Dark Council Order Of Power

LordRuina

I consider Nox on Marr's level. Nox is the only one Marr is standing side-by-side with, supporting, and being buddy-buddy with. In the SI SoR class mission, it's alluded to that Marr and Nox have combined fleets to lead Military stuff. That has to mean something.

True, their fleets are united. But I'm not sure if I would count Nox's influence higher than Mortis or Ravage. I wish he was, but I do feel like he's not. Marr talks like Nox like "buddies" because he's sort of a nice guy, and I think that everyone in Marr's "group" are sort of equal, not counting Marr as he's the top dog (at least I think so.)

At least I'm sure we agree on that Marr and his "buddies" (Nox included) are the top dogs in the Council!

True, their fleets are united. But I'm not sure if I would count Nox's influence higher than Mortis or Ravage. I wish he was, but I do feel like he's not. Marr talks like Nox like "buddies" because he's sort of a nice guy, and I think that everyone in Marr's "group" are sort of equal, not counting Marr as he's the top dog (at least I think so.)

At least I'm sure we agree on that Marr and his "buddies" (Nox included) are the top dogs in the Council!

We don't see the influence of Mortis anywhere, minus the Shroud, and Nox can just overrule Ravage's only example of influence: the Alzar campaign.

Edited by Exosasa

I don't think Marr has any other buddies. I never got the convo about fleets that I remember, but I do distinctly remember my Occlus and Marr talking about how the rest of the Council can be kept in line while they decide on the future of the Empire. :p So I'd put Nox *cough*Occlus*cough* as second in the pecking order now, as he is the only member of the Council Marr trusts, and Marr is pretty much running the show now.

Edited by jovianus

I don't think Marr has any other buddies. I never got the convo about fleets that I remember, but I do distinctly remember my Occlus and Marr talking about how the rest of the Council can be kept in line while they decide on the future of the Empire. :p So I'd put Nox *cough*Occlus*cough* as second in the pecking order now, as he is the only member of the Council Marr trusts, and Marr is pretty much running the show now.

Oh, I remember that part. I thought people meant at some point you directly had a conversation with Marr about combining fleets.

I wish :rolleyes:

EDIT: I wanna go to a council meeting, and especially watch Ravage complain about me having the Alzarians trained.

Edited by Exosasa

I think Marr is indeed stronger than Nox, and that the two are probably, arguably, the two strongest on the Dark Council...

...and I don't think Marr cares at all.

One of Nox's lines at the end of SoR paint that well: Nox says that with the Emperor abandoning the Empire, Marr and Nox are standing in each other's way of taking the Throne, and Marr outright dismisses that, saying that "This way is better".

I think Marr's game really is that he wants a united Empire to conquer the galaxy. Maybe they'll turn on each other once the Republic's devastated, but until then, Marr recognizes that going after his own rivals only makes the Republic stronger. Marr is strong enough that no one's capable of taking him on... and his intentionally declining that spot might quell a lot of the turmoil.

Or it might increase it, some of the others in the Dark Council thinking him weak and overly cautious... difficult to say in the end.

I think Marr is indeed stronger than Nox, and that the two are probably, arguably, the two strongest on the Dark Council...

...and I don't think Marr cares at all.

One of Nox's lines at the end of SoR paint that well: Nox says that with the Emperor abandoning the Empire, Marr and Nox are standing in each other's way of taking the Throne, and Marr outright dismisses that, saying that "This way is better".

I think Marr's game really is that he wants a united Empire to conquer the galaxy. Maybe they'll turn on each other once the Republic's devastated, but until then, Marr recognizes that going after his own rivals only makes the Republic stronger. Marr is strong enough that no one's capable of taking him on... and his intentionally declining that spot might quell a lot of the turmoil.

Or it might increase it, some of the others in the Dark Council thinking him weak and overly cautious... difficult to say in the end.

Would be entertaining for one of the other Councillors to try something only to be crushed by Nox and Marr together, and then they sit down his successor and patiently explain exactly what his place in the world is. :p