable camera shaking.

I have to totally disagree here. I think excessive screen shake is completely immersive (not a word) and must be left in the game for that reason. As a matter of principle, I think every ability should shake our screens to the point of physical movement and eventual burnout of the monitors!

/sarcasm

I have to totally disagree here. I think excessive screen shake is completely immersive (not a word) and must be left in the game for that reason. As a matter of principle, I think every ability should shake our screens to the point of physical movement and eventual burnout of the monitors!

/sarcasm

of course immersive is a word, get with the times.